BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board So if you had $50K to invest, where would you put it?

06-19-2020, 04:52 AM   #1695
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
I think he did what was best to raise $40M in capital. Floating around non-compliance wouldn't draw a lot of serious investors. Doing the 1:3 @ $5+ and then the DO got him the capital he needed.

I was curious so I did some digging in XSPA's SEC filings. The split and the DO were both published in SEC filings well before they happened. This DO was filed in a proxy statement to the SEC on 5/6/2020 and the BOD vote was on 5/28/2020, so anyone surprised by it isn't doing their homework. The interesting part is the DO was offered to fund day to day operations. That should scare people. If something doesn't pop to generate free cash flow, they won't be able to make payroll let alone install fancy gadgets in airports.
That's why I always say...know what you own. I voted for the R/S since I was a share holder. If you look, they also qualified for the small business loan for payroll purposes I believe. I agree with what you posted. He did what he did knowing that that was the best way to bring attention to the company by the bigger investors. That DO at a price higher than what the stock closed at the previous day was "sucked up" immediately.

They have already installed the fancy gadgets in JFK. It's supposed to open by the end of this month. I am sure they will be generating revenue once that starts. Before this came they had posted jobs in that area. Now they have job postings in other areas with major airport hubs.

Hey.....if it flops...it flops. I made my investment + my 20%. The rest I let ride as it's "house money". And it's up almost 300% right now. But if they pull it off as I strongly feel like they will...all I need is it to go up to around $12 a share..... and I make 6 figures.

I can see that happen if they announce they have the Port Authority and possibly one other airport such as ATL under contract.

And let me say one more time.....do your research. Back then was I scared.....I will admit I was a little skeptical. A "Spa" business...LOL. But as I dug more and more into it....I started slowly seeing the bigger picture. You still have people thinking that they are only screening for Covid. The CEO noticed that this was a business model that didn't have any competition...and could fill a void and become a part of the normal routine. But people don't do their homework and blindly jump into something and then ask..."What is this exactly?". That is plain ignorance.

When I first alerted people to this......"I don't feel like going back and looking"....it was selling for nothing. All the pieces of the puzzle where there. Was it still a gamble. Yes. As it went along...I grew more comfortable with it.

That is why I am where I am at today. Who knows...it could all blow up in my face. It was a fun ride!

None of my retirement funds go to this. I am maxed out on everything I can. None of these stocks are based on a certain percentage of what my investment strategy is. It is nothing more than a risky game for me.

I decided one day to put a certain amount of money into an account...and see where I could take it. It was money that if I lost....it would not hurt me. I took out my initial investment long ago and put it back in my savings account. Every bit of cash I gain or lose is not going to affect my original position before going into this crazy game.

So I don't look at it the same way that I would scrutinize my long term investments as none of it would make any sense!

Last edited by Rmtt; 06-19-2020 at 05:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 04:54 AM   #1696
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Hahahahaha, I got called a fucking idiot on stocktwitz for selling BIOC at .97 with a purchase price of .44. You can't make this up. I owned the stock for 22 days.
Like I said...people over there are idiots. Being greedy is what kills most of them. I have never regretted getting out of a stock with gains like that.

I could have stayed in Gnus....but I doubled my money and left. If I would have stayed...I could have made a ton more. But why tempt fate? You can't let emotions get involved in this.
      06-19-2020, 05:45 AM   #1697
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think he did what was best to raise $40M in capital. Floating around non-compliance wouldn't draw a lot of serious investors. Doing the 1:3 @ $5+ and then the DO got him the capital he needed.

I was curious so I did some digging in XSPA's SEC filings. The split and the DO were both published in SEC filings well before they happened. This DO was filed in a proxy statement to the SEC on 5/6/2020 and the BOD vote was on 5/28/2020, so anyone surprised by it isn't doing their homework. The interesting part is the DO was offered to fund day to day operations. That should scare people. If something doesn't pop to generate free cash flow, they won't be able to make payroll let alone install fancy gadgets in airports.

Also....just thinking a little more about this from the interview he gave yesterday.

Over 500 tests per day (His words) Let's say each test is $100.
That is 500 tests x$100 = $50k a day
$50k x 30 days = 1.5mil a month
$1.5m per month x 12 months = $18M a year with only one location.

Now add in more locations. Who knows what the final statement shows after operating costs...but I can see it being a profitable venture. And that does not include the other services that want to offer.

I know...it's a grasp at things....but quick insight into how this could turn out.
      06-19-2020, 06:45 AM   #1698
corn18
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
2014 Jeep Wrangler 2D  [0.00]
2015 Chevy 2500HD  [0.00]
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
XSPA burn rate is $2M a month. Your back of the napkin analysis is gross revenue. It should include COGS and capital before you get to cash. Cash is king in a business that small.

My intent with all of this is not to discourage the investment for a quick flip. I only know value investing. I can read balance sheets and understand how to run a big business. These small businesses that lose money for many years baffle me. When we had one of those in our holding company, we either sold it or shut it down.
Littlebear3511.50
      06-19-2020, 07:14 AM   #1699
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
XSPA burn rate is $2M a month. Your back of the napkin analysis is gross revenue. It should include COGS and capital before you get to cash. Cash is king in a business that small.

My intent with all of this is not to discourage the investment for a quick flip. I only know value investing. I can read balance sheets and understand how to run a big business. These small businesses that lose money for many years baffle me. When we had one of those in our holding company, we either sold it or shut it down.
I understand. I was just giving an example of what one location is possible of.

And I stated after operating costs who knows as I don't know what COS and P&L could end up coming to to after it is off and running?

I am not recommending anything I buy to anyone.

This "small business" can run for as long as it wants regardless of how things are supposed to operate...I will just cash out once I can get 6 figures cleared including my Capital Gains Tax allowance.

And if it only took me 6 months to accomplish that...I'm fine!
      06-19-2020, 07:34 AM   #1700
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Also...please don't take anything I say as argumentative. I don't want to come across wrong, but I can be blunt sometimes and unyielding.

I see it as healthy conversation. And I agree with you. Never in a million years would I think I would be doing anything like what I am doing now. I still look in amazement as this is basically a "start-up" and honestly something I would have never done.

I am responsible for most of the purchasing in our facility...everything but raw materials. I am also in charge of all Capital Projects. I know all about managing operating costs, and managing projects within a budget.

Most of the Capital Project are implemented by me and I have to show why it would be beneficial, ROI, and then stay at cost.

You know us "Engineering folk" always operate in the "red" as what we do does not directly affect the bottom line in a way that is easily seen.

By nature...I am a very cheap and fiscally conservative person. We still budget our expenses on what we were bringing in 15 years ago. My peers all live in huge houses, drive the latest cars, and worry what happens if this virus eventually impacts our business and we have to make cuts.

I enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that everything I have is paid for. I have a big emergency fund...probably more than I should have, and am usually slow to react to something like what I am doing now.

But so far it has been successful for me. If I would have lost my initial investment awhile back..... I would not still be in this game.
      06-19-2020, 07:44 AM   #1701
corn18
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
I just had no idea there were so many companies that have gone from high fliers to garbage and then hang around for years. I guess it's a product of VC putting money anywhere and everywhere. It only takes one to hit for them to get rich. When the cheap money dries up, they will all go away.

Not a condemnation of making a quick buck on their stock.
      06-19-2020, 08:01 AM   #1702
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just had no idea there were so many companies that have gone from high fliers to garbage and then hang around for years. I guess it's a product of VC putting money anywhere and everywhere. It only takes one to hit for them to get rich. When the cheap money dries up, they will all go away.

Not a condemnation of making a quick buck on their stock.
This right here. I can't see the stuff that is going on as it is to continue indefinitely.

Use to be the only type of manipulation you would see going on would be with the Commodities Market.

No way I would touch them even now.
      06-19-2020, 09:28 AM   #1703
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

My PRPO purchase is already green! Can anyone share their expectations for this stock, pls?
I see two analysts online for PRPO, both say BUY. Other sites go from "strong sell" (superstockscreener) to most saying buy. Targets are from $1.94 to $4.15.

Murf

Last edited by Littlebear; 06-19-2020 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #1704
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
My PRPO purchase is already green! Can anyone share their expectations for this stock, pls?
I see two analysts online for PRPO, both say BUY. Other sites go from "strong sell" (superstockscreener) to most saying buy. Targets are from $1.94 to $4.15.

Murf
From a few days ago when I posted. I don't feel like typing it all again! LOL

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...postcount=1558

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...postcount=1592

But honestly......when looking at the chart last time...first resistance was $1.63 and second resistance was at $1.91.

So if they release positive news and have enough volume....that should the price it heads for. I have been holding for about a week I think. I bought when my scanner first alerted me because of the low float. I think 2-3 weeks and it will go.

**Edit** If it breaks through the second resistance point....there is no telling how high it could go!

Last edited by Rmtt; 06-19-2020 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3511.50
      06-19-2020, 10:40 AM   #1705
corn18
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:

Murf
They are in debt up to their eyeballs. They were at $173 three years ago. At least they are only losing $15M a year on $3M / year revenue. What's not to like?
      06-19-2020, 10:49 AM   #1706
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
They are in debt up to their eyeballs. They were at $173 three years ago. At least they are only losing $15M a year on $3M / year revenue. What's not to like?
I think we're in these penny stock for a quick flip. Don't think we care how they are doing for long term. But thanks for your input.

Do you think I should get into Boeing or are they in deep shit too?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 10:52 AM   #1707
corn18
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
I think we're in these penny stock for a quick flip. Don't think we care how they are doing for long term. But thanks for your input.

Do you think I should get into Boeing or are they in deep shit too?
I see. This is only for people who want to talk about penny stocks and quick flips. I must have misread the topic.
      06-19-2020, 10:55 AM   #1708
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Thanks Corn,
This is my first venture into penny/day trading type stuff (except for BELFA, which trades ~ $10. now). And I tend to be conservative & buy a day late, which makes things difficult.

Murf (searching for the next non-profiting Amazon!)

PS: The NYT had an article on "The race to Penny Stocks", or something similar, recently. It mostly talked about Hertz, but also about what day traders are up to.
I can't find the article now....
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 10:56 AM   #1709
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Crazy isn't it?

Sounds kind of like the last 10+ stocks I have bought and sold since Mid-February that have netted me between 20%-300% each time.

Again...I can't give you a reason for it. But it's happening.
      06-19-2020, 11:00 AM   #1710
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Corn,
This is my first venture into penny/day trading type stuff (except for BELFA, which trades ~ $10. now). And I tend to be conservative & buy a day late, which makes things difficult.

Murf (searching for the next non-profiting Amazon!)

Don't feel alone. I never used to buy anything that wasn't intended for 20+ years later!
      06-19-2020, 11:13 AM   #1711
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I see. This is only for people who want to talk about penny stocks and quick flips. I must have misread the topic.
Maybe we should start a new thread? I don't want anyone in here getting upset or attacked from anything I post.

When it comes to Long Term investing, I would hope that everyone would already have that strategy worked out as it is the most important one.

The stuff this thread has turned into should only be done by those who are literally looking at this like "gambling". And it should be done with money that you can afford to lose. I have stated that many times.

I don't condone or condemn it....just putting out there what I am doing as it seemed there was some interest in it. I don't want anyone blindly following me. I was just listing what I am getting into, a few reasons why I am doing so, and telling others to do their own homework and decide for themselves as I was actually doing very well with it.

I have friends that do this for a living. Buy and sell in large "blocks" everyday and make a very good living. Myself...I prefer to buy something that takes a few weeks to develop so that I have time to look at it from all angles.
      06-19-2020, 11:14 AM   #1712
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

UAVS is just chilling these past few days...I am thinking about averaging down here during power hour.

Expecting an 80% return here next week. Will see.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 12.12.57 PM.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  149.2 KB
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 11:16 AM   #1713
corn18
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Don't need another thread. Just need to be tolerant.
      06-19-2020, 11:17 AM   #1714
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
UAVS is just chilling these past few days...I am thinking about averaging down here during power hour.

Expecting an 80% return here next week. Will see.
It's what I consider an accumulation period. I have seen it happen quite a bit with other stocks.

But this is predictive trading.

Look at the buying vs. selling volume. 52+K people with buying bids in, and only 3K people with sell orders in. Edit- And then it "flips"...just that quickly. MM's holding it down!

Last edited by Rmtt; 06-19-2020 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 11:31 AM   #1715
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I got out of DYNT yesterday. Triggered my sell order at .99 and later spiked (after hours I think) to like 1.28. Still made 24% on that one so I'm good.

Now just need to get out of some other stuff so I can get into new stuff. Currently still holding:

CHFS
UAVS
TNXP
XSPA (got in waaaay too late)

Got orders ready to sell at 25% for TNXP, UAVS and CHFS in case they run when I'm not paying attention.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 11:41 AM   #1716
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I got out of DYNT yesterday. Triggered my sell order at .99 and later spiked (after hours I think) to like 1.28. Still made 24% on that one so I'm good.

Now just need to get out of some other stuff so I can get into new stuff. Currently still holding:

CHFS
UAVS
TNXP
XSPA (got in waaaay too late)

Got orders ready to sell at 25% for TNXP, UAVS and CHFS in case they run when I'm not paying attention.
TNXP has meeting on Monday.

Xspa from what I have read is now accepting appointments beginning next Monday for their service in JFK. That should get interesting.

CHFS is a "Covid Play" and all about news. But it's getting long for me too. I may step out sideways as I can put the money into something else. As soon as I do..something will happen..LOL.

UAV's I am holding as I still see it consolidating. And it's being heavily manipulated right now. But once the "shorts" dry up....I see this one being a pleasant surprise.