BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1: British GP '20 (1&2)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-08-2020, 10:09 AM   #463
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
23031
Rep
13,334
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
VET can't keep blaming the car, he needs some wd40 in HIS joints. A 4 time world champ can get even a shyzer car to go some unless there's some underhand things going on beyond VET's control, it's been mentioned,Lecresh seems to be coping better..how come,Ferrari want to keep them apart??
Indeed my friend . Lecrash is doing it not too bad . While "SEB" is nowhere..

Great job from the Hulk !
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 10:20 AM   #464
yco
i'm just saying
yco's Avatar
2522
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

what do you guys think about Vettel whats his problem? lack of motivation? somehow cant drive anymore? he doesnt want to? his engineering team started to ignore? even if he seems pushing can be seen he is going off the track etc.. im not sure Leclerc has some hope in the car as well but he somehow doing his best with it.. and the gap between Leclerc and Vettel is not small at all..

i really dont believe Ferrari is making Vettel's car slower it doesnt make sense at all why Ferrari would be ok for having less cons. points anyway..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 10:38 AM   #465
msk340i
Captain
1046
Rep
898
Posts

Drives: 340i M sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
what do you guys think about Vettel whats his problem? lack of motivation? somehow cant drive anymore? he doesnt want to? his engineering team started to ignore? even if he seems pushing can be seen he is going off the track etc.. im not sure Leclerc has some hope in the car as well but he somehow doing his best with it.. and the gap between Leclerc and Vettel is not small at all..

i really dont believe Ferrari is making Vettel's car slower it doesnt make sense at all why Ferrari would be ok for having less cons. points anyway..
Let me just be clear from the beginning: Leclerc is very talented and there's nothing against his abilities.
Ferrari is unique in how they treat drivers and they are unique in their shady ways that is historically proven. You can go back to their treatment of Prost who joined them as a world champion and then they fired him. Even MSC was mistreated in his last season. The radio messages between Binotto and Vettel after last week's race clearly shows a fallout in the relationship between the team and Vettel.
Going back to Prost. The 1991 is very similar to this year's and last year's seasons. They were ambitious and thought they are going to win the championship by making little changes only but as soon as the station started they were hit with a big surprise. Ferrari accused Prost of trying to change Ferrari into McLaren and that same exact same was said by Elkann when he said Vettel wants Ferrari to make him a car that's aerodynamically similar to what he's used to (meaning Red Bull). Elkann said it in a way that sounded like the team will be there to help him with a car he's comfortable in but if the boss thinks the driver wants to change the team then it's easier to change the driver.
MSC, as well as being extremely talented, he was also lucky to have Todt. Alonso, Prost, and Vettel didn't have their "Todt" to protect them from Ferrari's mafia heirarchy.
Vettel is independent not like Leclerc. The relationship was doomed from the beginning and Leclerc and Vettel's performance only brought that dysfunctional relationship to the surface.
You mentioned he's not going off so he's not pushing? Last year he spun a million times because he was pushing and that made him a material of memes and jokes. But that's ok. Champions will always be criticized no matter what they do 😜

Last edited by msk340i; 08-08-2020 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 3
yco2522.00

      08-08-2020, 11:00 AM   #466
yco
i'm just saying
yco's Avatar
2522
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Let me just be clear from the beginning: Leclerc is very talented and there's nothing against his abilities.
Ferrari is unique in how they treat drivers and they are unique in their shady ways that is historically proven. You can go back to their treatment of Prost who joined them as a world champion and then they fired him. Even MSC was mistreated in his last season. The radio messages between Binotto and Vettel after last week's race clearly shows a fallout in the relationship between the team and Vettel.
Going back to Prost. The 1991 is very similar to this year's and last year's seasons. They were ambitious and thought they are going to win the championship by making little changes only but as soon as the station started they were hit with a big surprise. Ferrari accused Prost of trying to change Ferrari into McLaren and that same exact same was said by Elkann when he said Vettel wants Ferrari to make him a car that's aerodynamically similar to what he's used to (meaning Red Bull). Elkann said it in a way that sounded like the team will be there to help him with a car he's comfortable in but if the boss thinks the driver wants to change the team then it's easier to change the driver.
MSC, as well as being extremely talented, he was also lucky to have Todt. Alonso, Prost, and Vettel didn't have their "Todt" to protect them from Ferrari's mafia heirarchy.
Vettel is independent not like Leclerc. The relationship was doomed from the beginning and Leclerc and Vettel's performance only brought that dysfunctional relationship to the surface.
You mentioned he's not going off so he's not pushing? Last year he spun a million times because he was pushing and that made him a material of memes and jokes. But that's ok. Champions will always be criticized no matter what they do ��
no he is pushing.. thats why he is going off the track otherwise he wouldnt.. his spins are not though they re funny actually..

for Prost - Ferrari part.. i agree Schumi was in a better team.. but Prost somehow made his way by having a tension with Nigel pretty early and i believe the worst he did was criticizing Ferrari publicly.. it was an unrespectful thing and it was wrong really.. and historically again Ferrari was having problems with developing the car.. i totally agree with internal politics in Ferrari and it sucks.. and Italian media can be really harsh on Ferrari or drivers.. but Prost was somehow insulting the team by calling the car truck, there is no leader in the team, too much politics etc.. they can all be true but you dont tell such things to a team that you re in.. never been fan of Prost just because of the politics he played to Senna.. still i dont want to even see Prost on TV in Renault garage.. even if i be objective to Prost his actions were really wrong.. similar to what Alonso did.. and we know the story.. after he left McLaren got faster cause the system went back to normal..

but for Vettel.. except some tension with Leclerc things were ok.. i believe Vettel disappointed himself and Ferrari after that German GP and it keeps going downhill.. and more he pushes more he f'ed up.. but recent state at least half a second slower its ridiculous.. i highly believe almost entirely its psychological problems he is having in Ferrari recently..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 12:10 PM   #467
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
23031
Rep
13,334
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
what do you guys think about Vettel whats his problem? lack of motivation? somehow cant drive anymore? he doesnt want to? his engineering team started to ignore? even if he seems pushing can be seen he is going off the track etc.. im not sure Leclerc has some hope in the car as well but he somehow doing his best with it.. and the gap between Leclerc and Vettel is not small at all..

i really dont believe Ferrari is making Vettel's car slower it doesnt make sense at all why Ferrari would be ok for having less cons. points anyway..
What I think about SEB's problem ?

For the rest of the season ,SEB will be screwed by Binotto's prancing horse .
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 01:18 PM   #468
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
6263
Rep
4,864
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
For sure it was the German gp that broke the camels back when slippery surface caught VET out and he needed reassurance which wasn't forthcoming,traditional SF treatment when you fall out of favour going back to the fifties even. Then the little squabbles and Lec winning Monza with the weight becoming too much.
If Piquet snr was there then a barrage of swearing and shouting would embarrass the Scud!
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 01:40 PM   #469
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
6263
Rep
4,864
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Just watched the quali and the second gap still remains to the third driver, no wonder Wolff is complaining about the new Concorde agreement with the cut in funding that Merc will have to take.So far the only one who doesn't want to sign
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 02:16 PM   #470
yco
i'm just saying
yco's Avatar
2522
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

ok.. why most of the teams are slower than last year? there is not change in reg except the secondary sensor for restricting the fuel flow.. so most of the engine were cheating last year?
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 02:35 PM   #471
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
23031
Rep
13,334
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
ok.. why most of the teams are slower than last year? there is not change in reg except the secondary sensor for restricting the fuel flow.. so most of the engine were cheating last year?
Lack of strawberry juice...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 04:10 PM   #472
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
6263
Rep
4,864
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Lack of strawberry juice...
Yeah had strawberries and black currants for brekkie today with yoghurt,I'd say smell was glow plug fuel with a hint of strawb juice
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 04:19 PM   #473
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
6263
Rep
4,864
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
ok.. why most of the teams are slower than last year? there is not change in reg except the secondary sensor for restricting the fuel flow.. so most of the engine were cheating last year?
How come Merc are jet-mode Vader rockets my friend and I believe they can do 1.5 sec gap in quali if they want in spite of the 'slowness'..no one knows?
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 04:26 PM   #474
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
23031
Rep
13,334
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Yeah had strawberries and black currants for brekkie today with yoghurt,I'd say smell was glow plug fuel with a hint of strawb juice
Sounds good my friend !
Worked yesterday till past midnight .So ,I woke up pretty late today . For me it was French bread with strawberry jam and Passendale cheese ...
Dessert was : Strawberrry yogurt

As for MAX :
Tomorrow he will start with hard tires , as we know this can be tricky in the start .
But after 5-6 laps he will get the advantage of the hard tires by staying longer out of the pits ..
I already see the Mercs chewing through their tires ...Again by the even hotter temps.
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 04:32 PM   #475
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
23031
Rep
13,334
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
How come Merc are jet-mode Vader rockets my friend and I believe they can do 1.5 sec gap in quali if they want in spite of the 'slowness'..no one knows?
"Star Wars Dark Star Technology"

May The Force Be With "33"
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 04:33 PM   #476
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
6263
Rep
4,864
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Sounds good my friend !
Worked yesterday till past midnight .So ,I woke up pretty late today . For me it was French bread with strawberry jam and Passendale cheese ...
Dessert was : Strawberrry yogurt

As for MAX :
Tomorrow he will start with hard tires , as we know this can be tricky in the start .
But after 5-6 laps he will get the advantage of the hard tires by staying longer out of the pits ..
I already see the Mercs chewing through their tires ...Again by the even hotter temps.
Agree an intelligent start tyre for Max for the expected heat tomorrow.Says 33-34C tomorrow on my phone.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 04:37 PM   #477
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
23031
Rep
13,334
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Agree an intelligent start tyre for Max for the expected heat tomorrow.Says 33-34C tomorrow on my phone.
33-34C is sufficient ! To melt through the tires of the Dark Side
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 04:39 PM   #478
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
6263
Rep
4,864
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
"Star Wars Dark Star Technology"

May The Force Be With "33"
There'll be dark visors on the Vaders tomorrow so where will their eyes be when the lights go out at the start..dirty tricks a plenty on the evil Dark Star team
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 04:40 PM   #479
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
23031
Rep
13,334
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
There'll be dark visors on the Vaders tomorrow so where will their eyes be when the lights go out at the start..dirty tricks a plenty on the evil Dark Star team
"HUD"
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 04:47 PM   #480
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
6263
Rep
4,864
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
"HUD"
Heads Up for that my friend
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 04:58 PM   #481
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
6263
Rep
4,864
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Sounds good my friend !
Worked yesterday till past midnight .So ,I woke up pretty late today . For me it was French bread with strawberry jam and Passendale cheese ...
Dessert was : Strawberrry yogurt

As for MAX :
Tomorrow he will start with hard tires , as we know this can be tricky in the start .
But after 5-6 laps he will get the advantage of the hard tires by staying longer out of the pits ..
I already see the Mercs chewing through their tires ...Again by the even hotter temps.
Max is the only one to start on the hard tyre as he chose it for Q2 while the others went for mediums, so that's what he'll use at the start and he was comfortable with it.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 05:01 PM   #482
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
23031
Rep
13,334
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Heads Up for that my friend
I really miss the spectators.Looks like lost in time...
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 05:03 PM   #483
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
23031
Rep
13,334
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Max is the only one to start on the hard tyre as he chose it for Q2 while the others went for mediums, so that's what he'll use at the start and he was comfortable with it.
Exactly my friend
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 05:11 PM   #484
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
6263
Rep
4,864
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I really miss the spectators.Looks like lost in time...
Some serious dirt kicking there but yes I miss them too.
I normally go to the first BTCC at Brands here tomorrow (and keep an eye on the GP if it clashes) but no spectators allowed! So, barbecue,pool and GP race as per normal
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST