BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Range Rover Shipped Overseas-Payload qustion*

06-12-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
tom_48
BMW Novice
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Garage List
2007 M Coupe'  [0.00]
Question Range Rover Shipped Overseas-Payload qustion*

Hi all,

As another car-related issue arises, I turn to this forum and its all its contributors for help and advice. Please share any experience or thoughts you have on the following. Here it goes

Very soon I will be shipping out my '07 Range Rover L322 overseas. I have consequently have a lot of things I will have to take with me and most of it will be packed in 6 luggage and placed in the cargo area. I am approximating the weight of all my stuff to be around (and don't laugh) 500-600lbs. Factory specifications indicate, the "Rooney" is good for approximately 1100lbs...

///AND HERE IS THE QUESTION What should I look out for when packing this much weight considering it will sit in the car for around 5-6 weeks? Will it take a toll on the AIR suspension?? Can I do anything else but increase pressure in the tire by a few psi's???

Thank you for reading and I appreciate any comments you guys have on this predicament of mine.

Best,
Tom

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Man air suspension is dodgy as is on those RRs be careful loading it up for extended periods.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
JJunkins
M3GAHTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 S4

We used to drive armored RR's in Iraq but switched to the Merc G500. The air suspension just couldn't accomodate the extra weight plus 4 dudes. They'd last anywhere from 3-6 months tops. Pack as light as you possibly can if you don't have any alternatives. Since you're just packing it and shipping, you should be able to lower your suspension to Crawl and be good to go. Can't remember if it automatically raises back up after a period of time. Otherwise, I think you'll be ok - I'm no expert.
Appreciate 0