BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Donald Trump For President!

08-03-2016, 04:22 PM   #3697
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I looked - it was Romney. He didn't release at first because he said it would be a distraction. And it was - there was nothing to gain, and he lost.
Ah gotcha, I thought he released them eventually but I was wrong.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 04:24 PM   #3698
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Murdoch...he's pretty good at hacking.
Saudi donations would have been better?
      08-03-2016, 04:25 PM   #3699
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Some Saudi donations would have been better?
No, those are reserved for Hillary.
      08-03-2016, 04:25 PM   #3700
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
This would be a big deal, until Trump ignores it and just says something stupid or punts a puppy into a woodchipper or something.

The US has a knack for arming tomorrow's terrorist today, we've gotten pretty good at that.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 04:26 PM   #3701
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
Again what difference would that make since we're dealing with a President now that was never even IN business and is in his second term. Is it all of a sudden supposed to really matter now?

:edit - lol
It doesn't matter, just something some people wish they could use to justify that Trump over-exaggerates how successful he is.

Personal tax returns wouldn't really tell you much about his business anyway.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 04:33 PM   #3702
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

He gets in a 100M 757 with his name on the sides.

08-03-2016, 04:52 PM   #3703
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
He gets in a 100M 757 with his name on the sides.
I think those are company planes, not his personal 757.

Not that it matters, at this point it's just a silly argument of whether he's a billionaire (like he claims to be) or a millionaire...either way he makes a shit ton of money. Like that guy off of Silicon Valley.

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #3704
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Unravelling.
http://truthfeed.com/khizr-khan-is-i...igraton/14738/
      08-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #3705
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
I looked - it was Romney. He didn't release at first because he said it would be a distraction. And it was - there was nothing to gain, and he lost.
He did release them and it's debatable if is was a bad decision. It got this issue off the table.

Quote:
Each Republican nominee in the past nine presidential elections has released his tax returns: Ronald Reagan (1980, 1984), George H. W. Bush (1988, 1992), Bob Dole (1996), George W. Bush (2000, 2004), John McCain (2008) and Mitt Romney (2012).
Last 26 years all Republicans have done it so me finding it as useful information isn't exactly new. When he is passing laws, changing the direction our country is headed, awards government contracts, or whatever I would be interested in knowing if it benefits his bank account.

I am also interested in seeing more about the taxes he pays, the charities he gives to (he said he gives millions, would be interesting to actually see).

Trump has stated he can't because he is being audited - also wrong.

If nothing to hide, why not? If something to hide I completely agree with his decision.

Last edited by David70; 08-03-2016 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 05:11 PM   #3706
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Looking at his air fleet, I ran across this and I've never seen it in the news. Hmmm.
Edit: this was in 88 and the boy died when 10.

The private Boeing 727 of real estate tycoon Donald Trump arrived from Los Angeles at LaGuardia Airport Tuesday morning, carrying aboard an Orthodox Jewish child with a rare and still undiagnosed breathing illness.

The child, Andrew Ten, age 3, arrived with his parents — accompanied by three nurses who attend to him around the clock — to try to seek medical help in the New York area.

Trump made his plane available for the special trip to New York after the boy’s parents, Judy and Harold Ten, called Trump and told him of their plight.

Commercial airlines refused to fly the child because he could not travel without an elaborate life-support system, which includes a portable oxygen tank, a suction machine, a breathing bag and an adrenaline syringe.

“Mr. Trump did not hesitate when we called him up. He said ‘yes, I’ll send my plane out,’” 29-year-old Harold Ten recalled shortly after he landed here Tuesday morning.

Asked why he thought Trump made his private jet available, Ten replied, “Because he is a good man. He has three children of his own and he knows what being a parent is all about.”

Last edited by gonzo; 08-03-2016 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 2
Greyfox857.00
bbbbmw2387.00

08-03-2016, 05:25 PM   #3707
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
He did release them and it's debatable if is was a bad decision. It got this issue off the table.

Last 26 years all Republicans have done it so me finding it as useful information isn't exactly new. When he is passing laws, changing the direction our country is headed, awards government contracts, or whatever I would be interested in knowing if it benefits his bank account.

If nothing to hide, why not? If something to hide I completely agree with his decision.
id probably wait until after the audit was done and im not even a tax law attorney. Im sure his actual attorneys are advising him not to make them public until the audit is complete.

Makes sense to not allow millions of people ready to criticize every little detail and point out any flaw to an agency that probably only assigned a small team to review.

Again, i have no idea on tax laws, but im guessing once you are audited, you cant get the same return audited again, so anything that the IRS missed that some Joe Shmo found, wouldnt cause any issue.

Now once the audit is done, and he still doesnt release them, then maybe thats an issue for some and i can understand that.

Edit: Quick googling shows that " Under 7605(b) of the Internal Revenue Code a second examination of the taxpayer's return is prohibited"
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #3708
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Fair enough, skip last year and show the 3 years prior. Every other Republican candidate in the last 36 years decided that full disclosure was the best course of action. Romney lost but for a number of reasons and I don't think releasing his taxes was the dagger (and yes I voted for him).
      08-03-2016, 09:21 PM   #3709
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87
Quote:

id probably wait until after the audit was done and im not even a tax law attorney. Im sure his actual attorneys are advising him not to make them public until the audit is complete.

Makes sense to not allow millions of people ready to criticize every little detail and point out any flaw to an agency that probably only assigned a small team to review.

Again, i have no idea on tax laws, but im guessing once you are audited, you cant get the same return audited again, so anything that the IRS missed that some Joe Shmo found, wouldnt cause any issue.

Now once the audit is done, and he still doesnt release them, then maybe thats an issue for some and i can understand that.

Edit: Quick googling shows that " Under 7605(b) of the Internal Revenue Code a second examination of the taxpayer's return is prohibited"
That law relates to the second audit of the same return. He gets aufited every year.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 09:44 PM   #3710
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Call him a loser all ya want and we need to see his tax returns but, a few years back he purchased from Paul Allen founder of Microsoft, this 100 million dollar 757.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #3711
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Quote:
Ah gotcha, I thought he released them eventually but I was wrong.
Yes - he did eventually release them, and the media had a field day with it. Hindsight showed there was no positive outcome from releasing your taxes.
      08-03-2016, 09:51 PM   #3712
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70
Quote:

Quote:
Each Republican nominee in the past nine presidential elections has released his tax returns: Ronald Reagan (1980, 1984), George H. W. Bush (1988, 1992), Bob Dole (1996), George W. Bush (2000, 2004), John McCain (2008) and Mitt Romney (2012).

I am also interested in seeing more about the taxes he pays, the charities he gives to (he said he gives millions, would be interesting to actually see).

The only thing that happened when Romney finally released his is that the media went nuts that he "only paid a 14% tax rate" or something like that.
      08-03-2016, 10:04 PM   #3713
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

I'll be voting for him begrudgingly since Peewee Herman would make a better president than Hillary.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 11:23 PM   #3714
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

There is a French documentary on CIA operations, host mainly has former CIA officers interviewed. They basically saying that Bush family is just a huge mafia that has close ties to terrorists and direct links to Bin Laden family. That top oil corporations rule USA in reality. And they talk a bit about Clinton connections to Saudis and how Saudis pay Clinton for good words and cooperation with USA. There is basically a written price list for Saudis, politicians give them what they want in exchange for lots of cash. When law enforcement digs into this, they get assassinated, threatened with jail or a nut house. CIA guy compared US politics under Clinton to Stalinism.

And I am not saying Trump is great, he is horrible. But corruption under all those Clinton like politicians is just scary and wrong. It's worse then in Russia.

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 08-03-2016 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 04:57 AM   #3715
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Send a message via AIM to N8N Send a message via MSN to N8N Send a message via Yahoo to N8N
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8N
Quote:
What information would you expect to glean from Trump's tax return?
That's he's not really as good at business as he claims he is.
Again what difference would that make since we're dealing with a President now that was never even IN business and is in his second term. Is it all of a sudden supposed to really matter now?

:edit - lol
it's a) a claim that he's made and b)the only qualification he's claimed that would make him actually somewhat more qualified to be President than any of us. so if he really isn't good at business and handling money then the whole argument that you should vote for him kind of falls apart (assuming that you believe that in the first place, which I don't. I think he's rich because he inherited money, and that his 'business acumen' doesn't stand up to scrutiny.)
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 07:03 AM   #3716
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
There is a French documentary on CIA operations, host mainly has former CIA officers interviewed. They basically saying that Bush family is just a huge mafia that has close ties to terrorists and direct links to Bin Laden family. That top oil corporations rule USA in reality. And they talk a bit about Clinton connections to Saudis and how Saudis pay Clinton for good words and cooperation with USA. There is basically a written price list for Saudis, politicians give them what they want in exchange for lots of cash. When law enforcement digs into this, they get assassinated, threatened with jail or a nut house. CIA guy compared US politics under Clinton to Stalinism.

And I am not saying Trump is great, he is horrible. But corruption under all those Clinton like politicians is just scary and wrong. It's worse then in Russia.
All we are missing is any proof of what is actually happening from some credible sources.
      08-04-2016, 08:07 AM   #3717
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
All we are missing is any proof of what is actually happening from some credible sources.
Looks like it's this movie in 3 parts. For me prove is the fact that it all comes from CIA officials, and many of what they are saying are historic facts already, they are just describing everything deeper. All CIA false flag operations, CIA/USA Bin Laden connections, Clinton Saudis connections, those are all facts without the movie.
Michael Moore also make nice movies, just watched "Where to invade next", not related to Trumps or Clinton, just how fucked up USA really is due to its policies and greed

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=q6efo3EjTTs
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 08:29 AM   #3718
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The only thing that happened when Romney finally released his is that the media went nuts that he "only paid a 14% tax rate" or something like that.
Yeah that was retarded, not much different from what most of us likely pay.

Also, latest Fox News poll has Trump down by quite a bit:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...as-flawed.html

Interesting thing is, Trump got a big bump DURING the DNC if you look at the polling averages. Then it started to drop only after the convention.
Appreciate 0