BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge OFFICIAL((((LAKERS VS CELTICS)))) discussion thread

06-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #133
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36 440i Gran Coupe

Curt Schilling's take on Kobe's performance in Gm2

He claims that he doesn't have an opinion of Kobe, though, he definitely sounds like he does.
"
5) Kobe. This one stunned me a little bit. Who doesn’t know Kobe Bryant right? I only know what I have heard, starting awhile back with the entire Shaq debacle. I don’t really have an opinion one way or the other on or about him other than to know that people feel he might be one of the 4-5 greatest players to ever lace it up. What I do know is what I got to see up close and hear, was unexpected. From the first tip until about 4 minutes left in the game I saw and heard this guy bitch at his teammates. Every TO he came to the bench pissed, and a few of them he went to other guys and yelled about something they weren’t doing, or something they did wrong. No dialog about “hey let’s go, let’s get after it” or whatever. He spent the better part of 3.5 quarters pissed off and ranting at the non-execution or lack of, of his team. Then when they made what almost was a historic run in the 4th, during a TO, he got down on the floor and basically said ‘Let’s f’ing go, right now, right here” or something to that affect. I am not making this observation in a good or bad way, I have no idea how the guys in the NBA play or do things like this, but I thought it was a fascinating bit of insight for me to watch someone in another sport who is in the position of a team leader and how he interacted with his team and teammates. Watching the other 11 guys, every time out it was high fives and “Hey nice work, let’s get after it” or something to that affect. He walked off the floor, obligatory skin contact on the high five, and sat on the bench stone faced or pissed off, the whole game. Just weird to see another sport and how it all works. I would assume that’s his style and how he plays and what works for him because when I saw the leader board for scoring in the post season his name sat up top at 31+ a game, can’t argue with that. But as a fan I was watching the whole thing, Kobe, his teammates and then the after effects of conversations. He’d yell at someone, make a point, or send a message, turn and walk away, and more than once the person on the other end would roll eyes or give a ‘whatever dude’ look.

Let me reiterate that this is from a complete basketball newbie, so for all I know this could be exactly how these guys play this game and interact with each other.

The contrast though, for me anyway, was watching KG and Allen, Pierce, as the game went on. I was literally ON the Laker bench so I could only watch the celts on the floor, and it was just different. it was all about who has whom, who goes where, what’s up next. That could have been a direct result of the officiating and flow of the game though, more than anything.

It was just amazing to watch a game where the Lakers came out, completely set the tempo in the first few minutes and TOTALLY dominated the final four minutes, and in between the Celtics completely dominated them.

Anyway, what a rush and a total enjoyment to be a part of. Celtic fans were damn impressive. Oh and one more thing. I think it’s fantastic that there seems to be this mutual support thing going on here in NE. You fans are being treated to your third World Championship appearance since last October and that’s awesome. But at each one there seems to be a crossover, Celts and Sox at the Super Bowl, Pats, Bruins and Celts at the World Series, and last night Sox and Pats all over the place. Cool stuff.

"
      06-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #134
Mondolemite
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 50i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW Z4 M40  [10.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40  [0.00]
Curt Schilling is a tool.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #135
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

Get out the brooms. The gaykers are done.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #136
tryangles
LA Native
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 sdrive35i

Sure! - Refs can't be blamed for the outcome of basketball games:

Report: Donaghy says refs fixed playoff series
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8231176?MSNHPHMA
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #137
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryangles View Post

Wow you guys love kinding any little thing to explain why you've lost the first two games other than the obvious. That the Celtics are kicking the Lakers asses.

If you truly believe a referee thats going to be going to jail for fixing games, you're sad. Come on. Use some kind of common sense here. Refs would be beyong stupid to try that crap with everyone watching. Look at the shot selections of both teams and then talk to me about the refs fixing games.
      06-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #138
ironjw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
Get out the brooms. The gaykers are done.
atleast we ain't got no injury fakers or cry babies on our team
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 06:17 PM   #139
SteveMondragon
Seaman
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 | I01 | G30

woohoo! got a pair of tickets to tonight's game from one of our firm's main clients

See you there from Section 112, Row F. You don't want to know the crap I had to go through with the other attorneys to get these tickets
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #140
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
Well, Magic's pretty pissed...

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...up/?cl=8261355

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #141
tryangles
LA Native
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Wow you guys love kinding any little thing to explain why you've lost the first two games other than the obvious. That the Celtics are kicking the Lakers asses.

If you truly believe a referee thats going to be going to jail for fixing games, you're sad. Come on. Use some kind of common sense here. Refs would be beyong stupid to try that crap with everyone watching. Look at the shot selections of both teams and then talk to me about the refs fixing games.
Wow a ref in the business comes out under sworn testimony to report the obvious and you are going to say this is an excuse? Sounds like you are the one making excuses man.

I'm just pointing out what most of us non Boston fans already knew. The timing of this article comes at an interesting time.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #142
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wow a ref in the business comes out under sworn testimony to report the obvious and you are going to say this is an excuse? Sounds like you are the one making excuses man.

I'm just pointing out what most of us non Boston fans already knew. The timing of this article comes at an interesting time.
That EX ref created what many sportswriters called the worst moment in NBA history when he pleaded guilty to betting on games. Thats who you choose to believe. Not someone legit, but a liar and thief.

Why do I have to make excuses? One I'm not a Boston fan, just an underdog fan and two, the Celtics are up 2-0. The only ones making up excuses are Laker fans.
      06-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #143
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironjw View Post
atleast we ain't got no injury fakers or cry babies on our team
Remember to tell yourself that over the summer as consolation for losing the NBA finals.
      06-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #144
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnet112 View Post
At least HE knows whats going on. Every freakin Laker fan here should watch this video.

Someone with common sense...Hey Tryangles, I guess Magic is wrong too.
      06-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #145
tryangles
LA Native
Rep

What this ref has said validates the same things Van Gundy, Cuban, and Shaq have been callled out and fined for in the past by Stern. It's a shame that the Lakers won't get their ref 'make-up call' game now that this article is out. And Army, the damage is already done however, I have no worries that this series will go back to Boston.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #146
jumpingjz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe

the lakers were out played the first couple of games, boston's defense is tough; although the discrepancy on the free throw line is huge, part of it is the ref letting some plays go and part of it is the lakers no being aggressive enough, i hope the lakers will step up and go to the paint more, dont settle with jump shot and put the pressure on the ref to make the call.

we are also missing someone like the rick fox, the enforcer on the team that will knock people on their asses to send a message, hopefully ronny will step up and play that role...

as a laker fan, i am proud of this team from being picked not even making to the playoffs to number 1 seed in the west, that's quite an accomplishment. with the return of andrew bynum next year, this team will be even more fun to watch.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #147
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What this ref has said validates the same things Van Gundy, Cuban, and Shaq have been callled out and fined for in the past by Stern. It's a shame that the Lakers won't get their ref 'make-up call' game now that this article is out. And Army, the damage is already done however, I have no worries that this series will go back to Boston.
Never said it wouldn't. I called the Celtics in 7. Boston only has to win 1 of the 3 games in L.A. and considering how bad they stomped the Lakers in L.A. earlier this year, I see them winning atleast one and wrapping it up at home.

As for the ref thing, believe what you'd like. Boston is living in the paint while L.A. is afraid to get physical and make some easy shots and get fouled.

Gasol was a beast in the first half of Game 2 and then reverted back to the typical soft european. Hope he gets his acts straight.
      06-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #148
InS0mNiAc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335I Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjz View Post
we are also missing someone like the rick fox, the enforcer on the team that will knock people on their asses to send a message, hopefully ronny will step up and play that role...
Rony was supposed to fill that role but like you said...he hasn't done it yet. Hopefully he'll turn up his aggressive play because it's seriously being missed.
      06-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #149
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

I wanna see what these Celtics fans are going to say after tonight's game

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #150
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
bro im not too confident about lakers. there better be enough fans at staples
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #151
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Lakers have been stinking it plain and simple. Theyre playing so soft and disappointing me.

The whole foul issue; Ive seen some bad calls but the Lakers cant blame the refs for everything. They should have put themselves in the situation to lose by some lousy calls.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #152
myfirst3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:

is this link supposed to support the lakers...it basically says that the nba was trying to help the lakers go to the finals. sure it does bring up the chance that refs can be fixing the games, but if you believe that, you have to believe that the refs also helped the lakers win the title in 02. so what is it? do you believe the refs fixing the games and that the lakers 02 championship given to them?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #153
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Lakers won but still played pretty soft. I would think they would be a little more aggressive like they were in the San Antonio series. At least they are back in the series. Hope they snap out of it soon!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #154
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
Hard-fought win for the Lakers. It's going to be a rough few games ahead.

Here's to hoping the Eastern Conference gets a championship

Yeah, I know, it's not looked too favorably upon on this forum when half of you are from CA haha

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0