Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellborg View Post
So, I guess that if I am in the same situation as many many others, then I can understand the shortage of allocations while they are being rolled out. But I might start calling around, too, because I hate not knowing if I will even get one.
Definitely call other dealers and hopefully you’ll get lucky.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2024, 11:08 PM   #46
rikwynnpa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G29 Z4 3.0

My dealer confirmed my order with a production number

I think if the dealer has a production slot for you they can give you a production number fairly shortly after you give them a deposit. Without a production number you don't have anything.

I got the first MY25 Z4 allocation at my dealer and not too far after i got a production number I got a VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin45E View Post
There are many people on the forum waiting for a 6MT allocation right now but there are also people getting allocations https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=31010131 and moving to production. https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31005476

My understanding of what that dealer is saying does not line up with what is being said in this forum.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2024, 07:41 AM   #47
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin45E View Post
There are many people on the forum waiting for a 6MT allocation right now but there are also people getting allocations https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=31010131 and moving to production. https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31005476

My understanding of what that dealer is saying does not line up with what is being said in this forum.
Quote:
So, I guess that if I am in the same situation as many many others, then I can understand the shortage of allocations while they are being rolled out. But I might start calling around, too, because I hate not knowing if I will even get one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynnpa View Post
I think if the dealer has a production slot for you they can give you a production number fairly shortly after you give them a deposit. Without a production number you don't have anything.

I got the first MY25 Z4 allocation at my dealer and not too far after i got a production number I got a VIN.
Necessary Quota/Allocation/Production Slot is for an M40i. G29(Z4) MT is offered as optional equipment, similar to G87(M2) and unlike G8X(M3/M4) where allocations are different because those model variants have different transmissions.
Appreciate 3
Kevin45E281.00
StanDiego6248.50
      03-24-2024, 10:18 AM   #48
mdoneinvt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 M40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
I hope that you meant that you would never buy another BMW from that dealership again.
No i meant no BMW ever! I will leave it at that don’t want to get in to an argument with anyone on here that might feel differently than i do about markups. We are here to enjoy our love of our cars and have fun 😁
Appreciate 3
      03-27-2024, 12:01 AM   #49
Wynnsiensheng
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Surely you will get one eventually?

I don’t think they will run out of cars. It just takes a little while to ramp up production to fill the initial rush of orders.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 09:34 PM   #50
Rcasa20
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan EVO Chevy Tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynnpa View Post
This isn’t completely true. Once the deposit is placed, even if they don’t have an allocation, you are in line and that is something. I found out last week I was number 2 at my dealer so I called around and another dealer was willing to make me their number 2 and another didn’t even call me back. Good news is I found out today my dealer got an allocation and I’m in so I’m looking forward to getting my production number soon and tracking it online.
Appreciate 3