BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum It's Arrived :)

09-21-2020, 11:56 PM   #1
jagi00
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i, X5 3.0 M Sport,X5 45e

It's Arrived :)

I just took delivery of my frozen arctic grey M40i yesterday. What a brilliant engine even at running in revs. Windows and rag top locked closed for seven days until the window film cures but no dramas as its still the rainy season here. A little disappointed that there is no blind spot monitoring fitted - BMW Thailand only offer the M40i package with what I thought were all the options, Active cruise control with stop/go, M sport diff, adaptive sport suspension etc Apple Car Play not working so back to the dealer this afternoon but, overall, very happy so far.
Appreciate 2
CJ4211518.50
      09-22-2020, 01:13 AM   #2
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Congrats! ACC is great! Very FUN car!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 05:02 AM   #3
jagi00
Private
Rep

Thanks, Car Play now activated but sadly no blind spot monitoring. It would have been useful here in Thailand with all the motor scooters over and undertaking.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 09:07 AM   #4
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagi00 View Post
Thanks, Car Play now activated but sadly no blind spot monitoring. It would have been useful here in Thailand with all the motor scooters over and undertaking.
I understand your disappointment! Is it a regulatory thing? Any chance they just need to be turned on?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 11:23 AM   #5
Baldilocks73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mk7 Stage 3+ Golf R

Quote:
Maybe because they would stay on all the time and then be a distraction?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 10:34 PM   #6
jagi00
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
I understand your disappointment! Is it a regulatory thing? Any chance they just need to be turned on?
no, its not due to local regulations, my wife's Toyota C-HR has it. No logical reason other than a small cost saving for BMW Thailand. But the car has all the other options except lane departure warning. However, automatic park assist is included - not sure why anyone who buys a performance car needs auto parking!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 11:01 PM   #7
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
no, its not due to local regulations, my wife's Toyota C-HR has it. No logical reason other than a small cost saving for BMW Thailand. But the car has all the other options except lane departure warning. However, automatic park assist is included - not sure why anyone who buys a performance car needs auto parking!
Sounds like no 5AS (Driving Assistant)?
You probably have 5DM which I understand to also include active PDC, rear view camera with parking guidelines, reversing assistant and side sensors.
I haven't tried the parking yet but very happy with the rest.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 01:40 AM   #8
jagi00
Private
Rep

Quote:
You probably have 5DM which I understand to also include active PDC, rear view camera with parking guidelines, reversing assistant and side sensors.
Here is the BMW Thailand spec sheet fyi.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 06:48 AM   #9
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Here is the BMW Thailand spec sheet fyi.
You should be able to get a more complete equipment list with factory codes specific to your car from your dealer or one of the online VIN decoders. There's a detailed report in the factory system AIR with a vehicle pic.

Blind spot is optional here and some inventory cars are without. ACC, also optional, is almost impossible to find on an inventory car.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 08:55 AM   #10
Amadeo
Skipper
Spain
Rep
Drives: Bmw g29 z4 sdrive 30i

Garage List
It also depends on the country.
Active Driving Assistant and Ext.Traffic Jam Assistant are not available in Europe due to traffic regulations.
Attached Images

09-23-2020, 11:57 AM   #11
Amadeo
Skipper
Spain
Rep
Drives: Bmw g29 z4 sdrive 30i

Garage List
When I ordered mi z4 last winter, these two options plus remote start where not available,and I was told at the dealer that they where not legal in the European market. I was very disappointed since I knew bmw offered them for some of their vehicles in other parts of the world.I ended up with all other options available but had to stay with active cruise control and no remote start.
      06-28-2021, 08:20 AM   #12
Yamatokh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW Z4 M40i

Hi, from another Z4 owner in Thailand

Quote:
I just took delivery of my frozen arctic grey M40i yesterday. What a brilliant engine even at running in revs. Windows and rag top locked closed for seven days until the window film cures but no dramas as its still the rainy season here. A little disappointed that there is no blind spot monitoring fitted - BMW Thailand only offer the M40i package with what I thought were all the options, Active cruise control with stop/go, M sport diff, adaptive sport suspension etc Apple Car Play not working so back to the dealer this afternoon but, overall, very happy so far.
Hi jagi00

How are you doing?

I will take delivery of my 2021 Z4 M40i tomorrow, same spec and color as yours!

I live in Samutpakarn near Bangkok. Will be moving to Bang Saen soon.

Glad to see another Z4 owner here in Thailand!

I am too very disappointed to not have the blind spot warning option in the car.... that is non-sense! And who would use the auto parking assist anyways.... what a waste of money to have those...

Anyways, nice to meet you and hope we can have a chance to meet up someday.

Cheers!

Kevin
Appreciate 2
Horseman4113.50
jagi0046.00
      06-28-2021, 08:33 AM   #13
Horseman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamatokh View Post
Hi jagi00

How are you doing?

I am too very disappointed to not have the blind spot warning option in the car.... that is non-sense! And who would use the auto parking assist anyways.... what a waste of money to have those...

Cheers!

Kevin
Congratulations!!! Very exciting that you're claiming delivery tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 09:01 AM   #14
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Agree with BMWGirlFL, Get the order codes and it will help ya out. ZDA is the Driving Assistance Package with ZN1 & ZN4 included in it (blind spot and Lane departure). These seem to be the same all over the world.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 09:12 AM   #15
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
Agree with BMWGirlFL, Get the order codes and it will help ya out. ZDA is the Driving Assistance Package with ZN1 & ZN4 included in it (blind spot and Lane departure). These seem to be the same all over the world.
Surprised that, by now, it isn't something that is just standard for the sake of safety. I see that US has it as part of the Premium package even on the 30i.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 09:26 AM   #16
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Surprised that, by now, it isn't something that is just standard for the sake of safety. I see that US has it as part of the Premium package even on the 30i.
Different countries, different rules; but the nickel and diming is consistent.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 09:39 AM   #17
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Different countries, different rules; but the nickel and diming is consistent.
Indeed... like them color differences. Oh that frozen orange color would be so daggum legendary!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 09:58 AM   #18
Yamatokh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
The excuse that the sales person gives was that there are too many scooters in Thailand and the blind Spot Warning will not work properly.

At the same time you can see all the 320i and 520i on their dealer lot all equipped with one....

So the real reason, as Jagi00 mentioned, is some stupid cost saving by BMW Thailand. They picked the pretty useless option such as Auto Parking Assist over the very useful Blind Spot Warning.

IMO, when the convertible top is closed with limited visibility over the shoulder, a blind spot warning will be extremely helpful. Hack, even the Mazda MX5 that cost half as much, has the blind spot warning.

What's the problem with BMW Thailand???

Kevin
Appreciate 2
Horseman4113.50
jagi0046.00
      06-28-2021, 10:21 AM   #19
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The excuse that the sales person gives was that there are too many scooters in Thailand and the blind Spot Warning will not work properly.

At the same time you can see all the 320i and 520i on their dealer lot all equipped with one....

So the real reason, as Jagi00 mentioned, is some stupid cost saving by BMW Thailand. They picked the pretty useless option such as Auto Parking Assist over the very useful Blind Spot Warning.

IMO, when the convertible top is closed with limited visibility over the shoulder, a blind spot warning will be extremely helpful. Hack, even the Mazda MX5 that cost half as much, has the blind spot warning.

What's the problem with BMW Thailand???

Kevin
I hear ya. I'm here in San Antonio, TX and that blind spot warning is very helpful. Had it in two of my previous vehicles. When I saw this thread, I actually went back to my build and was thinking... OMG DO I HAVE IT?!?!?! Thankfully, yes. I can understand the 'scooter' issue, but at the same time, that sounds like a lame cop out. :P
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 11:05 AM   #20
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
I hear ya. I'm here in San Antonio, TX and that blind spot warning is very helpful. Had it in two of my previous vehicles. When I saw this thread, I actually went back to my build and was thinking... OMG DO I HAVE IT?!?!?! Thankfully, yes. I can understand the 'scooter' issue, but at the same time, that sounds like a lame cop out. :P
The scooter issue is BS. As a motorcyclist, I love the blind spot monitoring! I see it pick me up all the time. Definitely something all cars should have.
Appreciate 1
Horseman4113.50
      06-28-2021, 12:20 PM   #21
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The scooter issue is BS. As a motorcyclist, I love the blind spot monitoring! I see it pick me up all the time. Definitely something all cars should have.
Having had experience in countries like South Korea and Indonesia, it's all but useless though as they tend to swarm around you. Here in the states it's a godsend, but there is an understanding in those countries that there's always a scooter or motorcycle around you.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 02:47 AM   #22
jagi00
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hi jagi00

How are you doing?

Cheers!

Kevin
Hi Kevin, enjoy the M40i, I have done around 6500km since I got it in September. Maybe we will meet up on the road once the restrictions ease up. I will check with the local BMW dealer to see if blind spot monitoring could be added at a reasonable cost but I doubt it!
Appreciate 0