BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Next Gen G87 M2 Render *regular updates*

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-09-2020, 12:36 PM   #89
Ghostriderf80
Got Tools?? Use them.
Ghostriderf80's Avatar
United Kingdom
720
Rep
1,166
Posts

Drives: Just a BMW
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Netz

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Lots of different kinks, so I'm not sure what you mean by "traditional".
Exactly. I think the one thing traditional that remains about BMW. Is it handles very well, nearly 50/50 balance. They are cheaper than a 911, can keep up with a GT3 RS after about 15000 worth of track mods.
Are not terribly expensive.

New grill - may look good from a different angle. I am for one now really enjoy the new 1 series grill more than the outgoing gen.

Also M2 is not a real M car it is simply not.
__________________
1980 VW Rabbit 8v- 4spd - #1 First car - Thanks Dad
2014 M5 past 2016 M3 Comp DCT
Porsche Cayenne S
Porsche Macan S
Future Porsche 911
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan6784.50

      07-09-2020, 12:40 PM   #90
PARTS@STBMW
PARTS@STBMW's Avatar
United_States
1654
Rep
6,839
Posts

Drives: ALL BMW MODELS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

I dig it!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #91
jb001
driver
jb001's Avatar
Belgium
72
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Belgium S-W

iTrader: (0)

Do one with the new M3/M4 style wheels. I hope the side vent will be functional this time round, and not another fake plastic side thingy.
__________________
1996 E36 318ti compact, SOLD
2003 E46 M3///, SOLD
2009 E87 118d, SOLD
2014 M235i, SOLD
2018 M2 LCI
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 07:43 PM   #92
GerryM5
Private First Class
GerryM5's Avatar
United_States
132
Rep
156
Posts

Drives: BMW M2C
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Los Gatos, CA, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmadhu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw43 View Post
Hi guys,

check out my new renders of the G87 M2 based on the latest sightings and already leaked pictures.

What do you think of it?

Peace!

Attachment 2357693



With inspiration from leaked images of the next gen G42 2 Series Coupe:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...A&usqp=CAU
Interesting nearly full with black trim on rear bumper. Could tricky to pull off without looking cheap.
__________________
M2C 2019
135is Dinan S2
E60 M5
E39 M5 Dinan S2
E34 M5 Dinan S1
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 01:38 AM   #93
V-Eight
Private First Class
V-Eight's Avatar
92
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: F20 M140i - Maserati Ghibli S
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

In M dress could be the BMW to buy. Have we to wait 3 years to buy it or will it be with us in 12/18 months? I mean the M2 off course not the normal versions.....
Appreciate 1
TargaM2142.00

      07-10-2020, 03:55 AM   #94
RPM33
Lieutenant
263
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
In M dress could be the BMW to buy. Have we to wait 3 years to buy it or will it be with us in 12/18 months? I mean the M2 off course not the normal versions.....
I believe the next-generation M2 is not going in production until December 2022 so not at dealers until early 2023. 2 and a half years away.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2020, 01:53 AM   #95
M4UFO
Private
M4UFO's Avatar
United Kingdom
33
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4 Comp
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

That looks Terrible.
Appreciate 2
NickyC7058.00
ChrisM2152.50

      07-12-2020, 01:01 PM   #96
Running Man
New Member
United Kingdom
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: On Order - BMW M2 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Ashford Kent

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmadhu View Post
The headlights don't even match the spy shots, horrible render
Being nice is a good thing 🙋*♂️
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 10:12 PM   #97
Mingwan
Major
1531
Rep
1,217
Posts

Drives: X1 Individual custom paint
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (0)

Not a criticism on the render, but based on the leaked photos the next 2 series looks like itíll look like a pos. Itís starting to look like a scion
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2020, 04:45 PM   #98
White340
Major
365
Rep
1,078
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Reminds me of a Scion Tc
__________________
2018 M3 Competition : AW/SO
2016 340i xDrive : AW/CR (previous)
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 10:17 AM   #99
dm874
Lieutenant
dm874's Avatar
69
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: 15' M4
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bucks County,PA

iTrader: (0)

That rendering reminds me of a BRZ
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 03:22 PM   #100
superherorockstar
Private First Class
60
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: 2014 335
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

I'd take this over the new m4 in regards to looks. I'm just concerned in regards to interior options.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 12:46 AM   #101
stylinexpat
Major
stylinexpat's Avatar
300
Rep
1,345
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

iTrader: (0)

I hope the new one gets a few important updates. Maybe a little longer wheelbase to reduce bumpiness on freeway rides and some better insulation to make the car a bit quieter at 80-90 Mph freeway speeds. They should offer it with better glass and insulation for those that want it. Current one can get quite noisy at higher highway speeds. Asides from that the current one is a great city car
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 01:08 PM   #102
antzcrashing
Colonel
antzcrashing's Avatar
United_States
812
Rep
2,330
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern MA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I dont like the taillights
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2020, 05:21 PM   #103
james_c
New Member
2
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (0)

The headlights need to be shinier and maybe some reflection on the hood and windscreen... looks a little dull right now. Other than that it's great.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 03:43 PM   #104
Orange fever
Colonel
Orange fever's Avatar
Thailand
1768
Rep
2,683
Posts

Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,135i,i3,M2
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal. in the hood!!!

iTrader: (5)

Small grills and AWD FTMFW!!!!
__________________

F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,
VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,
AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe///BMW I01 i3 Rex- H&R Springs ///
Wish list : Mexico delivery M2CSL 2022 and i4 inext ///
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 07:00 PM   #105
Germanauto
Brigadier General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
5251
Rep
3,946
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

My fears for this car:
- Steering regressing. The current setup is not the best but overall it's BMW's best work on EPS
- Added weight. The M3/4 just packed on 350 lbs. The M2 already isn't a lightweight
- Interior coming straight out of the 2 Gran Coupe. Having to put up with this gimmicky light-up plastic trim instead of carbon fiber like the current model would be very disappointing. BMW is a luxury brand and should offer the option of premium trim pieces like CF, aluminum, or wood

Overall I can live with what I've seen of the styling. BMW's F-chassis cars, for all their faults, nailed the clean classic BMW look. The G chassis cars in comparison all have styling quirks. Some look fine overall (3, 5, X3, X5), whereas others are just bad (4, Z4, 7, M3/4).
__________________
Make BMW Great Again

Last edited by Germanauto; 09-23-2020 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2020, 10:16 PM   #106
Karmic Man
Major
Karmic Man's Avatar
Australia
1386
Rep
1,388
Posts

Drives: M2C
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: World

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
My fears for this car:
- Steering regressing. The current setup is not the best but overall it's BMW's best work on EPS
- Added weight. The M3/4 just packed on 350 lbs. The M2 already isn't a lightweight
- Interior coming straight out of the 2 Gran Coupe. Having to put up with this gimmicky light-up plastic trim instead of carbon fiber like the current model would be very disappointing. BMW is a luxury brand and should offer the option of premium trim pieces like CF, aluminum, or wood

Overall I can live with what I've seen of the styling. BMW's F-chassis cars, for all their faults, nailed the clean classic BMW look. The G chassis cars in comparison all have styling quirks. Some look fine overall (3, 5, X3, X5), whereas others are just bad (4, Z4, 7, M3/4).
Steering: As with any electronic device, they will just get better and better so I wouldn't worry about it

Weight: Big concern. I believe they went cheap on the G80/82 body, using less aluminium alloy and more steel thus the humongous weight increase of circa 170-180 kg over the predecessor on a apple to apple spec.

Interior: From spy shots it looks like it's a lift from the 3 series...

Styling: A big concern given the controversy of the design language on the M3/M4. They have chosen a radical but not well received design to set apart the M3/M4. You don't look at them as say wow I want one. You have to dig into the spec and say wow 500hp, 0-60...etc

I hope they will put in more classic BMW M elements on the G87 and make it a very desirable car even before one peek at the spec. Then it will be a win for BMW.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 01:44 AM   #107
Germanauto
Brigadier General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
5251
Rep
3,946
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
Steering: As with any electronic device, they will just get better and better so I wouldn't worry about it

Weight: Big concern. I believe they went cheap on the G80/82 body, using less aluminium alloy and more steel thus the humongous weight increase of circa 170-180 kg over the predecessor on a apple to apple spec.

Interior: From spy shots it looks like it's a lift from the 3 series...

Styling: A big concern given the controversy of the design language on the M3/M4. They have chosen a radical but not well received design to set apart the M3/M4. You don't look at them as say wow I want one. You have to dig into the spec and say wow 500hp, 0-60...etc

I hope they will put in more classic BMW M elements on the G87 and make it a very desirable car even before one peek at the spec. Then it will be a win for BMW.
The problem is that BMW purposely makes its steering mediocre. Somehow the current M2 bucked that trend. After driving the F10, F30, F15, F25, etc. I expected the worst with the M2 and was pleasantly surprised. However the G chassis models really aren't much better in this area so I don't know what to expect with the next M2.

I really do hope the weight is kept in check and the interior comes out of the 3-series...
__________________
Make BMW Great Again
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 01:56 PM   #108
EXE46
Captain
EXE46's Avatar
United_States
709
Rep
611
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: State of Dystopia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
My fears for this car:
- Steering regressing. The current setup is not the best but overall it's BMW's best work on EPS
- Added weight. The M3/4 just packed on 350 lbs. The M2 already isn't a lightweight
- Interior coming straight out of the 2 Gran Coupe. Having to put up with this gimmicky light-up plastic trim instead of carbon fiber like the current model would be very disappointing. BMW is a luxury brand and should offer the option of premium trim pieces like CF, aluminum, or wood

Overall I can live with what I've seen of the styling. BMW's F-chassis cars, for all their faults, nailed the clean classic BMW look. The G chassis cars in comparison all have styling quirks. Some look fine overall (3, 5, X3, X5), whereas others are just bad (4, Z4, 7, M3/4).
Wow! didn't know this, so more weight gain than F30 to G20. Definitely weren't expecting that for an M car.
__________________
Prior's: E36, E46 x2
Appreciate 1
Germanauto5251.00

      09-27-2020, 08:34 PM   #109
reitmr
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW 2020 M340i
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTS@STBMW View Post
I dig it!
glad you do
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 01:44 AM   #110
fastboatster
Lieutenant
155
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: 2009 bmw 328i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
The problem is that BMW purposely makes its steering mediocre. Somehow the current M2 bucked that trend. After driving the F10, F30, F15, F25, etc. I expected the worst with the M2 and was pleasantly surprised. However the G chassis models really aren't much better in this area so I don't know what to expect with the next M2.

I really do hope the weight is kept in check and the interior comes out of the 3-series...
I wonder how much of that poor steering is a result of software calibration. Perhaps it's time for the aftermarket to step in and start offering tuned eps software calibrations like they do for the engines and tcus. I guess on hurdle here is that it's a lot more subjective than the engine and probably takes somebody who can drive a car at the limit for a living.
__________________
09 328i TiAg 6MT barebones with sport package
Appreciate 1
Germanauto5251.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST