BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Modded 335i vs Modded M5

09-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #67
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
E46 M3 has a high seating position? NOT

Its actually much lower than the E90 / E92

I own the E46 M3 and had 2 E90s so you are 100% wrong about this
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #68
dagjohnsen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325dM Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwirelessguy View Post
E46 M3 has a high seating position? NOT

Its actually much lower than the E90 / E92

I own the E46 M3 and had 2 E90s so you are 100% wrong about this

OK, I have had E46 and now E92. Just drove the M3 CS at the Ring, so pissed about the high seatingposition! So I have my own opinion here and dont care what you say.
You have to come up with proof to say Im 100% wrong my friend. If you do I will buy you a beer!

My main point is that the E92 drives WAY better than the E46, do you want to argue on that too?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 12:23 AM   #69
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagjohnsen View Post
OK, I have had E46 and now E92. Just drove the M3 CS at the Ring, so pissed about the high seatingposition! So I have my own opinion here and dont care what you say.
You have to come up with proof to say Im 100% wrong my friend. If you do I will buy you a beer!

My main point is that the E92 drives WAY better than the E46, do you want to argue on that too?
I haven't been able to find someone anywhere that had anything bad to say about the E46 M3 other than the somewhat harsh ride. Maybe you just don't have the skills to drive it confidently?

Before I knew about the 335, I was without a doubt going for the E46 M3. Ah well.
      09-23-2007, 06:17 AM   #70
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

LOL at this thread..I like how some guys are like "you can't see anything" the vids are fake blah blah.. Well I was there so I saw first hand what happend.Also the M's were trying in P500 BOTH of them at the SAME TIME!.Also Being an Ex E46 M3 owner my stock M3 handled better then my Stock 335 but After my upgrades it's the other way around because the E92 chassis is newer and better thats just the way life goes.Would I Choose the New M3 over a 335 personally no I don't think after all the bad reviews it's getting that it's all that, and I rather spend the extra money modding my car but thats just me.Also just because it's an M doesn't automatically mean it's better! Thats even been said in the reviews of the new M "It's not as hard eged as it used to be" thats what alot of those folks are saying.Also about the whole loss in value crap, please since when is any car an "Investment" are you kidding me? Well in that case I'll still take my 335 and invest the money I would have spent on the the M and make money on that DONE.What else do you have to say nothing because no matter how you slice it they are still the same damn car just with different out of the box performance thats all.It's not that hard.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #71
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagjohnsen View Post

You can have your opinion about anything but the facts are the facts.
The E46 M3 has a lower seating position

In stock form the only way the E92 drives better is the fact that its got a smoother ride, less harsh of a suspension

But for me thats not better

Since you are not able to enjoy the CLS for what it is maybe you should sell it to a true enthusiast
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #72
dagjohnsen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325dM Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwirelessguy View Post
You can have your opinion about anything but the facts are the facts.
The E46 M3 has a lower seating position

In stock form the only way the E92 drives better is the fact that its got a smoother ride, less harsh of a suspension

But for me thats not better

Since you are not able to enjoy the CLS for what it is maybe you should sell it to a true enthusiast
When we are instructing people at the Ring we are 6-8 guys, its common between all of us regarding the high seating position in the M3, not just me.
Also about how that car rides. Its not something I made up.
I felt the same thing in my E46 325i sedan. Not good.

I always lower the seat to the lowest possible position in any car, so Im kind of into sittin low, really important to me to feel the car better.

By the way, its not a CSL, but a CS. And its one of the other instructors driving it. He loves it, but I can almost follow his pace around the Ring with my wifes Golf GT 190 HP, so his speed is not extreme.

About being a true enthusiast, its not neccessary to insult me. Im not a racing driver by far, but I do love trackdriving and would say I have a good feeling with a car and how it handles.
I can tell you when it comes to cars I really am enthusiastic, but I can enjoy any car, doesnt have to a certain brand or model, as long as it handles well.

And Im not afraid to dislike a car or model that other people love. Im true to my feelings.

And about stiff vs soft suspetion, I like both, but the car must handle well and communicate with me so I can give 100%.

Some cars are like that, the M5, all "normal BMWs I have driven at the Ring except my own E46 325i and the E46 M3 (terrible ride imo), all Porsches have been super, the best ride I ever had was in a 997 GT3 and thats not a soft car. But it was just perfect! The owner thought we did a sub 8 minutes lap.
The new E92 gives me the same kind of good feeling and I feel you can push it right to its limits without any drama.

Jaja, I guess there is noone here that talks my language, but we can agree to have different opinions on the same car, cant we?
Appreciate 0