BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board My 28 yr old daughter slapped a cookie out of my hand today

06-21-2021, 12:16 PM   #23
Skoidat69
Secret Squirrel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328ix E91

Garage List
2007 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
I wasn't big into pots when I was in HS cause I was punk and it was for hippies. But I had horrible habit of my friends trying to get my high once I was really drunk. I'm probably the only person to puke after smoking but might have a lot to do with eating a lot of food while drunk and now high.. I'd murder a box of donuts or a ton of ice cream..

my good friend was big in to baked goods and she would be me to eat them and nothing Until several hours later I would be a family dinner high AF then doing the dishes and scrubbing a hole in the pasta pot.

I've been clean and sober for 20 years but totally support legalized weed 1000%.. I don't know of weeds destroying lives like booze which is legal. I didn't get into fight with anyone or thing besides food. I just wanted to laugh and chill.. These days, we need more laughing and chilling cause there are too many Francis'..
Littlebear3508.50
      06-21-2021, 12:31 PM   #24
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

A person can chill just fine with a little wine. If a person is an a$$hole on a little wine then they're probably an a$$hole in normal life. Never had a problem with alcohol and I'm 66 years old. Don't think I'll start having a one now. Yeah, some people do. They shouldn't drink. A person's gotta know their limitations.
      06-21-2021, 12:33 PM   #25
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Wait, so you were stoned and had the munchies?
More like she had the munchies and (accidentally) got stoned.

Great story, thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 12:35 PM   #26
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoidat69 View Post
I wasn't big into pots when I was in HS cause I was punk and it was for hippies. But I had horrible habit of my friends trying to get my high once I was really drunk. I'm probably the only person to puke after smoking but might have a lot to do with eating a lot of food while drunk and now high.. I'd murder a box of donuts or a ton of ice cream..

my good friend was big in to baked goods and she would be me to eat them and nothing Until several hours later I would be a family dinner high AF then doing the dishes and scrubbing a hole in the pasta pot.

I've been clean and sober for 20 years but totally support legalized weed 1000%.. I don't know of weeds destroying lives like booze which is legal. I didn't get into fight with anyone or thing besides food. I just wanted to laugh and chill.. These days, we need more laughing and chilling cause there are too many Francis'..
I'm sitting at the office with the "gee, I got stoned this weedkend" feeling. It's going to be a while the next time I do that again. It was good, but I was too panicky/nervous about responsibilities, career, sending a high e-mail by mistake, or something else that would Negatively impact my real world life. Everything that wasn't there when I was a stoner 25 years ago with a dead end job. I couldn't totally relax without a care In the world like back then.

Guess I'll move on to the best thing I got going.. getting that 10.25 idrive screen in my i3 and bimmercode.
. Getting a sound system upgrade and a amped stealth subwoofer.

Getting a damn spare tire kit!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 12:57 PM   #27
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:

I haven't smoked marijuana, or even had the inclination to do so, even while in Vietnam. That shit was everywhere.

As to whether or not mary jane harms folks or not, I think that depends heavily on the situation/environment. In Vietnam, I had to bust one of my teammates for smoking a joint. I told him the only thing that would be loaded was his M-16. He never lit up again. As to the "situation" we were at a fire support base near the Cambodian border, living in bunkers and fox holes. This was no place to not have your mind 110% on the job.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 1
wdb4673.00
      06-21-2021, 01:05 PM   #28
auburnf30x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
Not at all where I expected this thread to go when I read the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGoGoMoto View Post
I drifted by the plate of cookies and grabbed two, parked myself neatly next to my husband, who kind of smells like a sack full of farts now.
This right here, is the best thing I've read all damn day. I'm going to go ahead and call it now.

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 02:17 PM   #29
Skoidat69
Secret Squirrel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328ix E91

Garage List
2007 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Quote:

I haven't smoked marijuana, or even had the inclination to do so, even while in Vietnam. That shit was everywhere.

As to whether or not mary jane harms folks or not, I think that depends heavily on the situation/environment. In Vietnam, I had to bust one of my teammates for smoking a joint. I told him the only thing that would be loaded was his M-16. He never lit up again. As to the "situation" we were at a fire support base near the Cambodian border, living in bunkers and fox holes. This was no place to not have your mind 110% on the job.
I understand your point that certain occupations and weed don't mix.. I worked in shipping for almost 20 years and I didn't need a drunk or stoned guy on watch with me. But off duty, do what you need to relax but if I call cause I need you, be 100%. Ive had senior officers that were drunks but would fire crew for the same.. I don't do hypocrisy