09-12-2021, 01:18 PM   #23
Kuskus
Enlisted Member
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
I certainly wouldn't mind getting something like this done if it makes the burbles a little louder. As you can imagine, the 30i's burles aren't quite as loud. They are there, just not AS loud.
Yeah I love the sound! I guess I wasn't used to loud burbles since my car before this was a Kia Stinger GT. But my only concern was the tips if they were awkward looking
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 04:17 PM   #24
cvieri59
Private
France
Rep
Drives: Z4 G29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuskus View Post
Thank you! Only an axleback so i didn't remove the OPF. I basically changed the stock mufflers with two free flowing ones. Surprisingly minimal to no drone at all. Custom fabricated TIG welded. I used black carbon fiber m tips for it.
Thanks
What do u mean by minimal? Disappointed? Only very very small increase of the exhaust sound?
      09-14-2021, 12:48 PM   #25
Horseman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah I love the sound! I guess I wasn't used to loud burbles since my car before this was a Kia Stinger GT. But my only concern was the tips if they were awkward looking
Oh i see... i thought it helped make them a little louder.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 12:45 AM   #26
Kuskus
Enlisted Member
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvieri59 View Post
Thanks
What do u mean by minimal? Disappointed? Only very very small increase of the exhaust sound?
There is a big sound difference. But I honestly put back the stock mufflers and welded them back in since the extra noise it produces kinda gets tiring easily. Plus you car hear it a lot since its a soft top. Maybe I'm considering getting a remus exhaust or akrapovic so it will be just right
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 12:48 AM   #27
Kuskus
Enlisted Member
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Oh i see... i thought it helped make them a little louder.
yeah they did get louder! Not much drone unless you are going 3k rpm. Honestly the noise was good, but I decided to revert the upgrade since the sound can be quite annoying since it's a custom fabricated exhaust. I think getting an exhaust engineered for the car would be more reasonable.
Appreciate 1
Horseman4131.50
      09-27-2021, 07:12 PM   #28
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Probably a stupid question but the stock burbles from factory settings wont do any damage on the engine right?
I've been wondering the same thing.

My understanding is that the burbles are created by allowing some extra gas into the exhaust manifold so that it would detonate and create additional exhaust flow through the turbos keeping them spooled up and ready to boost. If that is correct, it would seem the detonations over time might cause some additional stress on engine components. Not 100% sure of my understanding, but I think the technique is used in race cars for the added performance. Of course, race car engines are generally rebuilt for each race so long term reliability is not an issue for them.
Appreciate 0