BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion I’m developing a tool to compare the options of any BMW to any other

06-14-2019, 08:42 AM   #45
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupsaiden View Post
This number is being shown at the right of each bar.
I see. So it looks like there is 1 car more optioned than mine (only because it has individual paint it looks like) out of 37 cars being compared to mine. Not too bad. I'm going to subscribe to this thread and follow it.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: So for Bowers & Wilkins Stereo option and Electronic Damper Control option, it says 1/37 so does that mean I'm the only one out of 37 other cars with those options or does it mean there is 1 other car like yours out of 37 with that option?

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #46
Pupsaiden
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi e92, N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLABRO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupsaiden View Post
This number is being shown at the right of each bar.
I see. So it looks like there is 1 car more optioned than mine (only because it has individual paint it looks like) out of 37 cars being compared to mine. Not too bad. I'm going to subscribe to this thread and follow it.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: So for Bowers & Wilkins Stereo option and Electronic Damper Control option, it says 1/37 so does that mean I'm the only one out of 37 other cars with those options or does it mean there is 1 other car like yours out of 37 with that option?
It means you are the only one!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 11:14 AM   #47
Pupsaiden
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwice View Post
After a little more use of your tool, I have noticed that some of the options have wrong descriptions - for example, S217A - Leather steering wheel (in fact it's Active steering). I've noticed some more yesterday but can't remember what they were (something less significant)

Maybe you could get the list of options from a more reliable source?
I did check the case you mentioned, and actually, both cases seem to be valid. BMW uses the same code for different features in different regions, it seems. I think the only reliable way is to show both under this option, don't you agree? Maybe it is both of the options, or can you get only one of them without getting another?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 06:34 AM   #48
Pupsaiden
Private
Rep

Quote:
After a little more use of your tool, I have noticed that some of the options have wrong descriptions - for example, S217A - Leather steering wheel (in fact it's Active steering). I've noticed some more yesterday but can't remember what they were (something less significant)

Maybe you could get the list of options from a more reliable source?
I'm gladly letting you know this feature is now live. You can see a list of all options found at the very bottom of the report.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 06:44 AM   #49
Pupsaiden
Private
Rep

I have just updated the tool.

Three main goals of this update were to:

- Improve page load time
I've managed to almost double the report generation pace, which should help retain the users.

- Make design clear and mobile friendly
Previously, tables were not visible in the mobile. This is now fixed. Instead of showing long percentage bars, I'm now just showing a simple badge with color and percentage. On top of that, you can now click on each option and see detailed stats.

- Add a few features.
I have added the full options list at the very bottom of the report. It will now show all options found to vehicles like yours and mark them either red or green depending on if your car has it or not.

What's next?

I will add a quick check which will show if your vehicle was ever put on the auction, and if it was, It will have the pictures, prices and other details as well. I know this might not be the best feature for most of you since you're probably riding new vehicles, but here in Europe it's actually going to be a useful feature.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 03:53 AM   #50
GTwice
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4 3.0si / F87 M2

Awesome, great job!

I'm curious about one thing - let's say I'm checking a car with 56/60 options (P030169), and yet at the bottom I see more red than green (let's say a 100 options missing). Of course that's alright, you can't have them all, some are mutually exclusive, but - how do you calculate this 56/60 then? Is 60 simply taken from a car with the most options (by number) that was ever checked by you?

Also, the title of the section says: "All options found in vehicles like yours" - without "built in EUR" like in main comparison, and it seems that's correct (I see "BMW US Radio" missing on my EUR car). I would say it would be more appropriate to display missing options also in regards only to build region of the car - less clutter
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 04:47 AM   #51
Pupsaiden
Private
Rep

Quote:
Awesome, great job!

I'm curious about one thing - let's say I'm checking a car with 56/60 options (P030169), and yet at the bottom I see more red than green (let's say a 100 options missing). Of course that's alright, you can't have them all, some are mutually exclusive, but - how do you calculate this 56/60 then? Is 60 simply taken from a car with the most options (by number) that was ever checked by you?

Also, the title of the section says: "All options found in vehicles like yours" - without "built in EUR" like in main comparison, and it seems that's correct (I see "BMW US Radio" missing on my EUR car). I would say it would be more appropriate to display missing options also in regards only to build region of the car - less clutter
Yep. 60 in your case is max options found in a single vehicle. And for the region specific options - I can add a third colour in that list, which would be grey, and it would mean, that option is not for your region. What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 03:31 PM   #52
GTwice
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4 3.0si / F87 M2

Hey, the tool stopped working - it doesn't load any options for new VINs added, anything that I have checked previously still shows correctly (I'm guessing you store previously checked cars in your database, that's why). Any chance you will be fixing that?
Appreciate 0