BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Strange issue with Spotify

01-04-2020, 05:52 AM   #1
kv1980
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Z4 G29

Strange issue with Spotify

Hi,I have a strange thing with Apple Carplay and Spotify. Sometimes in the main screen you see the Spotify-icon appear and you can choose the songs in the Media menu of Idrive. When this is the case there is no 'delay' when you chose another song and volume is louder than in the other case.
In the other case you see the Carplay-icon instead of Spotify-icon,you can chose the songs only in the Carplay menu and volume is a little bit less and there is delay when you switch songs...
In both cases my Iphone is connected with Apple Carplay.
I would love to find a way to always have the first situation (with the Spotify-icon in top of main screen of Idrive) because this is the best and more stable situation. I tried everything but I can get it consistent...
Somebody who can give me some advice...
PS problem isn't solved when I connect my phone without Carplay...
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 09:05 AM   #2
kv1980
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Z4 G29

Just found out that when you want to use the Spotify app from Idrive you have to connect your phone with Idrive (so not with Carplay). Then you can choose your mobile device in Media menu (not the bluetooth option!) and start Spotify on your phone. In the app on your phone you find your car in the list 'devices'. You select your car and the Spotify icon will appear in upper Idrive screen. When it shows a bluetooth connection icon instead of the Spotify Icon you're connected through Bluetooth (this is not good).
When Idrive shows the Spotify icon you're connected with the app from Idrive and I find this the best and most stable way to listen to Spotify.
Will try to find a way to connect Iphone with Carplay and listen to Spotify through the Idevice App...this would be the best of both worlds!
Spotify through Carplay too unstable and a lot of delay between switching songs!
Appreciate 1
CeEl479.00
      01-04-2020, 11:41 AM   #3
MonsterMontoya
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 s30i

Thanks for the investigation and info, appreciated.
Appreciate 1
kv198036.00