jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixitt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geradeaus View Post
A lot of people just assume that a lease vs cash purchase is a bad financial decision. That just is not true in all cases and especially in my case.
If a dealership pushes a certain transaction then I figure it's good for them and not me. For financial reasons a dealer prefers 1. leasing, 2. financing thru their institution and 3. cash.

Regarding making money, since going all in during the March 2021 crash and just shy of 1 year later, now, I have returned a 4X profit playing stocks, mainly going long. No lie, 6 digit figures. My portfolio is very diversified including OTC and big tech plays, swing trades, buying stuff like AMC at $2.20 and 2 weeks later flipping it for a huge gain at $15.32. https://www.barchart.com/stocks/quot...eractive-chart Am playing lithium mining stocks, EV, oil, biotechs like Moderna, Biontech and Vaxart, doing several pump and dumps for 100% profits or more each time. Financials like SQ, etc. I get up in the morning and start my research at 5:30 streaming FOX business.

So....cash is KING with my Z4 paid for via my research, tolerance for risk, and personality knowing good and well to hang tough when something takes a dive only to return for a 100% gain 3 months later.

Check out HYSR. Crazy penny stock based on tech that splits any water source into H2 and O2 using only the sun. Is it a scam? Don't know but when the millenials sitting behind their Reddit and Robinhood accounts/forums run it up 400%, scam or not doesn't matter. Young tradiers could care less about fundamentals and more about momentum plays and posting rocket memes on forums like stocktwits.com.

Mutual funds are OK but you won't get rich. The only one I'm holding which I've played for 20 + years is NBGEX, for stability. There are some pretty damn good ones like IYMIX, POAGX, etc.

Good luck!
Agreed 100%!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 04:46 PM   #24
Pinkoboe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 GTS 4.0

Quote:
If a dealership pushes a certain transaction then I figure it's good for them and not me. For financial reasons a dealer prefers 1. leasing, 2. financing thru their institution and 3. cash.

Regarding making money, since going all in during the March 2021 crash and just shy of 1 year later, now, I have returned a 4X profit playing stocks, mainly going long. No lie, 6 digit figures. My portfolio is very diversified including OTC and big tech plays, swing trades, buying stuff like AMC at $2.20 and 2 weeks later flipping it for a huge gain at $15.32. https://www.barchart.com/stocks/quot...eractive-chart Am playing lithium mining stocks, EV, oil, biotechs like Moderna, Biontech and Vaxart, doing several pump and dumps for 100% profits or more each time. Financials like SQ, etc. I get up in the morning and start my research at 5:30 streaming FOX business.

So....cash is KING with my Z4 paid for via my research, tolerance for risk, and personality knowing good and well to hang tough when something takes a dive only to return for a 100% gain 3 months later.

Check out HYSR. Crazy penny stock based on tech that splits any water source into H2 and O2 using only the sun. Is it a scam? Don't know but when the millenials sitting behind their Reddit and Robinhood accounts/forums run it up 400%, scam or not doesn't matter. Young tradiers could care less about fundamentals and more about momentum plays and posting rocket memes on forums like stocktwits.com.

Mutual funds are OK but you won't get rich. The only one I'm holding which I've played for 20 + years is NBGEX, for stability. There are some pretty damn good ones like IYMIX, POAGX, etc.

Good luck!
Please tell us more about this crash that is going to happen next month. I am always willing to take stock advice from clairvoyants.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 05:10 PM   #25
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
Quote:
So....cash is KING with my Z4 paid for ...

Good luck!
You kind of make my point - keep your cash for investing in assets that can appreciate. You won't make a dime from the cash you spent on the Z4 but based on your past performance are giving up a ton by not having that cash to invest. Of course, you can buy on margin, but I'm sure your broker charges a lot more than the lease rate. Anyway, good luck to you too, sir. Buy low and sell high!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 05:30 PM   #26
Mixitt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 X40i; 2021 Z4 30i

Quote:
You kind of make my point - keep your cash for investing in assets that can appreciate. You won't make a dime from the cash you spent on the Z4 but based on your past performance are giving up a ton by not having that cash to invest. Of course, you can buy on margin, but I'm sure your broker charges a lot more than the lease rate. Anyway, good luck to you too, sir. Buy low and sell high!
Thanks! Loaded up on quite a few stocks today adding to holds and buying new on a big sell off. Check out RKT. Just announced a $1.11/share dividend for those holding as of March!

Good luck.

Last edited by Mixitt; 02-25-2021 at 05:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 09:04 PM   #27
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! Loaded up on quite a few stocks today adding to holds and buying new on a big sell off. Check out RKT. Just announced a $1.11/share dividend for those holding as of March!

Good luck.
Advice on penny stocks on a BMW forum...makes sense. Pump and dump?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 06:43 AM   #28
ejm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135 Convertible 6MT

I only buy stocks I see on Reddit ;-)
Mixitt368.50
      02-26-2021, 07:11 AM   #29
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm3 View Post
I only buy stocks I see on Reddit ;-)
😂
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 04:40 PM   #30
Mixitt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkoboe View Post
Please tell us more about this crash that is going to happen next month. I am always willing to take stock advice from clairvoyants.
Never mentioned an impending crash. You been smokin' some of that badass S.F. weed, or what?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 12:53 AM   #31
Pinkoboe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 GTS 4.0

Quote:
Never mentioned an impending crash. You been smokin' some of that badass S.F. weed, or what?
Uh, you wrote “since going all in during the March 2021 crash,” while you were in February. Stock wizard or just a wizard?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 08:01 AM   #32
Mixitt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkoboe View Post
Uh, you wrote “since going all in during the March 2021 crash,” while you were in February. Stock wizard or just a wizard?
During the March 2020 crash, etc. etc.

Yes, I am a stock wizard working towards a 5X return come about 2 weeks which makes one year since I went from 100% cash into stocks.
Appreciate 0