BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2020: British GP - Silverstone (Aug 2 + Aug 9)

07-28-2020, 03:22 AM   #45
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
actually i told my idea my friend everything looks normal but cant remember where i posted it..
Naturally its understandable you support your own team like any other fan would but the steering wheel in question and Bottas's reaction to it is certainly not normal as regards a pertinent explanation.
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2020, 05:25 AM   #46
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Naturally its understandable you support your own team like any other fan would but the steering wheel in question and Bottas's reaction to it is certainly not normal as regards a pertinent explanation.
he was locked what time red lights ll go off and his steering wheel lights went off as he changed the steering wheel earlier because of same problem..

and the more important part..
deciding when to start the race and all lights of sequence is all manual.. so any conspiracy theory that telling Merc's know when the race will start is all empty.. im posting an example below..

"F1's race start sequence is controlled by permanent starter Christian Bryll, who took over that role at the Bahrain GP when the duties of former F1 race director Charlie Whiting were split between Masi and himself.

But Bryll has no restriction on the timing of when he decides the lights go off, as F1's regulations over the start procedure are open-ended on this front.

Article 36.9 of F1's sporting regulations states: "Once all the cars have come to a halt, the five second-light will appear followed by the four, three, two and one second lights."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...fia-tolerances ..

each race, lights go off differently and the whole point of this to keep starts all organic on drivers reaction times its like this for many years.. i dont think there is another way to state that "automated lights on dash thing" is just funny my friend unless Merc' is in the brain of who pushes a button to let all lights off.. and if Merc' is in the mind of that person a Nobel Prize should be on the way for achieving crazy psychic powers..
      07-29-2020, 04:06 AM   #47
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
he was locked what time red lights ll go off and his steering wheel lights went off as he changed the steering wheel earlier because of same problem..

and the more important part..
deciding when to start the race and all lights of sequence is all manual.. so any conspiracy theory that telling Merc's know when the race will start is all empty.. im posting an example below..

"F1's race start sequence is controlled by permanent starter Christian Bryll, who took over that role at the Bahrain GP when the duties of former F1 race director Charlie Whiting were split between Masi and himself.

But Bryll has no restriction on the timing of when he decides the lights go off, as F1's regulations over the start procedure are open-ended on this front.

Article 36.9 of F1's sporting regulations states: "Once all the cars have come to a halt, the five second-light will appear followed by the four, three, two and one second lights."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...fia-tolerances ..

each race, lights go off differently and the whole point of this to keep starts all organic on drivers reaction times its like this for many years.. i dont think there is another way to state that "automated lights on dash thing" is just funny my friend unless Merc' is in the brain of who pushes a button to let all lights off.. and if Merc' is in the mind of that person a Nobel Prize should be on the way for achieving crazy psychic powers..
...and HAM managed an 0.00 which is virtually an impossibility.

My friend I certainly don't live in wonderland as I'm certain all of us don't, come on.
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2020, 06:18 AM   #48
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
...and HAM managed an 0.00 which is virtually an impossibility.

My friend I certainly don't live in wonderland as I'm certain all of us don't, come on.
even 0.1-0.2 earlier is legal my friend.. just like Bottas' start last year cant remember which race that was.. i remember vividly some great starts from Hakkinen as well.. probably you remember also those..

Quote:
DAS to keep tyre temp up in all conditions,Merc PU jet-mode and start line questionable advantage are not fair play.
all teams are/were free to develop new things my friends especially if you think the financial possibilities of Ferrari and Renault its more like a shame for them for not improving their cars.. when you go deep into checking lap times Ferrari is slower even last year's Merc.. wow..
      07-29-2020, 06:34 AM   #49
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
even 0.1-0.2 earlier is legal my friend.. just like Bottas' start last year cant remember which race that was.. i remember vividly some great starts from Hakkinen as well.. probably you remember also those..

all teams are/were free to develop new things my friends especially if you think the financial possibilities of Ferrari and Renault its more like a shame for them for not improving their cars.. when you go deep into checking lap times Ferrari is slower even last year's Merc.. wow..
Yesterday I heard : "To keep everything reliable" the Merc PU is running only on 80 % of their full potential.

This means this season is now already over ! Yeah , by the new ( suspicious ) things ....

"HAM vs BOT" = "Silverstone" 1 & 2

Mate . That's really exciting !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58881.00
yco5722.50
      07-29-2020, 09:10 AM   #50
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yesterday I heard : "To keep everything reliable" the Merc PU is running only on 80 % of their full potential.

This means this season is now already over ! Yeah , by the new ( suspicious ) things ....

I think we all already knew Merc was a lock this year and next, if you exclude them though, this year has already been exciting as heck!
I love watching RP, McLaren, Renault, TR, and Ferrari all fighting.
Appreciate 1
tdott3930.50
      07-29-2020, 11:01 AM   #51
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

20% power in reserve for HAM and BOT my friend that's hardly used...then I'd like to be their COOK.I can make delicious meals with lots of 'output'
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #52
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
I think we all already knew Merc was a lock this year and next, if you exclude them though, this year has already been exciting as heck!
agreed, the mid field battles are exciting. Loved Lando's last lap passing in 1/2.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 04:58 PM   #53
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
Of course mate . But what we/I want to see is a close battle for the podium with a gap of a few seconds .
By this I mean , not always the 2 same cars who can lap the rest of the field in every single race .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      07-29-2020, 05:41 PM   #54
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
agreed, the mid field battles are exciting. Loved Lando's last lap passing in 1/2.
Yeah mate . The battle for the podium comes secondary .
P1 and P2 we know already. And P3 is a lucky son of a Bitch .

An exciting race is guaranteed !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      07-29-2020, 06:16 PM   #55
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

"Silverstone /2019"

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      07-29-2020, 06:54 PM   #56
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Wowie!

Quote:
"Silverstone /2019"

VET (if he didn't) should have received massive points penalties against his FIA F1 Superlicense for the idiocy of RAMMING VER from behind....this was not a racing incident....it was a public assault.
      07-30-2020, 02:59 AM   #57
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
VET (if he didn't) should have received massive points penalties against his FIA F1 Superlicense for the idiocy of RAMMING VER from behind....this was not a racing incident....it was a public assault.
I'll go with that and dope VET single handedly ruined any challenge that Max may have put up to challenge the Mercs. It's all very well accepting responsibility and saying sorry but none of the top drivers should be doing those boy racer errors.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2020, 03:11 AM   #58
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Of course mate . But what we/I want to see is a close battle for the podium with a gap of a few seconds .
By this I mean , not always the 2 same cars who can lap the rest of the field in every single race .
I think that's what all fans would want but all I see is an express elevator to another season of a one team domination...going down.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2020, 04:19 AM   #59
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
yeah Vettel received 2 penalty points because of this accident last year..
      07-30-2020, 08:15 AM   #60
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah mate . The battle for the podium comes secondary .
P1 and P2 we know already. And P3 is a lucky son of a Bitch .

An exciting race is guaranteed !
Other teams just need to step it up and challenge the Mercs.

Spend less time complaining about being slow and do something about it.
Appreciate 1
rcracin1238.00
      07-30-2020, 08:19 AM   #61
rcracin
Major
Rep

Quote:

Big facts.

Cant wait to see what excuses everyone has in 2022.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 08:35 AM   #62
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Well mate that's what RB-Honda actually did in the last 8 months (24/7) and during the winter stop in Japan !

The million dollar question is : What Merc did to make their PU so powerful while they were in full lockdown ?

Challenge ? Tell me how ? When you know that the Mercs are 15-17 km/h faster on the straights , even without the Mercs Party-Mode !

I'm not complaining . I'm just wondering ...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      07-30-2020, 08:40 AM   #63
rcracin
Major
Rep

Quote:
Well mate that's what RB-Honda actually did in the last 8 months (24/7) and during the winter stop in Japan !

The million dollar question is : What Merc did to make their PU so powerful while they were in full lockdown ?

Challenge ? Tell me how ? When you know that the Mercs are 15-17 km/h faster on the straights , even without the Mercs Party-Mode !

I'm not complaining . I'm just wondering ...
Maybe RB shouldnt have gone with an engine supplier who couldnt get it right for 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 08:49 AM   #64
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

They did their work in the off season and once they stopped developing last year's motor.

Honda had a location advantage during lockdown so they had even more time to R&D.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2020, 08:57 AM   #65
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Maybe RB shouldnt have gone with an engine supplier who couldnt get it right for 3 years.
Good call . But as you know they come from Renault . And Renault was and is even worse ..
So they went with HONDA , because the dyno test-runs looked very promesing.
Of course RP (Racing Point) is doing well with a higher top-speed , but that's actually a "2019 Pink Mercedes"
The other teams are driving for the best of the rest !

Mate . In short : Red Bull had no other options ...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      07-30-2020, 09:13 AM   #66
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
They did their work in the off season and once they stopped developing last year's motor.

Honda had a location advantage during lockdown so they had even more time to R&D.
Mate . I know . But that was not my question .

"Copy and past my question from # 63" => The million dollar question is : What Merc did to make their PU so powerful ?

Challenge ? Tell me how ? When you know that the Mercs are 15-17 km/h faster on the straights , even without the Mercs Party-Mode ?

Appreciate 0