BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Honeymoon destinations

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-13-2019, 01:30 PM   #1
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
R3dliner's Avatar
United_States
841
Rep
1,906
Posts

Drives: 18 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Honeymoon destinations

Hey fam. Looking for some suggestions here. Love this forum seriously.
Here's my criteria i'm looking for
- 5 star resort
- all inclusive (open to non as well)
- 10k budget
- 5 nights min

Already been to maldives, bali, europe(no italy or greece), all the hot Caribbean spots. Considering right now Fiji, Bora Bora, Seychelles.

Inputs highly appreciated.

Last edited by R3dliner; 12-13-2019 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 01:43 PM   #2
m630
Captain
m630's Avatar
530
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: '19 X2 M35i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: nyc/li

iTrader: (0)

Save the extra flight time and go to Hawaii, it has everything youd find in the south Pacific.

For that short timeframe id say go to Kona. There are many resorts and you can find all inclusive.

But, id suggest the Four Seasons as its literally the most beautiful resort on the planet (and their #1 resort worldwide.)

U can probably swing 10K for the 5 nites and meals on property, just need to add some $$$for the airfare.
Appreciate 3
R3dliner840.50
AntF32184.00

      12-13-2019, 02:00 PM   #3
upstatedoc
pew pew
upstatedoc's Avatar
3537
Rep
2,004
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

sandy lane barbados?
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 1
R3dliner840.50

      12-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #4
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
R3dliner's Avatar
United_States
841
Rep
1,906
Posts

Drives: 18 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Save the extra flight time and go to Hawaii, it has everything youd find in the south Pacific.

For that short timeframe id say go to Kona. There are many resorts and you can find all inclusive.

But, id suggest the Four Seasons as its literally the most beautiful resort on the planet (and their #1 resort worldwide.)

U can probably swing 10K for the 5 nites and meals on property, just need to add some $$$for the airfare.
Thank you. Funny enough I was just talking about Hawaii with some friends.
Which island do you suggest? Maui would be on my list but i know nothing of the others.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #5
No one
Captain
298
Rep
845
Posts

Drives: F21 118i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Undisclosed

iTrader: (0)

Wink "Honeymoon destinations" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Already been to maldives, bali, europe(no italy or greece), all the hot Caribbean spots.
Plenty of honeymoon experience!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 02:06 PM   #6
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
R3dliner's Avatar
United_States
841
Rep
1,906
Posts

Drives: 18 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
sandy lane barbados?
Unfortunately I would only go back to turks & cacaos if it was in the Caribbean. Thank you for the suggestion though.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 02:07 PM   #7
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
R3dliner's Avatar
United_States
841
Rep
1,906
Posts

Drives: 18 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Plenty of honeymoon experience!
That's why its tougher now to choose because of the experience from those places.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 02:15 PM   #8
m630
Captain
m630's Avatar
530
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: '19 X2 M35i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: nyc/li

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Thank you. Funny enough I was just talking about Hawaii with some friends.
Which island do you suggest? Maui would be on my list but i know nothing of the others.
Kona is on the big Island (which is named Hawaii too)

Maui is very nice, but once you experience Kona you’ll never remember Maui.

I got married later in life and did 6nites Maui first then 6nites Kona and then 2 on Ohau as I was going to Pearl Harbor.

Im going back in 2 years for our 10th anny and we’re doing 10days all Kona, we started planning for it the day we got home, its just that special.


Good luck!
Appreciate 2
R3dliner840.50
Hawkeye1087.00

      12-13-2019, 03:42 PM   #9
Alfisti
Major
1077
Rep
1,292
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

I know you said all inclusive but man Nice has a lot going for it. You can lay on a beach and get someone to fetch drinks all day or you can day trips to several awesome places in under half an hr, and italy in a little over an hr. it's a superb base in the French Riviera and a great mix of do-nothingness and culture.

Win.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog2470.50

      12-13-2019, 03:51 PM   #10
gatorfast
Major General
gatorfast's Avatar
United_States
3119
Rep
6,186
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoFla

iTrader: (4)

Agree on Hawaii. Its so beautiful and has everything on your list. I would recommend staying on Maui.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 03:51 PM   #11
Commanderwiggin
Captain
Commanderwiggin's Avatar
United_States
690
Rep
609
Posts

Drives: 19 M2C;12 X5 35D;Turbo E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

My wife and I got married in the Cook Islands; Raratonga and (especially) Aitutaki are beautiful. I'm not sure about all inclusive but I tend to avoid them like the plague...seriously if you want quality, you do not go for all inclusive.

I think you've got one part right...somewhere in the French Polynesian Islands will be perfect.

Personally Hawaii is highly over-rated.
__________________
575RWHP F87 M2C - ECUTEK RACEROM with flex fuel tuning by Bend Calibration
1000+RWHP E46 M3, Lab22 Built Turbo S54, Bend Calibration Tuned - BMW Half Mile Record Holder
Appreciate 1
R3dliner840.50

      12-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #12
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
R3dliner's Avatar
United_States
841
Rep
1,906
Posts

Drives: 18 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
My wife and I got married in the Cook Islands; Raratonga and (especially) Aitutaki are beautiful. I'm not sure about all inclusive but I tend to avoid them like the plague...seriously if you want quality, you do not go for all inclusive.

I think you've got one part right...somewhere in the French Polynesian Islands will be perfect.

Personally Hawaii is highly over-rated.
ohhhh cook islands. I saw that on the map but didn't realize it was a resort destination. any specific places to look for? I'm open on the all inclusive things. We've been good all inclusive places and shitty ones.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 04:16 PM   #13
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
jlstyle's Avatar
235
Rep
1,727
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
My wife and I got married in the Cook Islands; Raratonga and (especially) Aitutaki are beautiful. I'm not sure about all inclusive but I tend to avoid them like the plague...seriously if you want quality, you do not go for all inclusive.

I think you've got one part right...somewhere in the French Polynesian Islands will be perfect.

Personally Hawaii is highly over-rated.
This is a solid suggestion - Aitutaki was prettier than French Polynesia in terms of "island atmosphere".
But if you are not into doing nothing, I suggest Fiji or FP over Cook.
Personally Moorea (one of islands of FP) offers bang for the buck which is a mixture of Hawaii+Bora Bora in fantastic over water bungalows. When choosing a resort, you must do your due diligence by carefully look into google map for the one with best part of the water island can offer. For instant, Sofitel in Moorea has better water than Rits in Bora Bora, also each over water bungalow can face different direction of the lagoon, so make sure to book the one that has most coral with bluest water in the google map. In FP, Bora Bora offers least amount of land so more boat time is required. In Moorea, land is ample so you can rent a ATV and ride that along the shoreline for about an hour to do your stuff.

If you want the really nice all around resort, Andaz Maui is one of the best.
If you want the less money for $$$$ experience, Andaz Mayakoba is fantastic. Because resort is rather new an executive suite can be had for pretty cheap and resort is so beautiful and HUGE with nobody on. So if you tip generously for first few days, you WILL BE THE KING of the resort. Chefs literally remembers all your preference and serve you the special menus, let alone bypassing workers will somehow know your last name and offer you the service as you pass. Also they have the PGA golf course which comes along with it

As for the all inclusive goes, I've never seen one in aforementioned islands but they do have the meal package which I think isn't necessary. Better to hop around and get the quality while you are there.

Last edited by jlstyle; 12-13-2019 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-13-2019, 04:30 PM   #14
ToddBlack88
Enlisted Member
72
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MC 2010 F650GS
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: North Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Unfortunately I would only go back to turks & cacaos if it was in the Caribbean. Thank you for the suggestion though.
Haha, I was going to say Turks. That’s where I went for my honeymoon,......years back.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 04:41 PM   #15
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
Hawkeye's Avatar
No_Country
1087
Rep
4,271
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Kona is on the big Island (which is named Hawaii too)

Maui is very nice, but once you experience Kona you’ll never remember Maui.

I got married later in life and did 6nites Maui first then 6nites Kona and then 2 on Ohau as I was going to Pearl Harbor.

Im going back in 2 years for our 10th anny and we’re doing 10days all Kona, we started planning for it the day we got home, its just that special.


Good luck!
Second this, went on my honeymoon and spent a week in Maui and a week on the big island/Hawaii Island. Hawaii island was by far our favorite as there is so much to do and such diversity of activities.

I am pretty sure the island itself is not called Kona but that Kona is a region of the big island.
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe • 6 MT • Black Saphire Metallic • PP • SP • Heated M Seats • Clutch Stop • Stubby
2008 R6 • Raven Black • GPR Steering Stabilizer • Comp Werks FE • Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2016 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 Premium Plus 4x4 • K&N CAI • Toyo G2 LT305/55R20
Appreciate 1
R3dliner840.50

      12-13-2019, 04:50 PM   #16
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5075
Rep
2,650
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Hey fam. Looking for some suggestions here. Love this forum seriously.
Here's my criteria i'm looking for
- 5 star resort
- all inclusive (open to non as well)
- 10k budget
- 5 nights min

Already been to maldives, bali, europe(no italy or greece), all the hot Caribbean spots. Considering right now Fiji, Bora Bora, Seychelles.

Inputs highly appreciated.
Look no further than here and save some of that cash while you're at it but it won't feel like you spared any expense!

https://www.barcelo.com/en-us/royal-...away-playacar/

We went here for our Honeymoon and have gone back multiple times. It is simply "Outstanding in every aspect imaginable"!
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/QAMZNzQ.jpg
Appreciate 1
R3dliner840.50

      12-13-2019, 06:02 PM   #17
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
R3dliner's Avatar
United_States
841
Rep
1,906
Posts

Drives: 18 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
This is a solid suggestion - Aitutaki was prettier than French Polynesia in terms of "island atmosphere".
But if you are not into doing nothing, I suggest Fiji or FP over Cook.
Personally Moorea (one of islands of FP) offers bang for the buck which is a mixture of Hawaii+Bora Bora in fantastic over water bungalows. When choosing a resort, you must do your due diligence by carefully look into google map for the one with best part of the water island can offer. For instant, Sofitel in Moorea has better water than Rits in Bora Bora, also each over water bungalow can face different direction of the lagoon, so make sure to book the one that has most coral with bluest water in the google map. In FP, Bora Bora offers least amount of land so more boat time is required. In Moorea, land is ample so you can rent a ATV and ride that along the shoreline for about an hour to do your stuff.

If you want the really nice all around resort, Andaz Maui is one of the best.
If you want the less money for $$$$ experience, Andaz Mayakoba is fantastic. Because resort is rather new an executive suite can be had for pretty cheap and resort is so beautiful and HUGE with nobody on. So if you tip generously for first few days, you WILL BE THE KING of the resort. Chefs literally remembers all your preference and serve you the special menus, let alone bypassing workers will somehow know your last name and offer you the service as you pass. Also they have the PGA golf course which comes along with it

As for the all inclusive goes, I've never seen one in aforementioned islands but they do have the meal package which I think isn't necessary. Better to hop around and get the quality while you are there.
Much appreciated on the detailed post but WOW sofitel moorea looks so nice. Putting this one the list
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 08:35 PM   #18
premier3is
Lieutenant
premier3is's Avatar
576
Rep
467
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

I'd say Bora Bora and stay in the overwater bungalows! Not sure if you've ever seen them but it looks different than most destinations and fun. They have tons there too.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 2
vreihen161171.50
R3dliner840.50

      12-13-2019, 08:58 PM   #19
carsbill
Private
United_States
6
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
Hawaii is where we just celebrated our 41st. We have been to all the islands and prefer Kauai and Kona. We did two islands - 10 days ( Maui and Kauai) for under 6K including airfare from Costco - upgraded to 4 stars all inclusive resorts as Four Seasons was booked full when we went. To me Maui is to crowded but if you want night life - it is the place. Peace and tranquility- it is Kauai. You can do helicopter excursions and also island hop for a day.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 09:12 PM   #20
e90335e36m3
Second Lieutenant
185
Rep
236
Posts

Drives: 19 M4CS; 14 Sonic
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

I will go against the grain and say don't go to Hawaii. Nothing like the new and completely unfamiliar. Hawaii will still feel like the US, doesn't matter. If you have to go, I recommend the Fairmont Kea Lani resort on Maui, excellent 5-star with great service and fits into your budget, even the suites. Definitely Hawaii is a cheaper alternative to Bora Bora or Fiji, but it still has the feeling of the US.

I suggest Bora Bora, never been myself but have traveled in Asia Pac extensively and the resort experiences are just different to what you will find in the US.
Appreciate 1
R3dliner840.50

      12-13-2019, 10:23 PM   #21
m630
Captain
m630's Avatar
530
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: '19 X2 M35i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: nyc/li

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
I will go against the grain and say don't go to Hawaii. Nothing like the new and completely unfamiliar. Hawaii will still feel like the US, doesn't matter.

Hawaii is one of the most geologically diverse regions on the planet, it is Nothing like any other place in the US

Black sand beaches, green sand beaches, the tallest volcano on Earth, lush tropical foliage, active volcanos and on and on ....yup, just like your backyard.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #22
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
R3dliner's Avatar
United_States
841
Rep
1,906
Posts

Drives: 18 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
I'd say Bora Bora and stay in the overwater bungalows! Not sure if you've ever seen them but it looks different than most destinations and fun. They have tons there too.
I love overwater bungalows.
We've stayed at one this past may at maldives.

Last edited by R3dliner; 12-14-2019 at 12:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST