BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Never Seen Snow?

02-07-2021, 10:58 AM   #23
gasnet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Maybe china also. But definitely Europe
2016 Audi A7 RIP / 19 Genesis G80 RIP
2020 Z4 M40i / 2022 X3
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 09:08 AM   #24
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasnet View Post
I initially had an order in for a first edition frozen orange, but only to find out its not available in the US. Waited a year. Found a frozen gray on Showroom floor and fell in Love. Still Wanted the orange though.
Won't help with the color, but a good matte PPF wrap will give that "frozen" look it seems.

Actually, you could probably get a color matte wrap but I'm sure colors are limited.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 04:40 PM   #25
Living Dead
Zed Head
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geradeaus View Post
Living in Florida I've always been able to advertise the cars I have privately sold as "never seen snow". My Z4 has been waiting "At The Port" for a week now and it has been snowing there the past few days. It looks like the cars are just parked outside under the elements as they await a ship. It also looks like they don't put plastic over the roof of the convertibles they ship. Hope the top can handle snow!

Anyone have any issues with their tops concerning weather? Snow is not a problem in sunny Florida but rain is. When it rains here it usually comes down in buckets. For those who have had their cars out in bad weather - are you staying dry?
Name:  Snow.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  637.9 KB

Snow problem at all.

best part is the frozen paint was free!!
Appreciate 1
CJ4211513.00
      02-15-2021, 07:54 PM   #26
TheGingerOneNI
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
Living in Florida I've always been able to advertise the cars I have privately sold as "never seen snow". My Z4 has been waiting "At The Port" for a week now and it has been snowing there the past few days. It looks like the cars are just parked outside under the elements as they await a ship. It also looks like they don't put plastic over the roof of the convertibles they ship. Hope the top can handle snow!

Anyone have any issues with their tops concerning weather? Snow is not a problem in sunny Florida but rain is. When it rains here it usually comes down in buckets. For those who have had their cars out in bad weather - are you staying dry?
I drove home in 3 inches of snow on Saturday here in Northern Ireland. The top will be fine!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 08:44 PM   #27
German1967
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi - 2022 992 C2S Cab

Quote:
Quote:
It is just a car. ... I have to laugh at these Corvette owners (old men) that never drive them. ... Also got caught in some bad rainstorms and had no problem with the top....Good luck with the new car when you get it. What color combo?
My Z4 won't be a garage queen, that's for sure. I'm planning a cross-country trip - possibly in September for some mountain driving. I put quite a few miles on my 1996 Corvette before I sold it. I was a young man then - not so young now.

There is a book out there titled "All Corvettes Are Red" about the development of the C5 Vette. The title comes from a statement by the lead test driver about paint. He said "All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes.". I'm getting a San Francisco red Z4 with the Cognac interior. A beautiful combo and definitely NOT a mistake.

I like the frozen colors too but not the price tag or the unknowns of long-term maintenance. The frozen orange is gorgeous but it's only available in China I think.
I agree.
Attached Images

02-15-2021, 09:32 PM   #28
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Dead View Post
Quote:

Attachment 2524449

Snow problem at all.

best part is the frozen paint was free!!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 09:33 PM   #29
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by German1967 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It is just a car. ... I have to laugh at these Corvette owners (old men) that never drive them. ... Also got caught in some bad rainstorms and had no problem with the top....Good luck with the new car when you get it. What color combo?
My Z4 won't be a garage queen, that's for sure. I'm planning a cross-country trip - possibly in September for some mountain driving. I put quite a few miles on my 1996 Corvette before I sold it. I was a young man then - not so young now.

There is a book out there titled "All Corvettes Are Red" about the development of the C5 Vette. The title comes from a statement by the lead test driver about paint. He said "All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes.". I'm getting a San Francisco red Z4 with the Cognac interior. A beautiful combo and definitely NOT a mistake.

I like the frozen colors too but not the price tag or the unknowns of long-term maintenance. The frozen orange is gorgeous but it's only available in China I think.
I agree.
Beautiful!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 08:44 AM   #30
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGingerOneNI View Post
I drove home in 3 inches of snow on Saturday here in Northern Ireland. The top will be fine!
That must have been an interesting drive. Did you replace the tires with snow tires? Did you turn on DTC?

If I ever see snow from the driver's seat of my car I've made a huge error in planning. Of course, living in Florida helps with that. The biggest risk is picking my car up at the Performance Delivery Center in Spartanburg, South Carolina at the end of March. I am planning on driving the Blue Ridge Parkway through the mountains after delivery - I'll be anxiously watching the weather forecasts!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 08:55 PM   #31
TheGingerOneNI
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
That must have been an interesting drive. Did you replace the tires with snow tires? Did you turn on DTC?

If I ever see snow from the driver's seat of my car I've made a huge error in planning. Of course, living in Florida helps with that. The biggest risk is picking my car up at the Performance Delivery Center in Spartanburg, South Carolina at the end of March. I am planning on driving the Blue Ridge Parkway through the mountains after delivery - I'll be anxiously watching the weather forecasts!
Nope, still running on Pilot Super Sports and put the car into Eco Pro. Just very gentle on throttle, brakes, steering etc. I slowed all of my movements to 10% of what I would normally do. If you ever get the opportunity to do a 'skid pan' then ask them to simulate snow. They lift the car so the tires barely touch the road surface and any harsh acceleration, steering or braking sends the car out of control.

In N.Ireland the weather can be wildly unpredictable at this time of year. That day was lovely and dry in the morning and then about 3 inches in a couple of hours. I took a chance and left work early to get home in case it got worse and 4 hours later the snow was all gone again.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 04:18 PM   #32
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGingerOneNI View Post
...I took a chance and left work early to get home in case it got worse and 4 hours later the snow was all gone again.
If you had waited it would have snowed a foot, right? Had the same experience watching cars wreck left and right as I tried to get home early and then a couple hours later everything melted.

Glad it worked out for you anyway. Erin go Braugh!
Appreciate 0