BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board What's that? You wanna chit chat? Welcome to the whore thread (Part 3)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-21-2020, 01:22 PM   #2003
Soul_Glo
Major General
Soul_Glo's Avatar
No_Country
6503
Rep
6,979
Posts

Drives: 320d G20
Join Date: May 2013
Location: X

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
any one have a nice way of telling your boss to go eat a D***!
Get him a coffee with the strongest laxatives you can find.
__________________
Just let your soul glo...
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 12:41 AM   #2004
Denis S
Enlisted Member
Russia
306
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: X3
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: St.Petersburg

iTrader: (0)

What are you all doing here?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 04:17 PM   #2005
Soul_Glo
Major General
Soul_Glo's Avatar
No_Country
6503
Rep
6,979
Posts

Drives: 320d G20
Join Date: May 2013
Location: X

iTrader: (1)

TXSTYLE

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54313110

Stay safe brother.
__________________
Just let your soul glo...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 08:14 PM   #2006
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
F30lolz's Avatar
United_States
3834
Rep
2,593
Posts

Drives: 09 335i/11 CTS Coupe/15 428 GC
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami, FL/Shelbyville, IN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 428 GC  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
2011 CTS Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis S View Post
What are you all doing here?
We’re all trying to decide what Meatloaf meant in his hit song from back in the day when people wore pajamas and lived life slow:

I would do anything for love but I won’t do that.

What is that? He would do anything for love but won’t do ‘that’.


What exactly is ‘that’?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorKTM View Post
So there is actually more of a chance to get more hp out of a 330 then a 335 in my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmf80 View Post
Seems like ur out of touch with baseball a bit. A few years behind.
You didn’t know who Hader was. And Kershaw is a mess in the playoffs. No thanks
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo6503.00
nyalpine906104.50

      09-27-2020, 08:19 PM   #2007
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10961
Rep
23,084
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Butt stuff
Appreciate 1
F30lolz3834.00

      09-28-2020, 01:43 AM   #2008
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
upstatedoc's Avatar
4634
Rep
2,070
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Butt stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis S View Post
What are you all doing here?
We're all trying to decide what Meatloaf meant in his hit song from back in the day when people wore pajamas and lived life slow:

I would do anything for love but I won't do that.

What is that? He would do anything for love but won't do 'that'.


What exactly is 'that'?
I had a girlfriend that encouraged it.
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 04:16 AM   #2009
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Dang3r's Avatar
Germany
4457
Rep
1,564
Posts

Drives: M4CPC
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Liandri Central Core

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post

What exactly is ‘that’?
No Rock'n Roll dreams come true
__________________
M4CP - ZX12R LE - GPZ750 Turbo

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer had warned you about
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 04:18 AM   #2010
fiveohwblow
Second Lieutenant
fiveohwblow's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
223
Posts

Drives: E70, E46 M3, F82
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Desert SW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I had a girlfriend that encouraged it.
For which of the parties involved..?
Appreciate 3
Joekerr6450.50
UncleWede10327.50
F30lolz3834.00

      09-28-2020, 06:02 AM   #2011
Soul_Glo
Major General
Soul_Glo's Avatar
No_Country
6503
Rep
6,979
Posts

Drives: 320d G20
Join Date: May 2013
Location: X

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis S View Post
What are you all doing here?
We’re all trying to decide what Meatloaf meant in his hit song from back in the day when people wore pajamas and lived life slow:

I would do anything for love but I won’t do that.

What is that? He would do anything for love but won’t do ‘that’.


What exactly is ‘that’?
The bat outta hell himself explains:


https://ultimateclassicrock.com/meat...hing-for-love/
__________________
Just let your soul glo...
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 07:47 AM   #2012
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
6451
Rep
1,878
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Butt stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I had a girlfriend that encouraged it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
For which of the parties involved..?
Yeah, that's a question on my mind too. Doc - do you need to hop over to the confessional thread to make a post? And also, was she successful?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Joe's mind and vocabulary are much like being served something that you don't want to swallow on a 24k gold platter.....with 5 star service.
Appreciate 3
UncleWede10327.50
F30lolz3834.00

      09-28-2020, 03:50 PM   #2013
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
14509
Rep
4,033
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Someone give me some recommendations I've not thought of! Need a daily for the back and forth to work commute that is FUN! This would be to replace the 2016 Mini Cooper S I am using right now.

Rules:
(1) Must be fun to drive
(2) Must have less than 50K miles on it
(3) Must be less than $20K
- Big plus - eye catching!
- Another big plus - under 180" in length to fit easier behind the Alfa.

Everything I look at that gets my interest is too much money. Love the new Supra, love the Jag F-Type, love the older BMW Z4 Coupes, love 987 Caymans - but all over budget. Would probably do a 987 Boxster, but has to be 2009 or newer on those to avoid IMS stress and that is too much $$$ as well.

Not opposed to an older, low mileage fun car either, but can't find anything reliable in my price point. Thought about a last gen Toyota MR2 Turbo, but those things have really climbed in price. A good one is nearing $30K now, and this thing will get about 18K miles a year put on it, so don't want to pay a premium for a creampuff and then decimate the value.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 03:56 PM   #2014
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
10328
Rep
8,619
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Someone give me some recommendations I've not thought of! Need a daily for the back and forth to work commute that is FUN! This would be to replace the 2016 Mini Cooper S I am using right now.

Rules:
(1) Must be fun to drive
(2) Must have less than 50K miles on it
(3) Must be less than $20K
- Big plus - eye catching!
- Another big plus - under 180" in length to fit easier behind the Alfa.

Everything I look at that gets my interest is too much money. Love the new Supra, love the Jag F-Type, love the older BMW Z4 Coupes, love 987 Caymans - but all over budget. Would probably do a 987 Boxster, but has to be 2009 or newer on those to avoid IMS stress and that is too much $$$ as well.

Not opposed to an older, low mileage fun car either, but can't find anything reliable in my price point. Thought about a last gen Toyota MR2 Turbo, but those things have really climbed in price. A good one is nearing $30K now, and this thing will get about 18K miles a year put on it, so don't want to pay a premium for a creampuff and then decimate the value.
Remember the end of Poltergeist? I got a '77 Beetle that just doesn't seem to want to live with us any more. Moon roof.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent14508.50

      09-28-2020, 04:51 PM   #2015
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
upstatedoc's Avatar
4634
Rep
2,070
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
- Big plus - eye catching!
Scooby WRX Sti with the big ass wing
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 06:54 PM   #2016
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
14509
Rep
4,033
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
- Big plus - eye catching!
Scooby WRX Sti with the big ass wing
You do know I'm not 19 and I don't wear Monster Energy ball caps, right?
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 04:08 AM   #2017
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Dang3r's Avatar
Germany
4457
Rep
1,564
Posts

Drives: M4CPC
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Liandri Central Core

iTrader: (0)

How about a Mazda MX5?
__________________
M4CP - ZX12R LE - GPZ750 Turbo

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer had warned you about
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 07:42 AM   #2018
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
14509
Rep
4,033
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
How about a Mazda MX5?
Good recommendation. I've thought about them and I've owned several in the past, but bottom line is that they just don't 'feel' fast enough.

Honestly, I'd probably do the Fiat 124 version, but it would have to be the Abarth to get the drive modes and nice versions of those are all over the $20K cap.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 08:00 AM   #2019
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
6451
Rep
1,878
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Scooby WRX Sti with the big ass wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
You do know I'm not 19 and I don't wear Monster Energy ball caps, right?
Yes, but he *also* knows that you are quickly approaching a mid life crisis too, so he's just putting it out there now...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Joe's mind and vocabulary are much like being served something that you don't want to swallow on a 24k gold platter.....with 5 star service.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent14508.50
King Rudi8716.50

      09-29-2020, 08:12 AM   #2020
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
14509
Rep
4,033
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Yes, but he *also* knows that you are quickly approaching a mid life crisis too, so he's just putting it out there now...
I have an Alfa and an i8 - I believe we've already arrived to that point, lol.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr6450.50
King Rudi8716.50

      09-29-2020, 08:32 AM   #2021
fiveohwblow
Second Lieutenant
fiveohwblow's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
223
Posts

Drives: E70, E46 M3, F82
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Desert SW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Someone give me some recommendations I've not thought of! Need a daily for the back and forth to work commute that is FUN! This would be to replace the 2016 Mini Cooper S I am using right now.

Rules:
(1) Must be fun to drive
(2) Must have less than 50K miles on it
(3) Must be less than $20K
- Big plus - eye catching!
- Another big plus - under 180" in length to fit easier behind the Alfa.

Everything I look at that gets my interest is too much money. Love the new Supra, love the Jag F-Type, love the older BMW Z4 Coupes, love 987 Caymans - but all over budget. Would probably do a 987 Boxster, but has to be 2009 or newer on those to avoid IMS stress and that is too much $$$ as well.

Not opposed to an older, low mileage fun car either, but can't find anything reliable in my price point. Thought about a last gen Toyota MR2 Turbo, but those things have really climbed in price. A good one is nearing $30K now, and this thing will get about 18K miles a year put on it, so don't want to pay a premium for a creampuff and then decimate the value.
S1000rr. Meets allllllll them requirements
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 09:15 AM   #2022
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
14509
Rep
4,033
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
S1000rr. Meets allllllll them requirements
I feel like perhaps you don't know where I live. My driveway is several miles long and is the literal definition of the 'motorcycle road from hell'. Please refer to the photos below of my front yard.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo6503.00

      09-29-2020, 11:28 AM   #2023
fiveohwblow
Second Lieutenant
fiveohwblow's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
223
Posts

Drives: E70, E46 M3, F82
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Desert SW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I feel like perhaps you don't know where I live. My driveway is several miles long and is the literal definition of the 'motorcycle road from hell'. Please refer to the photos below of my front yard.
Well then, quite the nice front yard. Hate to know how long it takes you to make your way down that in the i8!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 01:47 PM   #2024
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
14509
Rep
4,033
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Well then, quite the nice front yard. Hate to know how long it takes you to make your way down that in the i8!!!
About 15 minutes - but the Alfa is worse, lol.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo6503.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw;bmwm;bmwm2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST