02-19-2017, 11:07 AM   #925
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I am scheduled for a class that's 11-8pm next Saturday I am excited to learn and to always continue to learn.

I've been riding horses 19 years. I STILL take lessons every Sunday. Why? I am classified as an "expert" however, I feel, even the best can always learn and continue to learn.
Very nice Sara ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #926
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I don't open carry except when hiking, but I conceal carry with an outside waist band holster most of the time.
Looks good my friend !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      02-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #927
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Are you going to miss NC . I'm sorry you have to move
Of course. NC is a beautiful state and made a lot of really good friends here. Has felt like a second home for sure, but OH is a new adventure and will repeat the process there.

I'll be closer to family, sister is expecting around July, already have one niece who is hilarious. All good things.
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2017, 11:56 AM   #928
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Ok any guesses how long before Sara shoots someone?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 12:00 PM   #929
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Ok any guesses how long before Sara shoots someone?
Hopefully never. Don't touch me, don't threaten, don't make me feel like I'm going to die.

Please watch The First 48 "in a lonely place" you'll see why Jessica is always packing.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 12:15 PM   #930
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Of course. NC is a beautiful state and made a lot of really good friends here. Has felt like a second home for sure, but OH is a new adventure and will repeat the process there.

I'll be closer to family, sister is expecting around July, already have one niece who is hilarious. All good things.
William ..Where is your new home ?

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #931
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
William ..Where is your new home ?
In Ohio near silvergray545.
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2017, 02:10 PM   #932
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
In Ohio near silvergray545.
Nice to hear William you have already a BP friend in Ohio ,I'm sure silvergray is a good guy and also a car freak
And of course I wish you success and good luck in Ohio, while I know moving is always a lot of work .
Let me know my old friend how it goes over there..

-Philippe or Ambiorix (not Belgie)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Axius4202.00
      02-19-2017, 03:11 PM   #933
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Nice to hear William you have already a BP friend in Ohio ,I'm sure silvergray is a good guy and also a car freak
And of course I wish you success and good luck in Ohio, while I know moving is always a lot of work .
Let me know my old friend how it goes over there..

- Belgie (not Philippe or Ambiorix)
FTFY
Appreciate 1
Axius4202.00
      02-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #934
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quick question - especially to Moddie and Tonka who seem to have carried the longest (or at least the most vocal about it )

Of however many years you've carried for, has there ever (honestly) been a situation (or more than once) where you honestly thought you might have to use your firearm? Does it happen often?

It is just a foreign concept to me - it's not to say that criminals respect the gun laws up here, they don't, but at the same time, I've honestly never wished to have a gun on me because I felt I might need it. Trying to wrap my head around it.

Admittedly, I have wished I could carry when I walk in the forest, but that is just for animal control should it ever happen. I've never seen a bear, only one wolf / coyote (honestly couldn't tell which - either a huge coyote or a thin, but appropriately tall wolf), but it would give me a feeling of security. Is that the mindset though that you have when you move out in society? Because it seems....sad? Almost a "why choose to live in such a society - why not move somewhere safer"?

Don't mean that to be offensive - it is simply a foreign concept and I'm trying to understand the rationale.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #935
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
FTFY
Yeah you really fixed that for me !
Honestly I expected nothing else from you like usual ..
And finally it's normal you see me as an enemy..But I'm ready and my sword is sharpened !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 03:48 PM   #936
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
I am scheduled for a class that's 11-8pm next Saturday I am excited to learn and to always continue to learn.

I've been riding horses 19 years. I STILL take lessons every Sunday. Why? I am classified as an "expert" however, I feel, even the best can always learn and continue to learn.
Aside from your plans, that pic is top notch cute

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2017, 03:53 PM   #937
Golddots
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Quick question - especially to Moddie and Tonka who seem to have carried the longest (or at least the most vocal about it )

Of however many years you've carried for, has there ever (honestly) been a situation (or more than once) where you honestly thought you might have to use your firearm? Does it happen often?

It is just a foreign concept to me - it's not to say that criminals respect the gun laws up here, they don't, but at the same time, I've honestly never wished to have a gun on me because I felt I might need it. Trying to wrap my head around it.

Admittedly, I have wished I could carry when I walk in the forest, but that is just for animal control should it ever happen. I've never seen a bear, only one wolf / coyote (honestly couldn't tell which - either a huge coyote or a thin, but appropriately tall wolf), but it would give me a feeling of security. Is that the mindset though that you have when you move out in society? Because it seems....sad? Almost a "why choose to live in such a society - why not move somewhere safer"?

Don't mean that to be offensive - it is simply a foreign concept and I'm trying to understand the rationale.
It's better to have it and not need it. I've been carrying for almost a decade and never needed it. I shoot every week and time my draws from concealment as I dress because it is a hobby as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 04:00 PM   #938
Golddots
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Just to add. I have two small kids and never go to bad areas to begin with. The probability is low for a scenario where I may need my pistol. I don't have an issue hiding a pistol with spare mag even at a kids sprayground park wearing t shirt and shorts.
I think it is important to know your limitations with a pistol as well and practice frequently with your carry gun.
Appreciate 1
Sara5791.00
      02-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #939
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Some people have custody orders that prevent them from moving, others have family, or careers, some are lucky and can move
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #940
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Remember takes lot of training and proper mindset to react to situation appropriately.

Welcome to the club. Next. Get yourself a SA colt 45 and Winchester Lever Gun for your saddle. That would be a cool pic fun to shoot as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #941
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddots View Post
It's better to have it and not need it. I've been carrying for almost a decade and never needed it. I shoot every week and time my draws from concealment as I dress because it is a hobby as well.
+1. it's a hobby and fun. I've never had a reason to pull my gun when out and about. It's a last resort sort of thing when shtf. I don't think people are out to get me but if one was I am prepared a bit. It's like any other tool to be prepared for what may be. My wife has however been freaked at home once and gotten the house gun just in.case.
Appreciate 2
Sara5791.00
Axius4202.00
      02-19-2017, 04:42 PM   #942
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Welcome to the club. Next. Get yourself a SA colt 45 and Winchester Lever Gun for your saddle. That would be a cool pic fun to shoot as well.
My horse is deathly afraid of the ice cream man truck. I would have a death wish if I pulled the trigger of my gun whilst on her back. Lol
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 05:50 PM   #943
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:

Quote:
Some people have custody orders that prevent them from moving, others have family, or careers, some are lucky and can move
To add another talking point to this question, I happen to live in a safe neighborhood. For the most part the people living here are middle to upper middle class. At one point, there were also two cops that lived here. One was a state trooper and the other a deputy county sheriff. And the development is still fairly new as it's only been around for about 18 years. A couple of years after moving in and the development pretty much completed, there was a broad day light home invasion. The owners/occupants managed to escape out the back of the house before calling the police.

Point is. Just because you live in a safe neighborhood, doesn't mean you have a magical wall keeping the "elements" out. The only way this is possible if you live in a gated community where they actually control who goes into the community with a guest list or by contacting the owner directly.
Appreciate 1
Sara5791.00
      02-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #944
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Question for the general group. What self defense ammo would you recommend for a 9mm hand gun? I did some research and settled on Speer Gold Dot Lawman +P 124 grain hollow points. But everywhere I look where they're at a decent price has had them out of stock for months.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #945
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Question for the general group. What self defense ammo would you recommend for a 9mm hand gun? I did some research and settled on Speer Gold Dot Lawman +P 124 grain hollow points. But everywhere I look where they're at a decent price has had them out of stock for months.
I bought these.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      02-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #946
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

147 grain
Attached Images

Appreciate 2