BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion "Oral sex then Holy Water: Report documents abuse by priests"

08-15-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

"Oral sex then Holy Water: Report documents abuse by priests"

What a horrible tittle for a thread, but its both the tittle of the article from Fox and equal to the shock of reality for what is STILL happening within the church.

"A priest raped a 7-year-old girl while he was visiting her in the hospital after she'd had her tonsils removed. Another priest forced a 9-year-old boy into having oral sex, then rinsed out the boy's mouth with holy water. One boy was forced to say confession to the priest who sexually abused him."

"A new grand jury report says that internal documents from six Catholic dioceses in Pennsylvania show that more than 300 "predator priests" have been credibly accused of sexually abusing more than 1,000 child victims." (this is from Pennsylvania alone!!!!) Just image what people would be saying if Islam was responsible for 1,000 child rapes in one state.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/15...-children.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/14/us/pe...ury/index.html

I have a question which points to a level of denial and hypocrisy. Why do so many people rail against "Islam" as being the enemy of America when the dominating religion within the country is doing significantly more damage?

Its been 20 years since "sweeping reform" came to the church to stop abuses against children and yet "Priests were raping little boys and girls, and the men of God who were responsible for them not only did nothing; they hid it all."

Why don't we do a better job holding all abusers equally accountable? There seems to be a pattern in both politics and religion that is "as long as they are on my team they can do no wrong."

If a private sector company had similar culture of abuse against children as the church would we need completely destroy them?
Appreciate 3
      08-15-2018, 11:35 AM   #2
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
These allegations seem to happen every few years. Evidently, nothing seems to be getting done. I think this has been an issue since the 70's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathol...al_abuse_cases

08-15-2018, 11:35 AM   #3
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

The Catholic Church truly is despicable.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...otia-1.4772064
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 11:40 AM   #4
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

This, along with the whole catholic "forced adoption" issue is pretty awful.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 11:46 AM   #5
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

So why doesn't a high power step in and do something? Clearly the "highest power" doesn't give a shit so its up to us.

Since this example is in the USA should the POTUS not say something? I'm assuming if it was brought to light it was islamic leaders in the US that committed these crimes he'd have something to say. Does that mean he values islamic children more than catholic children?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #6
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
These allegations seem to happen every few years. Evidently, nothing seems to be getting done. I think this has been an issue since the 70's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathol...al_abuse_cases
As far as i'm concerned since we all know about this issue we are all complicit for any future abuses against children. When smarter heads prevail one day they will ask "why the hell did people sit back and let this happen?"
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 11:51 AM   #7
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

^^^ even more so the members of the church. You need to speak lauder than anyone. Don't ask why god is doing this, ask why they are hiding it and haven't implemented a zero tolerance policy with complete transparency for all abuses.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #8
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
^^^ even more so the members of the church. You need to speak lauder than anyone. Don't ask why god is doing this, ask why they are hiding it and haven't implemented a zero tolerance policy with complete transparency for all abuses.
The whole thing is corrupt. The archdiocese sits on numerous tax free assets paid for by the parishioners and when it comes time to compensate victims they sell some of the assets. The Vatican is worth ~$10B. Talk about the 1%.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 12:34 PM   #9
1 AKY
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D MSport Auto

I was wondering how long it would take before somebody posted this particular matter on the forum.....looks like most of the vocal Islamophobes didn't have the balls!

I agree with the OP that had this been related to Islam in any way, most of the Islamophobes would have already been shouting out above the rooftops, including POTUS....we'll wait and see what happens on that front.

These sorts of crimes are despicable, irrespective of whether the perpetrators purport to follow a particular faith/religion or none at all, and should feel the full force of the law, if not more.

However, don't blame the religion(s) for the actions of these so called 'men of god'. They are anything but.
Appreciate 4
Sassicaia3190.50
shmad95.50
obe100189.00

08-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #10
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
I was wondering how long it would take before somebody posted this particular matter on the forum.....looks like most of the vocal Islamophobes didn't have the balls!

I agree with the OP that had this been related to Islam in any way, most of the Islamophobes would have already been shouting out above the rooftops, including POTUS....we'll wait and see what happens on that front.

These sorts of crimes are despicable, irrespective of whether the perpetrators purport to follow a particular faith/religion or none at all, and should feel the full force of the law, if not more.

However, don't blame the religion(s) for the actions of these so called 'men of god'. They are anything but.
Those acts are appalling, the animals in the catholic church abusing young girls should be locked up.
Our laws dont make it legal to have young girls raped, Islamic laws make it perfectly legal to abuse young girls!

Getting rid of those Islamic laws and passing laws to protect young girls will protect millions of women in Islamic countries.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 01:09 PM   #11
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

OP is racist, he hates Christians!
Most Christians i know are good people!

In all seriousness, the Vatican needs to stop protecting those animals.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #12
1 AKY
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D MSport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Quote:

Those acts are appalling, the animals in the catholic church abusing young girls should be locked up.
Our laws dont make it legal to have young girls raped, Islamic laws make it perfectly legal to abuse young girls!

Getting rid of those Islamic laws and passing laws to protect young girls will protect millions of women in Islamic countries.
Speak of the devil.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 01:19 PM   #13
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Speak of the devil.
Those Islamic Laws that oppress women, gays, Christians have nothing to do with Islam, Islam is a religion of peace. Wink wink

Laws in Islamic republics arent based on Islam of course.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 01:54 PM   #14
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Then why are they getting away with it at unprecedented levels? Are you saying if another organization in a single state was found to have 300 leaders exposed for raping children and covering it up that organization would survive?

The church has created its own internal laws that allow, protect and some would argue encourage pedophiles to rape children.

Take you blinders off for a moment.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 01:58 PM   #15
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Those Islamic Laws that oppress women, gays, Christians have nothing to do with Islam, Islam is a religion of peace. Wink wink

Laws in Islamic republics arent based on Islam of course.
Catholic doctrine has it's fair share of oppression as well. Against same sex marriage, no female priests, no freedom of choice for women...
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 01:58 PM   #16
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
OP is racist, he hates Christians!
Which race as I racist against?

Quote:
Most Christians i know are good people!
Most Muslims I know are good people. Whats your point?

What you are missing is one MAJOR point. If you are part of an organization which has systematically created a culture of child abuse and you are not (actively) speaking out against those atrocities then you are not a good person in my book.

Quote:
In all seriousness, the Vatican needs to stop protecting those animals.
agreed. Mind if I ask what you have specifically done to communicate your disappointment and towards the church?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 02:03 PM   #17
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Then why are they getting away with it at unprecedented levels? Are you saying if another organization in a single state was found to have 300 leaders exposed for raping children and covering it up that organization would survive?

The church has created its own internal laws that allow, protect and some would argue encourage pedophiles to rape children.

Take you blinders off for a moment.
You made zero sense!

I've already said the priests molesting kids are animals and should be locked up!
It's unacceptable, also unacceptable Islamic laws that oppress young girls, women.

I didn't call you a racist or Anti-christian because you exposed the catholic church s sexual crimes.

I applaud you for your post.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #18
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:

What you are missing is one MAJOR point. If you are part of an organization which has systematically created a culture of child abuse and you are not (actively) speaking out against those atrocities then you are not a good person in my book.

agreed. Mind if I ask what you have specifically done to communicate your disappointment and towards the church?
That was a sarcastic post, you know anytime someone criticizes Islamic laws that oppress others, he's called a racist, Islamophobic etc.

Most Muslims in Islamic countries support laws that abuse women!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #19
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

You sooo want to make this about Catholicism vs. Islam. And taking a shot at our president saying that if this was Islam, he would do something about it. Admit it, you started this thread to push your pathetic agenda. Yes, this is a horrible story and yes, it's unfathomable that this is still going on. But, you're more concerned about pushing your agenda. As Anglo pointed out, go look at what some Muslim countries do to women. None of this is right and no religion is without atrocities.
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 4
SakhirM49870.50
anglo45726.50
MKSixer18072.00
Robin_NL5043.00

08-15-2018, 02:56 PM   #20
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
You sooo want to make this about Catholicism vs. Islam. And taking a shot at our president saying that if this was Islam, he would do something about it. Admit it, you started this thread to push your pathetic agenda. Yes, this is a horrible story and yes, it's unfathomable that this is still going on. But, you're more concerned about pushing your agenda. As Anglo pointed out, go look at what some Muslim countries do to women. None of this is right and no religion is without atrocities.
My agenda is very simple and I have never shied away from it or tried to hide it when it comes to religion. Let me spell it out very easily.

1.) The church has not only raped an enormous amount of children, but has done nothing to change its behaviour. It should be held to account (which it has not).

2.) People tend to demonize Islam and act as if they are doing it based on the merits of the religion as if their own religions is squeaky clean and only Islamic people commit atrocities. I believe all religions should equally be held to account.

3.) My example of comparing Islam vs Catabolism is simply used as a tool show the hypocrisy and double standard. My point of people being more concerned if Islamic people would have committed these crimes then Catholics is valid and shows a very real issue which I believe is this: The hate for Islam is not about its religion or how it "oppresses its people". Its about using some examples to validate hating all people who follow Islam and justify racist remarks and policies. This is clearly shown when equal and in many cases more examples of abuse towards people come from the church without the same anger from the people who easily and quickly demonize islam.

This thread is a clear example of why I dislike all religions in addition to believe they are all fake. People need to wake up a little. Hold people equally accountable.

4.) I genuinely furious at any group of people that abuse children. I think any organization such as the church which has allowed such a culture should be held to account. The current pope should step down (as we would expect any other lead of an organization to do) a full and transparent investigation should be done, and rules should be set in place to ensure it NEVER happens again.

clear enough for you? Do you see an alterior motive?

I'm an atheist and while I have nothing against people who follow religion, I believe they are all fake. I do, however take issue when people act as if their religion's doesn't stink equally to another, and when they don't hold people to account for actions.

Last edited by Sassicaia; 08-15-2018 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2018, 02:56 PM   #21
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Silence speaks volumes...again.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pope-f...use-by-priests
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 03:08 PM   #22
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
should be forced to resign. Remember the CEO of Uber was forced to resign because of a culture of sexual harassment?

Time for a new leader. This is supposed to be the closest person to god. Does that mean god is saying "shhhh.....best to sweep this under the rug again."
Appreciate 0