BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Entertainment/Travel up or down after COVID-19 is past?

04-11-2020, 07:59 AM   #45
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
We are just scratching the surface people, just scratching the surface. TBH it's been over for a long time but I refuse to allow another man to parent my boys in this environment. She cannot stand being alone so within months i'd be sharing parenting with some stranger who will no doubt raise the boys very differently to my somewhat old fashioned stance that considerate masculinity is still ok in an emasculated world.

TBh the covid thing has seen things improved, i was prepared, stocked up early, have an escape plan arranged and she seems to appreciate the forethought and care I have taken to put these safeguards in place.
How old are your kids? Good for you for being strong for them.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 11:51 AM   #46
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Sorry being so OT but anyways.

Kids are 8 and 4, wife and sister in law are classic upper middle class neurotic types who will raise weak men. now to be clear, I sit a bit further left than the god and guns crowd here, say centre right in Canada but closer to a true centrist. So i am not some hard core F150 with a gun rack type of guy, I am talking more about the notion that everything is the fault of white men and the push by minority groups of all kinds to ask for more whilst my kids will likely pay taxes up the rear end to cover everyone's niche needs.

They need guidance on how to be respectful, moral and polite but not to be afraid on their own judgement and who they are. Truth be told, I was not a strong young man, looking at photos I was a good looking lad, and physically strong as an ox but had no confidence and married the first girl that showed serious interest in me. I need my boys to grow up with the confidence to walk away if it doesn't feel right or they risk a life of pain.

This doesn't mean hitting the gym hard and not crying or whatever, it means recognising when you need to look after your own interest and know that at times you need to be confident enough to go your own way.

As a somewhat silly example, i absolutely REFUSE to have my boys pee sitting down. Now i know they make a mess but I am teaching them how to clean it but it's a signal to them that their manhood is wrong, they need to sit in subversance. I won't let it happen. They were born to pee standing and hey will pee standing.

The kids have been spoilt, sheltered and showered with toys, and I am constantly fighting that battle, if i am not around and a "yes man" enters the scene, i fear for them because i will be the bad guy given I am harder on them and look to their futures, a little tough love so to speak.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8208.00
King Rudi13154.00
      04-13-2020, 08:07 AM   #47
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

The kids have been spoilt, sheltered and showered with toys, and I am constantly fighting that battle, if i am not around and a "yes man" enters the scene, i fear for them because i will be the bad guy given I am harder on them and look to their futures, a little tough love so to speak.
I speak from experience here as my ex-wife has been trying to replace me for the past 11 years. Take solace in the fact that most men these days are not the push-overs we were when we were younger. My ex spoiled my two boys. She let them get away with murder and tried to instill the mentality that everyone is your friend. My boys now realize through heartache, not everyone is your friend; in fact, very few people are your friends and even fewer couldn't care less about your existence. It took a few years, but the boys are now both working and going to school and realize how full of shit their mother is. Don't get me wrong, they still love her and I still push for them to have a good relationship with her, but they also understand reality versus the bullshit fairy tale she lead them to believe since birth.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 09:55 AM   #48
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
How long until it's safe to get a lap dance?