BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Here we go again - PB M40i Build Tracking

11-04-2023, 09:00 PM   #551
Horseman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewstorm View Post
Well, the Dealer told me last week that my car was at the Port. That doesn't seem to be the case.
Contact BMW genius to get the latest status.
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2023, 09:45 AM   #552
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Ok, I've recorded the footage... now I just need to put it together... that'll take some time.
Appreciate 2
      11-05-2023, 01:00 PM   #553
MisanoblueZ4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Ok, I've recorded the footage... now I just need to put it together... that'll take some time.
Nice! Looking forward to seeing it. Full review incoming?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 06:14 PM   #554
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisanoblueZ4 View Post
Nice! Looking forward to seeing it. Full review incoming?
Comparison video between the 30i and the M40i. I hope it's alright... honestly this was most challenging video I've ever done as I don't have the white one anymore to do any reshoots. >,<!
Appreciate 3
      11-06-2023, 06:20 AM   #555
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
And here it is. Like i said, not my best work. lol Was definitely more difficult to do this one considering only had one car at at time.

Appreciate 7
      11-09-2023, 05:54 PM   #556
PSQ777
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
And here it is. Like i said, not my best work. lol Was definitely more difficult to do this one considering only had one car at at time.

That was great. The engine start difference at the end was telling :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 07:05 PM   #557
72sirmako
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (F15), BMW Z4 (G29)

Garage List
2024 BMW Z4 M4.0i  [9.92]
2017 BMW X5  [8.75]
Nice job on the video Horseman. Looks and sounds good. Interesting you mentioned the sound of rocks hitting the wheel wells. I've noticed that as well but I didn't have a similar car to compare against. Next up Z4M comparison?

Nick
Appreciate 1
Horseman4131.50
      11-09-2023, 08:38 PM   #558
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72sirmako View Post
Nice job on the video Horseman. Looks and sounds good. Interesting you mentioned the sound of rocks hitting the wheel wells. I've noticed that as well but I didn't have a similar car to compare against. Next up Z4M comparison?

Nick
Thanks!

No way my wife would let me trade up again hahaha! She was already super grumpy about this trade.
Appreciate 2
      12-08-2023, 07:12 AM   #559
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Since I am going off topic from this thread I am using my own. I wanted to share a feel good story. Having a bit of a horrible year this year so actually doing something genuinely fun and exciting for my son was truly a wonderful experience.

All of this really relates back to my Z4 because without it I would not have gotten involved with the local car community. I follow a photographer and he follows me on Instagram and I noticed that he posts a lot of pictures of a McLaren P1. This happens to be my son’s favorite car. Like…. FAVORITE!! However, we have never seen one in person as they are truly rare cars. Their $1.6M price tag doesn’t help things.

So I asked him if it’s his, and he said no, unfortunately. So told him bummer it’s my son’s favorite car, yadda yadda in an Instagram post. Well, there is a super car/hyper car storage club here and the P1 is the owner’s. So…. Someone from that place sent me a PM asking if I wanted to come out and see it!!! Of course! Absofrickenlutely!

So, I told my kid that we were gonna go somewhere on Wednesday to meet with someone from my work and that person is a car guy. Incident have time to drop him off at home so he was gonna have to come with me to the meeting. I told him this because I wanted an excuse for him to wear all his McLaren gear.

As we approached the place I stopped and told him the truth, but not the whole truth. That where we were going was a surprise. Needless to say, the surprise was a massive success!! He was floored to see the P1 in person and we got a 1-on-1 tour of the car and he even got to sit in it! There was a legit Eleanor there too! 1967 GT500!

Realy needed this. Probably more so for myself than even for my son. Thought I’d share.
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
      12-08-2023, 07:45 AM   #560
MisanoblueZ4
Lieutenant
Rep

Wonderful story, what a great experience for you both to share!
Appreciate 2
Horseman4131.50
      12-08-2023, 06:44 PM   #561
Wynnsiensheng
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Great video! I hadn’t noticed it being posted previously. Thanks for doing the hard work to put it together.

I’m with you on several points:

- I haven’t owned a 30i but I am sure that it has all the power that I would need. The additional power of the m40i is in some ways unnecessary for me

- The sound of the six cylinder engine is what motivates me to get the m40i over the 30i

- black lettering looks much better on a number of colors

- I hear, not rocks but dirt/earth from the road being thrown up to my wheel wells. Same road later on in a different car, no sound 🤷&zwj;♂️
Appreciate 3
      12-08-2023, 06:47 PM   #562
Wynnsiensheng
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
A very touching story about a great experience for you and your son.

It’s nearly next year and hopefully 2024 turns out well for you. 🤞🤞
Appreciate 3
Pjetrof38.00
Horseman4131.50
      12-08-2023, 06:57 PM   #563
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Since I am going off topic from this thread I am using my own. I wanted to share a feel good story. Having a bit of a horrible year this year so actually doing something genuinely fun and exciting for my son was truly a wonderful experience.

All of this really relates back to my Z4 because without it I would not have gotten involved with the local car community. I follow a photographer and he follows me on Instagram and I noticed that he posts a lot of pictures of a McLaren P1. This happens to be my son’s favorite car. Like…. FAVORITE!! However, we have never seen one in person as they are truly rare cars. Their $1.6M price tag doesn’t help things.

So I asked him if it’s his, and he said no, unfortunately. So told him bummer it’s my son’s favorite car, yadda yadda in an Instagram post. Well, there is a super car/hyper car storage club here and the P1 is the owner’s. So…. Someone from that place sent me a PM asking if I wanted to come out and see it!!! Of course! Absofrickenlutely!

So, I told my kid that we were gonna go somewhere on Wednesday to meet with someone from my work and that person is a car guy. Incident have time to drop him off at home so he was gonna have to come with me to the meeting. I told him this because I wanted an excuse for him to wear all his McLaren gear.

As we approached the place I stopped and told him the truth, but not the whole truth. That where we were going was a surprise. Needless to say, the surprise was a massive success!! He was floored to see the P1 in person and we got a 1-on-1 tour of the car and he [...]
That is a great story and we can all feel the emotion!!!
Appreciate 1
Horseman4131.50
      12-08-2023, 08:05 PM   #564
MisanoblueZ4
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynnsiensheng View Post
Great video! I hadn’t noticed it being posted previously. Thanks for doing the hard work to put it together.

I’m with you on several points:

- I haven’t owned a 30i but I am sure that it has all the power that I would need. The additional power of the m40i is in some ways unnecessary for me

- The sound of the six cylinder engine is what motivates me to get the m40i over the 30i

- black lettering looks much better on a number of colors

- I hear, not rocks but dirt/earth from the road being thrown up to my wheel wells. Same road later on in a different car, no sound 🤷&zwj;♂️

I love how effortlessly the M40i with Sport Plus Engine setting can just rocket away with very little drama at part throttle, combined with the exhaust note it’s incredibly satisfying.

Ran a quick errand to Costco for a few things and it gives me a chuckle how from a stoplight it just GOES (traffic is left well behind) and I’m really not into boost or anything, just quickly getting up to the road speed limit.
Appreciate 2