BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion "Roseanne" Canned

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-30-2018, 09:10 AM   #89
Delta0311
Banned
7370
Rep
10,128
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
You still have yet to address your statement earlier in the thread about not finding anything wrong with calling a black woman the product of an ape. Why is it you don't find a comment like that racist?
Because it's a fucking stupid comment and that's all. No stupider than a BLACK woman calling Trump an APE.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:12 AM   #90
SumBMWGuy
Major
970
Rep
1,333
Posts

Drives: A German Car
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
You come here posting BS 24/7 and you are trying to call me out?
Ahhh, deflection. Please point out my bullshit, happy to. But before you go, please explain YOUR dishonesty about Joy Behar's comments. Remember, it was YOU that made that statement. How about showing some integrity.

Personally, I didn't go into the military, but I have heard integrity and honesty are important to them.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:15 AM   #91
SumBMWGuy
Major
970
Rep
1,333
Posts

Drives: A German Car
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Because it's a fucking stupid comment and that's all. No stupider than a BLACK woman calling Trump an APE.
Good thing Norman has his knight in internet armor. How about we wait for Norm to answer about his comment.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #92
Delta0311
Banned
7370
Rep
10,128
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Ahhh, deflection. Please point out my bullshit, happy to. But before you go, please explain YOUR dishonesty about Joy Behar's comments. Remember, it was YOU that made that statement. How about showing some integrity.

Personally, I didn't go into the military, but I have heard integrity and honesty are important to them.
Joy Behar publicly apologizes for calling Pence’s Christianity a ‘mental illness’


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1d98e33542b8
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:18 AM   #93
SumBMWGuy
Major
970
Rep
1,333
Posts

Drives: A German Car
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Joy Behar publicly apologizes for calling Pence’s Christianity a ‘mental illness’


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1d98e33542b8
Yes, that is a story about her apology. YOU said she called ALL christians mentally ill. She did NOT. How about retracting your comment.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:22 AM   #94
SumBMWGuy
Major
970
Rep
1,333
Posts

Drives: A German Car
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

By the way Delta, you have mentioned before that you immigrated to the US. You haven't been here your entire life. It might do you some good to read up on racism in the United States. We have a very deep past with this subject. Even starting with the constitutional convention where a black man was looked at as 3/5ths of a white man.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:29 AM   #95
Delta0311
Banned
7370
Rep
10,128
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Yes, that is a story about her apology. YOU said she called ALL christians mentally ill. She did NOT. How about retracting your comment.
She called his Christianity a metal illness. Like wtf is he the only Christian on the planet. Of course she offended other Christians with that comment as well.
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2018, 09:33 AM   #96
Delta0311
Banned
7370
Rep
10,128
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
By the way Delta, you have mentioned before that you immigrated to the US. You haven't been here your entire life. It might do you some good to read up on racism in the United States. We have a very deep past with this subject. Even starting with the constitutional convention where a black man was looked at as 3/5ths of a white man.
I been here since I was 8 and grew up in Newark; I'm quite familiar with black history but how many black people today were slaves? And why the fuck do you keep trying to guilt white people today about something that happened hundreds of years ago and that they had nothing to do with. Further more, last I checked Poland or the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth as it was called at the time had NOTHING to do with colonization or the salve trade. Matter of fact if you spent a moment and read about the Poles who fought in the American Revolution they were against slavery. So technically this white guilt BS you are trying to apply here has NOTHING to do with me or my ancestors.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:41 AM   #97
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4405
Rep
3,773
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
She said something in a public forum and her employer used it as a tool to discrimate on her views which the government will take no action to sanction that employer. Now if it was a group the government cared about then they will be knocking down doors so the government is promoting speech they like and punishing speech they dont like with discrimination law suits
There is nothing to indicate that this was a "tool for discrimination". Further, being a conservative or a Trump supporter or a racist is not a protected class at the Fed or State level that I'm aware of. You understand that without a protected class there can be no "discrimination law suits", yes?

So, your post is nonsense, basically.
Appreciate 1
vtown58.00

      05-30-2018, 09:43 AM   #98
Delta0311
Banned
7370
Rep
10,128
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
There is nothing to indicate that this was a "tool for discrimination". Further, being a conservative or a Trump supporter or a racist is not a protected class at the Fed or State level that I'm aware of. You understand that without a protected class there can be no "discrimination law suits", yes?

So, your post is nonsense, basically.
So we are all equal but yet we have protected classes for certain groups of people? Damn got to love that equality.
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #99
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4405
Rep
3,773
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
So what now you trying to say we are not all equal? Are we not all human? You want multiculturalism and equality then you need to stop with this tribalistic bs.
What does word usage have to do with equality?

If I call a Christian a "kike", they probably won't be offended. If I call a Jewish person that name, will I get the same reaction? Does that mean Christians and Jews aren't equal?

Your post makes no sense.
Appreciate 3
shmad95.50
puppydax136.50
Zlaatan567.00

      05-30-2018, 09:46 AM   #100
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4405
Rep
3,773
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
So we are all equal but yet we have protected classes for certain groups of people? Damn got to love that equality.
Uh, yes, protected classes exist. Welcome to 1964.

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:46 AM   #101
Delta0311
Banned
7370
Rep
10,128
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
What does word usage have to do with equality?

If I call a Christian a "kike", they probably won't be offended. If I call a Jewish person that name, will I get the same reaction? Does that mean Christians and Jews aren't equal?

Your post makes no sense.
Calling a black person an ape should be no different than calling a white person an ape.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:47 AM   #102
NormanConquest
Colonel
1769
Rep
2,677
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
You still have yet to address your statement earlier in the thread about not finding anything wrong with calling a black woman the product of an ape. Why is it you don't find a comment like that racist?
I have no issue with people saying whatever nonsense they want to say. I much rather have someone be honest about their views so I'm aware they hate me or any other group then have someone pretend to like me and then give me subpar service or actively undermine me.

I recall once providing a service for a store and the guy went o thank God they didnt send me (bad word for spanish people) who cant speak english or a dumb (bad word for blacks) <note I'm Hispanic but very light skin and very western in behavior> he then went into his hatred of Indians trying to buy his store while I did the service he requested. After everything he ask my name which is a very spanish name once I said it he turn beat red and I said "dont worry I didnt take any offense, have a nice day."
Your not going to change someone by making them hold their feeling inside or punishing them you can change them by making them look like a fool when you surpass their expectations
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #103
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4405
Rep
3,773
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Calling a black person an ape should be no different than calling a white person an ape.
You're welcome to that opinion about how this should be, but it is out of phase with how things are.

There are, sadly, real historical reasons for that difference.
Appreciate 2
shmad95.50
puppydax136.50

      05-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #104
Delta0311
Banned
7370
Rep
10,128
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Uh, yes, protected classes exist. Welcome to 1964.

I know that. What I am saying is that if we want true equality then there should be NO protected classes.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:49 AM   #105
NormanConquest
Colonel
1769
Rep
2,677
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
There is nothing to indicate that this was a "tool for discrimination". Further, being a conservative or a Trump supporter or a racist is not a protected class at the Fed or State level that I'm aware of. You understand that without a protected class there can be no "discrimination law suits", yes?

So, your post is nonsense, basically.
It a double standard saying you cant fire people for certain views but it okay for others
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:51 AM   #106
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1744
Rep
4,836
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

For those who can't recognize the racism in Roseanne's comments, you too may be a racist.
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2018, 09:52 AM   #107
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4405
Rep
3,773
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
She called his Christianity a metal illness. Like wtf is he the only Christian on the planet. Of course she offended other Christians with that comment as well.
No, she said hearing Jesus talk to you was a sign of mental illness. I'll post the quote again:

Behar responded: “It’s one thing to talk to Jesus. It’s another thing when Jesus talks to you. That’s called mental illness, if I’m not correct, hearing voices.”

Funny, none of my Christian friends claim that Jesus actually speaks to them, as in they literally hear his voice instructing them.

Again, I don't believe VP Pence ever made the claim that he literally heard the voice of Jesus talking directly to him.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:54 AM   #108
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4405
Rep
3,773
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
It a double standard saying you cant fire people for certain views but it okay for others
That's not violating Roseanne's free speech, however, nor is it discrimination from a legal perspective.

Sorry.

Further, the Behar thing and the Roseanne thing are not the same. Similar, yes, not equivalent. Same goes for Wanda Sykes calling Pres Trump an orangutan.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #109
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2226
Rep
1,684
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

its funny that on here and social media, there are a lot of people saying she should and could be fired because free speech doesnt protect you from your employers, and then on Kaepernick and NFL kneeling topics, they say the players have a right to protest because free speech.

i wonder if they see the irony in that.

should she be fired? sure why not. Should anyone else who says something stupid or offensive on twitter, whether about liberals, conservatives, white, black, brown, etc? Yes, if this is the standard we are going to set.
Appreciate 3
shmad95.50
Joekerr4982.50

      05-30-2018, 09:56 AM   #110
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4405
Rep
3,773
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
I know that. What I am saying is that if we want true equality then there should be NO protected classes.
That's an argument that could be made.

Again, sadly, there is ample historical evidence in our society to illustrate why protected classes were, and almost certainly still are, needed.

Will we ever get to a point where they are no longer needed? I hope so, but I'm doubtful.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST