BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Zandvoort moved to September

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-10-2020, 05:35 AM   #1
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
8014
Rep
5,955
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Zandvoort moved to September

As reported the Dutch GP has been moved to 3-5 September 2021 when more pleasant weather is likely and a massive ORANGE ARMY party is planned for sure.
The Vietnamese race has been cancelled.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/72294...zandvoort.html

Last edited by M5theonlyone; 11-10-2020 at 06:01 AM..
Appreciate 3
      11-10-2020, 05:45 AM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
25125
Rep
14,376
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
As reported the Dutch GP has been moved to 3-5 September 2021 when more pleasant weather is likely and a massive ORANGE ARMY party is planned for sure.
The Vietnamese race has been cancelled.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/72294...zandvoort.html
Yes !
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2020, 05:56 AM   #3
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
8014
Rep
5,955
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yes !
It's for sure 99% and I'm waiting for my ORANGE polo shirt my friend with the writing I ordered
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2020, 08:21 AM   #4
MAN15H
Lieutenant
MAN15H's Avatar
United Kingdom
34
Rep
478
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i 4 Door Auto MSport
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bedfordshire

iTrader: (1)

Its a shame they have cancelled the Vietnamese race as I was looking forward to that.. track layout looked quite interesting.
Appreciate 2
      11-10-2020, 08:35 AM   #5
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
5159
Rep
7,536
Posts

Drives: HS M2 Competition
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fryslân, the Netherlands/ Lilyhammer, Norway

iTrader: (0)

I'll stay at home and watch it on F1.tv enjoying some *hand bought* Vietnamese spring rolls and beer

Vietnamese GP: I never had a clue why that one should be on the F1 calendar in the first place. At all.

Zandvoort GP: It will be a total logistical chaos getting to Zandvoort by car and by train it's even worse imo......

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 2
      11-10-2020, 06:18 PM   #6
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
25125
Rep
14,376
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Zandvoort GP: It will be a total logistical chaos getting to Zandvoort by car and by train it's even worse imo......

Cheers
Robin
Boat mate ! Boat ..
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
EdM5988.00

      11-11-2020, 04:03 AM   #7
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
8014
Rep
5,955
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Best bet from GB would be flight to Amsterdam (1hr 30min from London airports) and a train from there (38 min) if taking the Harwich ferry (over 5 hours) with car would be impractical because of road constraints from Hook of Holland going North.
Appreciate 2
      11-12-2020, 12:35 PM   #8
EdM5
Lieutenant Colonel
EdM5's Avatar
Netherlands
988
Rep
1,864
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 CP & E70 X5 Xdrive35d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Best bet from GB would be flight to Amsterdam (1hr 30min from London airports) and a train from there (38 min) if taking the Harwich ferry (over 5 hours) with car would be impractical because of road constraints from Hook of Holland going North.
Clever. Getting to Zandvoort by car will be a nightmare for the last 10-20 miles. A Mega gridlock is expected. Plus if you're staying in Amsterdam, you really don't need a car.

My advice would be to get an early train to Zandvoort aan Zee. Either from the airport or from Amsterdam Central Station.

https://www.ns.nl/en
__________________
2004 e87 118d (ret.), 2007 e92 330d (ret.), 2007 e87 130i M-sport (ret.), 2009 e92 M3 (ret.), 2010 f10 535d M-sport (ret.), 2015 f10 M5 CP (ret.)
2017 f82 M4 CP & 2009 e70 X5 35d
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2020, 12:41 PM   #9
EdM5
Lieutenant Colonel
EdM5's Avatar
Netherlands
988
Rep
1,864
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 CP & E70 X5 Xdrive35d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Boat mate ! Boat ..
Good option but it also means a 2 hours walk on the beach from Ijmuiden Marina to get to the circuit
__________________
2004 e87 118d (ret.), 2007 e92 330d (ret.), 2007 e87 130i M-sport (ret.), 2009 e92 M3 (ret.), 2010 f10 535d M-sport (ret.), 2015 f10 M5 CP (ret.)
2017 f82 M4 CP & 2009 e70 X5 35d

Last edited by EdM5; 11-12-2020 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 2
      11-12-2020, 01:10 PM   #10
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
8014
Rep
5,955
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Clever. Getting to Zandvoort by car will be a nightmare for the last 10-20 miles. A Mega gridlock is expected. Plus if you're staying in Amsterdam, you really don't need a car.

My advice would be to get an early train to Zandvoort aan Zee. Either from the airport or from Amsterdam Central Station.

https://www.ns.nl/en
Thank you for that specific information.
Appreciate 2
      11-12-2020, 06:11 PM   #11
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
25125
Rep
14,376
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Good option but it also means a 2 hours walk on the beach from Ijmuiden Marina to get to the circuit
I see mate . Don't like sand in my eyes ....
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
EdM5988.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST