Garage List
2016 Toyota  [0.00]
2016 Lexus RX350  [0.00]
2015 BMW/M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddots View Post
Hmm. I decline to admit of a collection in case HER decides to confiscate Aussie style.
Btw I live in va but I have a sister that lives in DC. It's a pita because I have to make sure there is no ammo or guns whenever I head there.
I would pay $$$ for a 50 state chp.

I used to have a decent collection but I recently lost all of this in a most tragic boating accident.

Too bad its all gone, I'm sure the saltwater has destroyed all it by now.
"So it's a profit deal"-Steve Martin
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      10-31-2016, 12:07 AM   #266
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: when car isn't broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Got a Ruger 30-06 coming in within a week, just in time for rifle season.
Nice. I had my first black rifle on order to arrive this week, but those damn sharks must have gotten mine too. Hope you have better luck.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      10-31-2016, 11:16 AM   #267
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
Nice. I had my first black rifle on order to arrive this week, but those damn sharks must have gotten mine too. Hope you have better luck.
It's being shipped to Cabela's, so if it doesn't show up on time I guess I'll just shoot the deer in the head with the AR.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 11:55 AM   #268
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
It's being shipped to Cabela's, so if it doesn't show up on time I guess I'll just shoot the deer in the head with the AR.
There you go. How many states is that legal in? I was under the impression it was frowned upon if not completely banned.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 12:43 PM   #269
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
There you go. How many states is that legal in? I was under the impression it was frowned upon if not completely banned.
People frown at them because of those who used them for ill intentions. Not banned that I'm aware of, though fully automatic is illegal. People still do conversions for under $200 if you know the right shifty crowd.

However, I think you can purchase in NC an automatic that's pre-1967?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 12:54 PM   #270
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
People frown at them because of those who used them for ill intentions. Not banned that I'm aware of, though fully automatic is illegal. People still do conversions for under $200 if you know the right shifty crowd.

Even in the People's Republic of Murland, you can still legally possess fully auto weapons. The catch is the permit allowing legal possession is so restrictive, practically no one can qualify. The gun range I'm a member of is authorized to possess fully auto weapons and they rent them out for people to shoot at the range. They even have a Browning M1919 you can rent.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 01:10 PM   #271
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:

I think he means hunting deer with an AR. It's illegal in most states to shoot deer with a .22 cal projectile (this includes .223/5.56).

As for fully automatic weapons, you can own any pre-1986 fully automatic IF you have the money for one. It's a 200$ tax stamp plus whatever you are paying for the gun (Usually upwards of 15K). You can also own newer ones if you are a Class 3 dealer; they can only be sold to LE and Gov't. They are also subject to inspection at any time by the ATF, and if they come wanting to see it, you had better have it there.
Appreciate 1
Axius4202.00
      10-31-2016, 01:16 PM   #272
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Even in the People's Republic of Murland, you can still legally possess fully auto weapons. The catch is the permit allowing legal possession is so restrictive, practically no one can qualify. The gun range I'm a member of is authorized to possess fully auto weapons and they rent them out for people to shoot at the range. They even have a Browning M1919 you can rent.
Just did a quick lookup and it appears to be the same for NC so long as you follow ATF regulations. Not sure what kind of caveats would make it hard to get, suppressor is a ton of paperwork and an 8 month waiting period here.

Have you gone there and rented one? That'd be hella fun.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 01:28 PM   #273
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Just did a quick lookup and it appears to be the same for NC so long as you follow ATF regulations. Not sure what kind of caveats would make it hard to get, suppressor is a ton of paperwork and an 8 month waiting period here.
Most states have a requirement for notification of a Chief Law Enforcement Officer (for example, here in Ohio we have to get our NFA paperwork signed off on by a Sheriff). Fortunately, Ohio recently passed a law that basically compels a CLEO to sign off unless there is a valid reason not to (shall issue, basically.) For a long time Ohio Sheriffs could refuse to sign NFA paperwork at all just on the basis of "I don't want that in my county."

The other thing that makes full-auto's trickier than suppressors is the whole NFA registry thing. It was opened in 1968 and all privately-owned fully automatic weapons had to be registered. In 1986 the registry was closed, meaning the only full-auto weapons that can be legally bought and sold on the private market had to exist and have been registered prior to that. Obviously, as time goes on the number of those weapons that are both available for sale and functional gets smaller and smaller, so the prices just keep going up.

Suppressors aren't subject to the NFA registry so they are much more widely available.

Last edited by fravel; 10-31-2016 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 01:29 PM   #274
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
I think he means hunting deer with an AR. It's illegal in most states to shoot deer with a .22 cal projectile (this includes .223/5.56).

As for fully automatic weapons, you can own any pre-1986 fully automatic IF you have the money for one. It's a 200$ tax stamp plus whatever you are paying for the gun (Usually upwards of 15K). You can also own newer ones if you are a Class 3 dealer; they can only be sold to LE and Gov't. They are also subject to inspection at any time by the ATF, and if they come wanting to see it, you had better have it there.
That I do know is legal in NC. Looked it up because I was curious before and wanted to use it to take down some coyotes.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting/H_FAQs.htm#caliber
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 01:31 PM   #275
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:

This is correct for full auto and hunting. A semiauto can be used for hunting but is often banned because of caliber, magazine size, etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 01:37 PM   #276
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
That I do know is legal in NC. Looked it up because I was curious before and wanted to use it to take down some coyotes.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting/H_FAQs.htm#caliber
Interesting, that's a big no-no in MS. About the only thing Fish & Wildlife cares about around here actually, that and hunting/fishing limits. I think it's like a $1500 fine if they catch you doing it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 01:43 PM   #277
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Have you gone there and rented one? That'd be hella fun.
I don't remember the exact qualifications right now. I did when I was researching what AR is legal to get in Murland. But I seem to recall one of the qualifications is if you were law enforcement. I'll ask the guys at the range when I go to see what the actual qualifications are.

I haven't rented one yet. They have other rentals available like MP5s, SCARs, RPDs, M4s, Uzi's, AK-47s, etc. The rental costs are pretty pricey though but does include 2 mags, instruction, and a souvenir T-shirt.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 02:01 PM   #278
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Interesting, that's a big no-no in MS. About the only thing Fish & Wildlife cares about around here actually, that and hunting/fishing limits. I think it's like a $1500 fine if they catch you doing it.
Same thing in MI, was surprised to see it legal here. Not sure if it's just because of how many deer are here or what, but kind of crazy regardless. Hell you can hunt deer with a .22LR, never would but nothing saying you can't.

Quote:
I don't remember the exact qualifications right now. I did when I was researching what AR is legal to get in Murland. But I seem to recall one of the qualifications is if you were law enforcement. I'll ask the guys at the range when I go to see what the actual qualifications are.

I haven't rented one yet. They have other rentals available like MP5s, SCARs, RPDs, M4s, Uzi's, AK-47s, etc. The rental costs are pretty pricey though but does include 2 mags, instruction, and a souvenir T-shirt.
Wouldn't doubt rentals are expensive, hell dumping that many rounds out at once would cost a shit load just in ammo for a couple hours.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 02:18 PM   #279
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Wouldn't doubt rentals are expensive, hell dumping that many rounds out at once would cost a shit load just in ammo for a couple hours.
Especially since you have to buy their ammo for their rental guns.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 02:21 PM   #280
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

No TulAmmo for you sir! Hornady only! Range is having a special, only $1.23 a round!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 02:41 PM   #281
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:

This makes me sick. It's like a precursor to the government only allowing us to rent and shoot those under their expert supervision.
      10-31-2016, 03:02 PM   #282
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
This makes me sick. It's like a precursor to the government only allowing us to rent and shoot those under their expert supervision.
Yes, but under the circumstances of the politics of this state, it's a wonder that legal renting fully auto firearms is even a possibility. There was some hope that having a Republican governor would cause some change in the existing laws, but so far that hasn't materialized.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 03:06 PM   #283
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
So....which pathological liar are you voting for?
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      10-31-2016, 03:06 PM   #284
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

What's wrong with using a 223 round for hunting?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 03:10 PM   #285
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

I like my little pew-pews, but I'm so used to not having (or ever seeing) fully auto *things* that I don't even miss them. I've been conditioned very well by my government.

Don't be like me. The struggle is real. And for those of us up north, entertaining.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 03:10 PM   #286
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
What's wrong with using a 223 round for hunting?
Some people believe it is inhumane due to the risk of not putting down larger game. How true this is, I don't know, I'm not a hunter.
Appreciate 0