BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2015

05-24-2015, 08:55 AM   #45
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
are you f***ing kidding me?
      05-24-2015, 08:56 AM   #46
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
Monaco is boring, they said.
Mercedes had found a new way to make Monaco more exciting in the most ridiculous way.

one of the most "unworthy" winner in Monaco.
      05-24-2015, 08:58 AM   #47
E9TOU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
Wow! Mercedes really eff'd Hamilton this time. I'd be scared to be in that garage right now.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 09:10 AM   #48
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
      05-24-2015, 09:14 AM   #49
Timujin
Major
Rep
Drives: GMC Sierra

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
I just wasted 2 hours of my morning. I could have just dropped a poop in the toilet and sat there looking at it floating for 2 hours.
      05-24-2015, 09:52 AM   #50
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Mercedes “sorry” for Hamilton’s race-losing pit stop

Mercedes “sorry” for Hamilton’s race-losing pit stop

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/05/2...sing-pit-stop/

Mercedes executive director Toto Wolff apologised to Lewis Hamilton after a pit strategy error cost him an almost-certain victory in the Monaco Grand Prix.

Hamilton was leading comfortably when Mercedes chose to bring him into the pits during a late Safety Car period. It proved a misjudgement which cost him the race, allowing Nico Rosberg and Sebastian Vettel past.

“There is nothing else to do than apologise to Lewis,” said Wolff, “it was a misjudgement in the heat of the moment”.

“I’m sorry for Lewis that we made the mistake and I’m sorry for Lewis. It should have been a perfect one-two today. We made a decision and it was the wrong decision. We need to analyse it and to apologise to Lewis.”

“I’m sure we’ll sit down afterwards and try and think of ways we can improve,” said Hamilton after the podium ceremony.

“It was not the easiest of races,” he added. “The team has been amazing all year long. We win and lose together. I’m just grateful for the job they did. Congratulations to Nico and Sebastian.”
      05-24-2015, 09:53 AM   #51
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Rosberg admits he “got lucky” with Monaco win

Rosberg admits he “got lucky” with Monaco win

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/05/2...th-monaco-win/

Nico Rosberg said his Monaco Grand Prix win involved “a lot of luck” after taking the lead when team mate Lewis Hamilton made an unnecessary pit stop.

“I know that I got lucky today so I’ll just enjoy the moment now,” said Rosberg. “But I need to work hard because Lewis was a little bit stronger this weekend, need to work hard for the next race, for sure.”

“Lewis drove brilliantly and he also would have deserved the win, for sure,” he added. “But that’s the way it is in racing. I’m definitely extremely happy and going to make the most of it.”

Rosberg said he had “no idea” whether Mercedes considered bringing him in for a pit stop as they did with Hamilton. “As always we’re in the car and it’s very difficult to judge what decisions are being made and things like that.”

Rosberg’s victory was his second in a row this year and moves him within ten points of Hamilton in the championship.
      05-24-2015, 09:55 AM   #52
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Nico Rosberg wins in Monaco as strategy blunder costs Lewis Hamilton victory

Nico Rosberg wins in Monaco as strategy blunder costs Lewis Hamilton victory

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...ewis-hamilton-

Lewis Hamilton was denied what should have been a comfortable victory at the Monaco Grand Prix after an inexplicable pit call under a late safety car handed victory to team-mate Nico Rosberg.

Hamilton led comfortably for 63 laps until Max Verstappen crashed heavily trying to overtake Romain Grosjean at Sainte Devote. A safety car was deployed to allow the marshals to extricate the Toro Rosso from the barrier, leading to an unusual strategic decision for car 44.

Since the first practice on Friday the teams and drivers had been preparing for a single pit stop race, but Mercedes and Hamilton opted to pit for new tyres under the safety car. The decision shuffled Hamilton down to third and, despite the advantage of new rubber when the race restarted, he was unable to find a way past Sebastian Vettel, who had moved up to second.

Hamilton looked distraught as he climbed out of his car for the podium celebrations while Rosberg could not help but hide his enthusiasm for a third consecutive victory in his home town. Hamilton walked away from the celebrations without spilling a drop of champagne, but was gracious in defeat saying the team wins and loses together. Rosberg admitted his team-mate deserved victory.

Apart from the pit stop blunder, Hamilton did nothing wrong all afternoon after making a perfect start from pole position while Rosberg came under threat from Vettel on the inside. The Ferrari got close to taking second as it went wheel-to-wheel with Rosberg into Sainte Devote, but a jab of throttle and a small slide lost Vettel momentum on the uphill stretch to Beau Rivage while Rosberg remained committed around the outside and emerged several car lengths behind Hamilton in second.

From that point on Hamilton's victory should not have come under threat and his attention early in the race was focused on managing brake temperatures rather than the silver and green Mercedes getting increasingly smaller in his wing mirrors. After a series of laps lifting and coasting, the Mercedes pit wall gave Hamilton the all clear with his brakes and on lap 20 and he picked up the pace again before his first pit stop.

Things were less serene further down the grid as the almost-mandatory first lap collision came on the run down to Mirabeau. Nico Hulkenberg managed to position his Force India on the outside of Fernando Alonso but was squeezed wide and into the barrier, losing his front wing in the process. Alonso was issued with a five-second penalty at his single pit stop, but in the end it was of little impact as his McLaren suffered a technical issue and peeled off into the run off at Sainte Devote on lap 42.

Verstappen started the race in the same vein as he finished it as he clipped the rear of Pastor Maldonado's Lotus under braking for the Nouvelle Chicane on lap six and then passed with a bold move on the inside of Sainte Devote on lap seven. However, Verstappen's day was about to take a turn for the worse as his right rear took a long time to change at his first pit stop. But rather than spend the rest of the race looking at the rear of Valtteri Bottas' Williams in 13th, Toro Rosso adopted an aggressive strategy and pitted him a second time for super-soft tyres.

Verstappen then went on the attack by tucking himself behind Vettel, who was running third and a lap ahead, and following the Ferrari past Carlos Sainz and Valtteri Bottas with the help of blue flags. He tried the same on Grosjean at Loews, but the Lotus driver was wise to the situation and managed to keep Verstappen behind. The 17-year-old was not put off, however, and continued to use his fresher tyres to attack. After a couple of laps of planning his move, Verstappen finally tried to force the situation at Sainte Devote and made heavy contact with the left-rear of the Lotus. The Toro Rosso was launched into the air before slamming hard into the barriers. Fortunately he walked away without any obvious injuries, but the incident turned the race on its head.

In the post-race press conference Hamilton said the first call from the team was to stay out on track under the safety car, but he was convinced the two cars behind him had pitted too. As it turned out, Hamilton was alone in pitting and he emerged from the pits just behind Vettel on the run up to Beau Rivage with the safety car still monitoring the pace of the pack. From that point on there was nothing Hamilton could do, and despite attacking Vettel initially on the restart, he was unable to make a move stick.

In the battle for fourth, Daniel Ricciardo used new tyres after the safety car to barge his way past Kimi Raikkonen at Mirabeau and was then given a free pass on team-mate Daniil Kvyat to try to attack the top three. He closed on Hamilton, but the team asked him to let Kvyat back through once it became clear a passing move on the Mercedes was not possible.
      05-24-2015, 10:07 AM   #53
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Whatever idiot made that 'decision' needs to lose their job. Complete madness to do such a thing unless telemetry showed that a tyre was going flat.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:17 AM   #54
EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

What a mess, Lew was robbed.
My boy Max had a great race, shame about the botched pit stop and the crash into Grosjean.
      05-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #55
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
      05-24-2015, 10:56 AM   #56
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
Whatever idiot made that 'decision' needs to lose their job. Complete madness to do such a thing unless telemetry showed that a tyre was going flat.
Not even Hamilton was complaining losing grip.
He usually always the one complaining losing tire grip, and the pitwall tells him several more laps.
      05-24-2015, 10:57 AM   #57
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Lewis Hamilton: You have to rely on the team

Lewis Hamilton: You have to rely on the team

http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/story/_/i...sts-monaco-win

Lewis Hamilton says he had full confidence in Mercedes when he made the pit stop which cost him what looked like a routine victory at the Monaco Grand Prix but refused to blame his team, saying "we win and lose together."

Having led away from pole, Hamilton was cruising to the flag when the safety car came out on lap 63, when Mercedes called him into the pits. The unusual decision saw him emerge behind Nico Rosberg and Sebastian Vettel and he was unable to get past the Ferrari in the closing laps.

After the race, a visibly upset Hamilton remained gracious in defeat.

"It was not the easiest of races," Hamilton said on the podium. "The team has done amazing all year long and we win and we lose together, I'm just grateful for the job that they did and congratulations to Nico and Sebastian."

Asked how he will respond having lost his chance at a first Monaco win since 2008, the world champion simply replied: "Come back to win the next one."

In the post-race press conference Hamilton explained what happened in more detail and said confusion on his own part may have contributed to the call, but that it was ultimately Mercedes' decision to bring him into the pits.

"To be honest it happened so fast I didn't really know what was going on. It was a good race up until then. I can't really express the way I feel at the moment so I won't even attempt to. You rely on your team and I saw a screen and it looked like the team was out, so I thought Nico had pitted. Obviously I couldn't see the guys behind so I thought the guys behind were pitting.

"When the team said to stay out I said that these tyres were going to drop in temperature and what I was assuming was these guys would be on options, and I was on the harder tyre, so they said to pit. So without thinking I came in with full confidence that the others had done the same."

In the TV pen after the post-race press conference, Hamilton was asked if Mercedes' apology was enough, and he nodded and said: "Yes."
      05-24-2015, 11:06 AM   #58
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
      05-24-2015, 11:08 AM   #59
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
      05-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #60
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
One of the funniest endings in a long time. I thought maybe Hamilton was going to refuse to get out his car and just sit there while they awarded the trophies. At lease it makes it all more competitive.
      05-24-2015, 11:20 AM   #61
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Its about time to get rid of that garbage monaco race. In any other track even with the blunder hamilton would have still been able to overtake and win easily. Monaco should have been scrapped off the F1 calendar long ago
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 11:24 AM   #62
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
      05-24-2015, 11:25 AM   #63
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros
Its about time to get rid of that garbage monaco race. In any other track even with the blunder hamilton would have still been able to overtake and win easily. Monaco should have been scrapped off the F1 calendar long ago
Monaco is old and not that nice. But it's a filthy rich place, and Bernie never argues with the filthy rich.
      05-24-2015, 12:09 PM   #64
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

That one ranks up there with the great colossal sporting mistakes of all time. It did make for an interesting finish in a race that was mostly static, but dumb mistakes like that from the team really leave the victory hollow. If HAM had made an error, that's one thing. But to have his race blown by a dumb split-second decision by management just sux.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 12:32 PM   #65
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
That one ranks up there with the great colossal sporting mistakes of all time. It did make for an interesting finish in a race that was mostly static, but dumb mistakes like that from the team really leave the victory hollow. If HAM had made an error, that's one thing. But to have his race blown by a dumb split-second decision by management just sux.
Un-fucking-believable....

How in the world could the entire Mercedes team not know WTF was going on? They knew they weren't going to pit Rosberg so why pit Hamilton? He didn't need it!

That level of incompetence needs to be met with a very heavy hand!

What should have been a 27 point lead is now 10.

How does LH not question every pit wall decision for the rest of the year?
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 01:30 PM   #66
acechardukian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
One of the funniest endings in a long time. I thought maybe Hamilton was going to refuse to get out his car and just sit there while they awarded the trophies. At lease it makes it all more competitive.
I was at the race and I thought the same thing. As soon as he pitted and I saw he came out in third I knew he was going to be extremely upset. In the parade lap after the race, he was literally 30+ seconds behind anyone else so clearly he was upset. It was like watching him in slow motion as he got out too.
Appreciate 0