BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Stock market tips and experiences

03-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #441
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

I have no idea what happened to my previous comment....
But all I said was the I've always profited from JSDA trades. They were actually the first stock I traded and that same day their stock value went up over 7% and I was so excited. Lol. And they get very heavy trading at around noon... I'm losing a bit of money now on it because of the sudden drops in value but it's definitley poised for gains soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #442
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

JSDA looking good today.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #443
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

AAPL. Holy cow that dropped almost 5% today. Imagine if someone had shorted it... Might long it. What do you guys think? It got downgraded by some analyst. It's at $330 now.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #444
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
But I also have tens of thousands in CSCO and I'm down almost another 2 grand just today.
Patience grasshopper. I added to my position (Like you, I have a lot, almost 3,000 shares). It's been painful, but have averaged to around 18.50. I will hold 24+ months if needed. The market really hates this stock right now, but they still are a leader and have good cash flow.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 07:56 PM   #445
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

Yea. I jumped in at $18.50. I've got 3,500 shares. Imagine it jumping to $27, its high 52 week..... That'd be nice. Could pay off a lease on a new BMW. I'm really tempted to go for some AAPL shares right now. I wonder how they'll fare tomorrow. If it's like CSCO then great, I'll wait another week but if they start going up then I won't be able to resist. Do you know anything about options contracts for AAPL? Haven't found any real time to look them up. Depending on tomorrows trading session I'd be a good time to long or short them.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #446
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Yea. I jumped in at $18.50. I've got 3,500 shares. Imagine it jumping to $27, its high 52 week..... That'd be nice. Could pay off a lease on a new BMW. I'm really tempted to go for some AAPL shares right now. I wonder how they'll fare tomorrow. If it's like CSCO then great, I'll wait another week but if they start going up then I won't be able to resist. Do you know anything about options contracts for AAPL? Haven't found any real time to look them up. Depending on tomorrows trading session I'd be a good time to long or short them.
explain this:

Quote:
Read some books. Get advice. I've been options trading since I was a teen and am now a multi-millionaire. Seriously, no matter if you triple your money by the end of the month it wouldn't matter unless you have some sort of financial education. And I've been making money shorting stocks and buying put options. I'd long CSCO right now though. It's trading at 52 week lows and the company's prospectus shows it'll go up eventually. Whatever you do, don't get too involved with penny stocks. Ive been trading and investing for years and all i can say is those tempting stocks are so risky! I bought one called CPOW and I'm losing thousands, it's value has gone down 55% since I purchased it. Haha. Oh well. Just get some financial education first and professional advice IMHO. Good luck and tell us what you'll do!
Quote:
Haha. It's $200,000, yes? I've already spent $100,000 on an X5M... I'm still a really young guy so I'm not a multi-millionaire yet and cannot afford that one yet. It's still an amazing car (the 5.2 R8)
you became a multi-millionare in 2-3 weeks?

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #447
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmthree View Post
Quote:
explain this:

Quote:
Read some books. Get advice. I've been options trading since I was a teen and am now a multi-millionaire. Seriously, no matter if you triple your money by the end of the month it wouldn't matter unless you have some sort of financial education. And I've been making money shorting stocks and buying put options. I'd long CSCO right now though. It's trading at 52 week lows and the company's prospectus shows it'll go up eventually. Whatever you do, don't get too involved with penny stocks. Ive been trading and investing for years and all i can say is those tempting stocks are so risky! I bought one called CPOW and I'm losing thousands, it's value has gone down 55% since I purchased it. Haha. Oh well. Just get some financial education first and professional advice IMHO. Good luck and tell us what you'll do!
Quote:
Haha. It's $200,000, yes? I've already spent $100,000 on an X5M... I'm still a really young guy so I'm not a multi-millionaire yet and cannot afford that one yet. It's still an amazing car (the 5.2 R8)

What about it? No, I didn't become wealthy in three weeks. Is it wrong to ask people about their thoughts on investments?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #448
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

Stock Market Predictions 3/21/11

Does anyone know how the markets will react to the Libya crisis next week? It may be a good time to short some things....
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #449
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

We'll see...I am long URA @ $13.50. The nuclear "crisis" appears it will be averted.

The Libya crisis seems to be reaching a head...uncertainty kills the market and the Japan drama is ending and recovery is starting (see media switch to Libya). I think the recent events in Libya actually lend more certainty and potential for resolution than in previous weeks.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #450
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep

i'm still confused about this, your previous response didn't really answer anything so i'll ask again:

Quote:
Quote:

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #451
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

The markets are so unpredictable that no one can come close to guessing. Too much infusion has and continues to occur to prop up the market. They can also release some fake good news, i.e. news that isn't really important but just sounds nice, to try to combat any drops. It is all bullshit now.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #452
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
The markets are so unpredictable that no one can come close to guessing. Too much infusion has and continues to occur to prop up the market. They can also release some fake good news, i.e. news that isn't really important but just sounds nice, to try to combat any drops. It is all bullshit now.
Somewhat true, but markets tell the truth over time. News drive volatility, but fundamentals drive the trends. The market is easy when you can see through the bullshit, because it snaps right back.

This is how uranium goes in the shitter and you can make 10% in one day.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 11:01 PM   #453
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

Look into emerging private communications/media providers, especially the ones that will be preparing to compete and capitalize on the weakness of state run agencies.

*to add, be very cautious of what's considered "privately run" especially in a country like Libya.

By the way OP, pay attention to bmwthree's post, because I think he's pointing out some major flaws with your credibility.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #454
jlspeed29
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SO ZCP CCB

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [8.00]

BMWTHREE or whatever is on a MISSION!!!!!

sub'd! lol
      03-19-2011, 11:22 PM   #455
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchlauCow View Post
Look into emerging private communications/media providers, especially the ones that will be preparing to compete and capitalize on the weakness of state run agencies.

*to add, be very cautious of what's considered "privately run" especially in a country like Libya.

By the way OP, pay attention to bmwthree's post, because I think he's pointing out some major flaws with your credibility.
I don't know what he's trying to get at. No, I didn't get wealthy in two weeks. And is it about me investing in a penny stock or something?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #456
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

Oh. Lol. I see. Not multi millionaire as in over two million I mean. lol:
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #457
jlspeed29
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SO ZCP CCB

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [8.00]
i thnk the markets are going to take a shit on monday..and oil jumps 3-5%

mark this post....

dow drops 268 points
      03-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #458
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspeed29 View Post
i thnk the markets are going to take a shit on monday..and oil jumps 3-5%

mark this post....

dow drops 268 points
Agh Damn. There goes another couple grand because of CSCO which will probably fall again and I've got several thousand shares of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #459
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

But I expect CSCO to double within two years. I also expect GOOG, EBay, and several other online only retailers to go up. Everything will be bought online. It's so much cheaper and there's so many electronics stores going down because of the impossibly big competition of Internet retailers.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 11:51 PM   #460
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

The person who talks the most knows the least...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 12:01 AM   #461
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well what do you know? Must be lots if you have ten words.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 12:14 AM   #462
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchlauCow View Post
Quote:

your posts don't add up OP.
Appreciate 0