BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Auto lights switch off

08-05-2023, 04:48 AM   #1
fil117
England
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Auto lights switch off

Hi all
The lights are auto on the z4, but is there anyway to switch them off or take auto off?
When I hit the auto lights button it doesn't seem to do anything, nor when I hold it, same for the off button - doesnt do anything.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 09:17 AM   #2
PSQ777
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

When I first got my car I thought those buttons were broken. But they do work but only if you aren't driving. Are you stationary when pressing them ? Possibly in park too ?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 09:22 AM   #3
Horseman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
You don't need to be parked, but yeah you do need to be stopped or super slow to do it. Had this issue when I go on military bases cause they don't exactly enjoy being blinded when you go through the gates.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2023, 04:36 AM   #4
fil117
England
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
You don't need to be parked, but yeah you do need to be stopped or super slow to do it. Had this issue when I go on military bases cause they don't exactly enjoy being blinded when you go through the gates.
Ha, ye i could imagine!

Ok thanks, I wanted to switch the dipped beam off but have the DLRs on. I think i read last night that the car will then auto switch back on to dipped beam according to the outside light level after a certain speed too. I'll give it a try tonight and see what happens.

I presume you get the same on bases? - the dipped beam then switches on after a certain speed?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2023, 08:08 AM   #5
Horseman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil117 View Post
Ha, ye i could imagine!

Ok thanks, I wanted to switch the dipped beam off but have the DLRs on. I think i read last night that the car will then auto switch back on to dipped beam according to the outside light level after a certain speed too. I'll give it a try tonight and see what happens.

I presume you get the same on bases? - the dipped beam then switches on after a certain speed?
Once I'm on base, I just turn everything back on again since it's normal roads again.
Appreciate 0