BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion "We’ve got to get rid of the Democrats that support people that don’t want to work.”

11-09-2016, 02:52 PM   #1
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

"We’ve got to get rid of the Democrats that support people that don’t want to work.”

Bravo.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/us...te-left-region
Appreciate 2
      11-09-2016, 03:36 PM   #2
desertfox73
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Dependency on government handouts isn't a left/right, dem/repub thing...it's an American way of life for too many. Several studies actually show that traditionally "red" parts of the country depend more heavily on welfare/social support than others, for example:

http://taxfoundation.org/blog/which-...-federal-aid-0

The only way forward is to stop thinking in terms of left/right. It's "included" and "left out", and that concept transcends party lines. Both parties have exacerbated the rift and exploited it.

As much as anything, last night was also a repudiation of the Republican Party. It just happens that Trump ran for that party, but there is serious division within the ranks.

My primary take away from last night is that there is a HUGE swath of Americans for whom many systems are not working. Some try to paint those people as white nationalists, etc., but it's more complex than that. At their core, they are a hard-working class of people who have busted their collective asses to contribute to this country, and the country has left them out. Left them out of the rewards and joys of success, and certainly left them out of the voting equation. But their voice has been heard.
      11-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #3
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Spiritedly

Or, better- we've got to get rid of the people who don't want to work.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 11:51 PM   #4
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
Dependency on government handouts isn't a left/right, dem/repub thing...it's an American way of life for too many. Several studies actually show that traditionally "red" parts of the country depend more heavily on welfare/social support than others, for example:

The only way forward is to stop thinking in terms of left/right. It's "included" and "left out", and that concept transcends party lines. Both parties have exacerbated the rift and exploited it.

As much as anything, last night was also a repudiation of the Republican Party. It just happens that Trump ran for that party, but there is serious division within the ranks.

My primary take away from last night is that there is a HUGE swath of Americans for whom many systems are not working. Some try to paint those people as white nationalists, etc., but it's more complex than that. At their core, they are a hard-working class of people who have busted their collective asses to contribute to this country, and the country has left them out. Left them out of the rewards and joys of success, and certainly left them out of the voting equation. But their voice has been heard.
IIRC, this sort of analysis of "federal aid" also includes defense spending, not just welfare, etc. So the red states look like they consume more federal dollars, but it is skewed by non-aid spending. Not sure if the Tax Foundation has adjusted for this in their numbers.

And I also believe the left wildly exacerbated the "left out" and divisiveness that exists today - and I would lay it square at the feet of Barack Obama.

Other than that, I agree with your post.
      11-11-2016, 07:25 AM   #5
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
IIRC, this sort of analysis of "federal aid" also includes defense spending, not just welfare, etc. So the red states look like they consume more federal dollars, but it is skewed by non-aid spending. Not sure if the Tax Foundation has adjusted for this in their numbers.

And I also believe the left wildly exacerbated the "left out" and divisiveness that exists today - and I would lay it square at the feet of Barack Obama.

Other than that, I agree with your post.
Obama killed what little bit he had of a legacy by supporting violent hate marches that would come out any time a cop shot a black man. These where not protests, it was just a gathering by a bunch of assholes who wanted to let the world know how much they hate white people.. The response to that BS came on election day.
Appreciate 2
bbbbmw2375.00
mantis154.50

11-11-2016, 07:28 AM   #6
InternetFame
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 ZCP 6MT, '11 R55 S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Obama killed what little bit he had of a legacy by supporting violent hate marches that would come out any time a cop shot a black man. These where not protests, it was just a gathering by a bunch of assholes who wanted to let the world know how much they hate white people.. The response to that BS came on election day.
You think black cops are gonna start killing white people now?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 07:31 AM   #7
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetFame View Post
You think black cops are gonna start killing white people now?
LMAO no.. Shit they where even protesting and screaming about how white neighborhoods should be burnt down when a black cop shot a black man.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 07:34 AM   #8
Greyfox
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91 - 280k+

Honestly, I believe we need to bring back programs like the CCC and some of the other programs from past years.
Appreciate 1
mantis154.50

11-11-2016, 07:35 AM   #9
InternetFame
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 ZCP 6MT, '11 R55 S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
LMAO no.. Shit they where even protesting and screaming about how white neighborhoods should be burnt down when a black cop shot a black man.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 07:56 AM   #10
Jackie Chiles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW SW TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post

Well said. With your thoughtfulness and reason you won't do well here.
      11-11-2016, 08:23 AM   #11
mantis
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Garage List
2011 e90  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Honestly, I believe we need to bring back programs like the CCC and some of the other programs from past years.
i was in the CCC, got me off the streets when i turned 18.

california conservation corps
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 08:33 AM   #12
Greyfox
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91 - 280k+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
i was in the CCC, got me off the streets when i turned 18.

california conservation corps
I honestly didn't know there were still some programs going on. But I think they would help and give some people purpose, training, skills and knowledge while performing things that need to be done around the country.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 08:35 AM   #13
mantis
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Garage List
2011 e90  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
I honestly didn't know there were still some programs going on. But I think they would help and give some people purpose, training, skills and knowledge while performing things that need to be done around the country.
its definitely an opportunity for youth to get its eyes opened, i enjoyed it
Appreciate 1
MKSixer18072.00