BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) 2021 F1 onwards

12-19-2019, 04:43 AM   #23
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Alfa in big troubles !

Alfa failed in Milan for the FIA 2020 mandatory crash tests.
The new Alfa chassis (C39) was/is completely destroyed...
It appears the main F1 news outlets have been slacking on this important news, must be well into their Christmas parties and sore heads a plenty
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2019, 12:47 PM   #24
M5Rick
General
Rep

There is a rumour bouncing about that Vettel has a connection with McLaren after 2020.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2019, 12:56 PM   #25
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
There is a rumour bouncing about that Vettel has a connection with McLaren after 2020.
Alonso V2?

I think I'd rather have Norris and Sainz at this point. Two young drivers on the way up instead of Vettel on the way down.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 01:02 PM   #26
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
Lot's of stuff happening after 2020.

A few top drivers will be out of contract, potentially looking for an extension or another team.

New rules will come into play.

Anyone thinking they will be able to jump into a top seat for 2021 may be in for a surprise as they may be dominant in 2020 and the new aero packages and low profile tires could change that entirely.

Now, I'm not saying that Mercedes and Williams will swap positions, but more than one manufacturer has had issues with tire changes over the winter months.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 01:09 PM   #27
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
In '20 SEB has the first 5 races to improve himself .Otherwise...
1- He's out
2- No '21 contract

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      12-19-2019, 01:36 PM   #28
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
Alonso V2?

I think I'd rather have Norris and Sainz at this point. Two young drivers on the way up instead of Vettel on the way down.
Three kids on his mind now with the latest delivery, we'll see if he settles down.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2019, 01:39 PM   #29
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
1- He's out
2- No '21 contract

If they wait until the Netherlands race to make a decision, I suspect a few options will already be gone.

Were it my decision, he'd already be gone. When you are given an order, you do it. This shit he hands out when he doesn't want to do something wouldn't fly. We're trying for a constructors championship, not a drivers championship. Once that's (constructors) secure then we'll secure the drivers championship.

If Vettel can't deal with that, I'm sure Williams or Haas could use him. Not sure they could afford him....

Vettel surprised almost everyone when he left RB to go to Ferrari. There aren't that many places for him to land this time.

As I see it, Hamilton has a seat. He'll stay at Mercedes, or someone will take him.

Same with Max and RBR.

I'd like to think Leclerc is secure at Ferrari.

Not sure about Norris. Were I him I'd be interested in one of the top three teams/seats. He'd be a great teammate for any of three above.

Ocon is the wild card. I can't stand him and hope he never drives another F1 car. But I suspect he's good enough for someone to pick him up.

Back to Vettel..... I know it will never happen, but I'd love to see Ferrari replace him with Alonso. I'd love to see what development he could do with the current car. And it would be interesting to see what he could teach Leclerc.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #30
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
1- He's out
2- No '21 contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
If they wait until the Netherlands race to make a decision, I suspect a few options will already be gone.

Were it my decision, he'd already be gone. When you are given an order, you do it. This shit he hands out when he doesn't want to do something wouldn't fly. We're trying for a constructors championship, not a drivers championship. Once that's (constructors) secure then we'll secure the drivers championship.

If Vettel can't deal with that, I'm sure Williams or Haas could use him. Not sure they could afford him....

Vettel surprised almost everyone when he left RB to go to Ferrari. There aren't that many places for him to land this time.

As I see it, Hamilton has a seat. He'll stay at Mercedes, or someone will take him.

Same with Max and RBR.

I'd like to think Leclerc is secure at Ferrari.

Not sure about Norris. Were I him I'd be interested in one of the top three teams/seats. He'd be a great teammate for any of three above.

Ocon is the wild card. I can't stand him and hope he never drives another F1 car. But I suspect he's good enough for someone to pick him up.

Back to Vettel..... I know it will never happen, but I'd love to see Ferrari replace him with Alonso. I'd love to see what development he could do with the current car. And it would be interesting to see what he could teach Leclerc.
I saw it about SEB in an article today . He has in '20 only 5 races from Ferrari to improve himself...
From what we saw from him in the '19 season it's pretty much a normal decision by Ferrari .
Of course the dog fight with Charles is also involved in the situation ..
Actually it makes me really sad . Because I really like SEB !

As for MAX , everything will depend from the Honda power source in '20 ...
But I heard only good things from the '20 RB-16 chassis .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 12-19-2019 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      12-19-2019, 02:50 PM   #31
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
I like Ocon he is a good driver...and watching Verstappen crash into him in Brazil was one fav moments of last year...I so laughed.

Quote:
No front running team in F1 is likely to want Alonso...his endless complaining at the Honda engine has seen him finished at F1.
Honda won't let him use one of their engines in any formula...thats how much he pissed them off (and McLaren who I also believe can't use Honda engines).
A cautionary tale for Verstappen...top teams aren't impressed by drivers who moan about engine suppliers.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 03:07 PM   #32
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
No front running team in F1 is likely to want Alonso...his endless complaining at the Honda engine has seen him finished at F1.
Honda won't let him use one of their engines in any formula...thats how much he pissed off them and McLaren.

He will never be accused of being a savvy politician.

I only think of what could have been had he had a little bit of luck with his moves.... and been able to keep his mouth shut.

I do believe McLaren owes him a bit of gratitude.... I suspect they would not be positioned where they are today had he not taken a flier and went to work for them (again). Could he have handled the whole Honda thing a little better.... or course.

As it sits, I suspect he will go down as the greatest unfulfilled potential in F1 history. As I said in a prior post, I believe he still has something to offer.

He has alluded to wanting to return to F1, if only a team wanted him. It would be fun to watch him in a top team instead of trying to drag an underperforming team up to the top.

At least that's my 2 cents.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2019, 03:22 PM   #33
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
I like Ocon he is a good driver...and watching Verstappen crash into him in Brazil was one fav moments of last year...I so laughed.

Mate , the '20 season will make you cry

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      12-20-2019, 03:01 AM   #34
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
He will never be accused of being a savvy politician.

I only think of what could have been had he had a little bit of luck with his moves.... and been able to keep his mouth shut.

I do believe McLaren owes him a bit of gratitude.... I suspect they would not be positioned where they are today had he not taken a flier and went to work for them (again). Could he have handled the whole Honda thing a little better.... or course.

As it sits, I suspect he will go down as the greatest unfulfilled potential in F1 history. As I said in a prior post, I believe he still has something to offer.

He has alluded to wanting to return to F1, if only a team wanted him. It would be fun to watch him in a top team instead of trying to drag an underperforming team up to the top.

At least that's my 2 cents.
Alonso should have had more than two world championships all being fair in F1 which it is not and knocking on 39 now the American scene suits him better together with the upcoming Paris-Dakar entry. I think that any offer to him from F1 now is unlikely.
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2019, 04:24 AM   #35
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:

I do believe McLaren owes him a bit of gratitude....
Somehow I doubt that...given Ferrarigate.
I was a big Alonso fan right up to the minute he tried to blackmail Ron Dennis into making himself the#1 driver and Hamilton the #2.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      12-20-2019, 11:53 AM   #36
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
Alonso V2?

Exactly, and those two seems to get along rather well.

I can't imagine any of the top teams wanting Vettel to drive for them.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 01:01 PM   #37
Infamus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Ham is not going anywhere... when he is done it will be like Nico in a Merc.

Seb has issues and will not have a seat after 20 if he cant get his act together, but one thing is certain as others have said Alpha is not in his future.

I think Ferrari is the Ducati of the Car Grand Prix world world, it kills careers... with MS being the exception in modern times...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #38
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamus View Post
Ham is not going anywhere... when he is done it will be like Nico in a Merc.

Seb has issues and will not have a seat after 20 if he cant get his act together, but one thing is certain as others have said Alpha is not in his future.

I think Ferrari is the Ducati of the Car Grand Prix world world, it kills careers... with MS being the exception in modern times...
Difference there is Schumi was the BOSS at Ferrari 100% and for sure Ham is staying put in Merc.
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #39
M5Rick
General
Rep

Wolff saying that he will help Lewis if he wants to go to Ferrari is a charade. He knows his move to take over from Todt will be blocked by veto so it's just mind games. He'll still be manager at Merc and really wants Ham to stay tooth and nail.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2019, 09:29 AM   #40
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Wolff saying that he will help Lewis if he wants to go to Ferrari is a charade. He knows his move to take over from Todt will be blocked by veto so it's just mind games. He'll still be manager at Merc and really wants Ham to stay tooth and nail.
Meanwhile the under construction 2020 F1-circuit in Zandvoort
It looks promising and not cheap...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      12-28-2019, 01:13 PM   #41
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Meanwhile the under construction 2020 F1-circuit in Zandvoort
It looks promising and not cheap...

Thanks for showing, it looks to be coming on well and of course the banking angle is holding the interest of everyone.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2019, 01:37 PM   #42
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for showing, it looks to be coming on well and of course the banking angle is holding the interest of everyone.
Yeah.For the moment they are working in Zandvoort on 2 "bowl curves" !
The last long turn has a "32% slope" (incline) percentage ...
We will get "Roller Coaster" action...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      12-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #43
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah.For the moment they are working in Zandvoort on 2 "bowl curves" !
The last long turn has a "32% slope" (incline) percentage ...
We will get "Roller Coaster" action...
The 32 percent slope of the Arie Luyendyk last corner will be about double of the one at Indianapolis and I believe the third corner will have some 18 degrees.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2019, 04:18 PM   #44
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
*Max has already let on the tyre pressures will need to be increased because of this.
MAX is doing well...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50