BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion What would you do as president to fix this mess

09-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #1
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

What would you do as president to fix this mess

I keep hearing that the debacle called obamas presidency was good. So instead I decided to say what I would do to fix the situation. He could do this stuff too if he wanted to fix it but he doesn't.

Healthcare
Repeal obamacare
Enact legislation to require presisting conditions to be covered
Enact legislation to allow kids to stay on parents policies till they're 26
Allow interstate offering of insurance
Reform tort laws to stop frivolous and overly costly lmedical lawsuits

This would drastically reduce healthcare costs and retain the only positives of obamacare.

Foreign politics.
Resestablish good relations with Israel
Force friendly Arab countries to attack Isis in conjunction with American boots on the ground.
Leave Syria to Russia with two conditions. No more Assad and no more Isis.
Tear up Iran treaty
Reimpose sanctions
Park military on Iran's border and tell them to dismantle completely their nuclear program.
Broadcast loudly to Iranian people that we will support a democratic overthrow.

China
Renegotiate trade imbalance to where it is equal.

Mexico and immigration
Build a real wall with national guard patrolling
Tell illegals they need to register within 6 months. Ones that do can stay if they can show they have gainful employment, start paying taxes, and aren't felons. Ones that can't deport.
Revise immigration policy to allow skilled labor to immigrate easily.
Pass a law requiring people born in the U.S. to only get citizenship if born to parents here legally.
Prosecute officials who create and maintain sanctuary cities and remove federal assistance from them until they comply.

Wages
Reset minimum to higher wage and have it raise or lower with inflation with a max annual change of 5%.

Education costs.
Tell universities that if they raise tuition faster than inflation they loose the ability for their students to get federal assistance

Business
Repeal frank Dodd
Put in new legislation that isn't as restrictive to business but prevents another housing crisis.

Taxes. Lower corporate taxes by half.
Create a 10% consumption tax on everything except basic essentialstuff such as food and clothing, etc. and eliminate I federal income tax on the bottom 90% of earners.
Put additional income tax on top 10% of earners of 30%.

Retirement
Allow a percentage of social security for people 10 years or longer from retirement to be invested in diversified mutual funds or similar like a 401k

Guns
Create a federal carry permit that allows legal non felons and non mental illness suffers to carry firearms freely
Remove state and local firearms restrictions and create a unified set of ownership, purchase, and background checks nationally

Military
Expand the special forces, rapid deployment forces, heavy lifting capabilities, and ground attack aircraft capabilities

Gut and reboot the VA including the private sector

Education
Remove tenure
Allow voucher system for private education creating competition and allowing people to choose where they want to go

Unions
Repeal kennedys law that allowed government workers to unionize

Welfare
Reinstate clintons/Gingrich requirement that able bodied people capable of working must do so to get welfare

Child protection
Require websites with sexual or violent content to verify with valid ID to access content.

Voting
Voter ID requirement. National computer system to stop repeat voting and dead guys voting

Religious freedoms
Protect established landmarks, traditions, etc from being destroyed. Ex 10 commandments on a courthouse
Do not require private businesses to provide services to people that goes against their religious beliefs

Energy
Allow nuclear plants to be built.
Reopen coal and create clean coal plants
Reopen federal lands to energy exploration and production
Keystone built
ANWR built

Abortion and planned parenthood
Outlaw profiting from baby tissue
Stop funding of any government money spent on an organization performing abortion
Outlaw late term abortion and prosecute

Eliminate the EPA, curtail the IRS.

Pot
Enforce federal law everywhere. Jail those selling in Colorado and outlaw medical Marijuana. I don't have a problem with pot but if you want it legal do a national referendum and have it legalized everywhere or no where.

Flame away liberals
'08 e93 AW 335i 6MT,Vargas Stg 2+ 20T clipped,VRSF catless dps & 7"FMIC,ER chargepipe&Tial, MMP inlets&outlets,Motiv Stg 2 fuel rail&dual disc clutch/fly, JB4G5,MHD w/Motiv tune,Fuel-it Stg 3 LPFP,Wavetrac LSD w/lockdown, KwV2,M3(Strut brace,frt control arms,steering wheel)AKE blk sub bush,re11 245/305,19x8.5et30&19x11et43,SmartTop,RE trans mounts,Msport rear bump & skirts,15%tint,ZSP knob,Stoptech rotors,241k miles

Last edited by Fundguy1; 09-24-2015 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:17 AM   #2
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

I wanna know what the president really has control over?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:18 AM   #3
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/S14 SRT 10 viper swap

Keep doing what OBAMA is doing, on the right track so far!
Fundguy1 is gonna have a heart attack lol
      09-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
I wanna know what the president really has control over?
All the above naturally if he or she has control of congress too as Obama did for 2 years and the next president will for at least 2 also.
'08 e93 AW 335i 6MT,Vargas Stg 2+ 20T clipped,VRSF catless dps & 7"FMIC,ER chargepipe&Tial, MMP inlets&outlets,Motiv Stg 2 fuel rail&dual disc clutch/fly, JB4G5,MHD w/Motiv tune,Fuel-it Stg 3 LPFP,Wavetrac LSD w/lockdown, KwV2,M3(Strut brace,frt control arms,steering wheel)AKE blk sub bush,re11 245/305,19x8.5et30&19x11et43,SmartTop,RE trans mounts,Msport rear bump & skirts,15%tint,ZSP knob,Stoptech rotors,241k miles
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:20 AM   #5
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
Fair enough. Your opinion. Offers no solutions to any of these issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:31 AM   #6
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

I would pull most troops from overseas and bring them back home.

I would then have these troops go door to door and, by full military force, take everyone's guns away from them.

I would then abolish Congress, the USSC, and the Constitution, declaring myself the ultimate ruler of America.

I would then hang large photos of myself with an image of the Emperor from Star Wars all over the country, while at the same time have NASA devout its full time and resources into creating a Death Star type device to destroy foreign nations.

That's pretty much what I'd do.
Appreciate 2
      09-24-2015, 11:41 AM   #7
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
I especially like how you obviously didn't read my post and chose to ignore all these issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #8
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I would pull most troops from overseas and bring them back home.

I would then have these troops go door to door and, by full military force, take everyone's guns away from them.

I would then abolish Congress, the USSC, and the Constitution, declaring myself the ultimate ruler of America.

I would then hang large photos of myself with an image of the Emperor from Star Wars all over the country, while at the same time have NASA devout its full time and resources into creating a Death Star type device to destroy foreign nations.

That's pretty much what I'd do.
I don't think the voters would go for that plan.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #9
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
I don't think the voters would go for that plan.
I'd promise them tax cuts and free cars or something then pull the ol bait and switch.

They'd go for it.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:45 AM   #10
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Ok, serious answer now:

I would make the US more like Europe when it comes to healthcare and education for starters.(Free and not allowing them to get rich by enslaving people to their loans)
Seriously reduce and control the cost of medications(bye bye billion dollar thievery corporation pharmaceutical companies)
Increase the fundign for actual cures and cut funding for medication to almost nothing.

-Restructure the FDA so it's not a mafia anymore, raising the bar of quality of foods, and animal rights. (bye bye Monsanto and other companies that are filling our foods with chemicals and poison/ No more GMO's, no more hormones in animals and bye bye to greedy big farms that thrive off animal cruelty)

-Restructure the Prison system so it's not a billion dollar business and actually for what it is originally intended to be.
Have prisoners sentences greatly reduced if they get an actual degree and show evidence of being able to get a hold a real world job.

- End "fake war on drugs" Use that money towards healthcare

-Cap CEO/COO earnings, making it fair for all workers.

-Reduce military spending and increase renewable energy or free energy research funding

-Restructure foreign policy, but I admit I dont know enough about it to talk too much but enough of these BS "fake" campaigns just for monetary gain.( actually be more involved in the UN in the same depth as other countries, actually even more, and be a real axample, and not acting as if we are better then them and in it for our own agendas)

-Create a "cold war/race" towards absolutely free energy and technology, stop spending billions on space exploration and start spending it towards making our country/planet functional and healthy for all first.

-restructure Dept of energy(Yes it's evil)

there is much more but I can't think straight right now.

(I agree with this):
China
Renegotiate trade imbalance to where it is equal.

Mexico and immigration
Build a real wall with national guard patrolling
Tell illegals they need to register within 6 months. Ones that do can stay if they can show they have gainful employment, start paying taxes, and aren't felons. Ones that can't deport.
Revise immigration policy to allow skilled labor to immigrate easily.
Pass a law requiring people born in the U.S. To only get citizenship if born to parents here legally.
Prosecute officials who create and maintain sanctuary cities and remove federal assistance from them until they comply."

Last edited by GabeS; 09-24-2015 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:47 AM   #11
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Quote:
I especially like how you obviously didn't read my post and chose to ignore all these issues.
Sorry, I was just teasing.
      09-24-2015, 12:06 PM   #12
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

I can agree on all points.

One more thing I would do is put term limits on Congress. You get 12 years and then it's time to move along. I'm really fucking sick and tired of some of these useless fossils that have created their own, personal fiefdoms because they been in office for so long. Oh and I would out right jail any fucker in Congress that uses his access to insider information for financial gain. Right now all these fuckers can act on insider information and it's perfectly legal for them to do so.
Appreciate 2
      09-24-2015, 12:13 PM   #13
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post

One more thing I would do is put term limits on Congress. You get 12 years and then it's time to move along. I'm really fucking sick and tired of some of these useless fossils that have created their own, personal fiefdoms because they been in office for so long. Oh and I would out right jail any fucker in Congress that uses his access to insider information for financial gain. Right now all these fuckers can act on insider information and it's perfectly legal for them to do so.
Yes and Yes
      09-24-2015, 12:17 PM   #14
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

I'd hire a massive team of the best and brightest to build a time machine to go back in time to do everything we possibly could to stop the last republican president from being elected.

Its funny how Clinton left us a balanced budget, a booming economy and a soaring stock market and 8 years later we were 11 trillion in debt, in the middle of two wars that were entered into without thought to an exit strategy and cost us 3 trillion and thousands of lives, a GDP that had negative growth for the first time in half a century, 10% unemployment and a Dow Jones at 7500. The auto, financial and housing industries were on the verge of collapse, and we had to do a near trillion dollar bail out. Obama inherits that huge mess and now we have a dead OBL, growing economy, 5.1% unemployment, the bail outs repaid with interest, the Dow is at 16000, credit is flowing, and gas prices are 50% lower than GWB's last year. But yeah, let's please elect another republican to "fix this mess". People who don't learn from their mistakes are bound to repeat them....have fun with that.

And why is the republican answer always more military? To be the party of jesus, you guys sure like killing folks...and not helping the poor. Ironic.

Right now we spend more on defense than the next 8 countries below us combined. We really need to spend more??

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.

Last edited by Doc Oc; 09-24-2015 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 2
      09-24-2015, 12:31 PM   #15
vachss
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 Coupe

Quote:
All the above naturally if he or she has control of congress too as Obama did for 2 years and the next president will for at least 2 also.
Quick history refresher my little friend. Obama had true control of congress for 4 *months* not 2 years. First Norm Coleman tied up the Minnesota Senatorial result for 6 months, preventing Al Franken from being seated until July of 2009. Then Ted Kennedy died in August - leaving the Democrats with a filibuster-proof supermajority for 1 month. Then Paul Kirk was appointed his replacement in September, but Republican Scott Brown won the Massachusetts seat shortly thereafter, and the democrats haven't had enough of a majority to stop a filibuster since.

During their very brief interval of control the senate Democrats managed to pass the ACA and Dodd-Frank. Just think of all the delightful liberal mayhem they might have been able to enact if they really had control for anything close to 2 years.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 12:34 PM   #16
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachss View Post
Quick history refresher my little friend. Obama had true control of congress for 4 *months* not 2 years. First Norm Coleman tied up the Minnesota Senatorial result for 6 months, preventing Al Franken from being seated until July of 2009. Then Ted Kennedy died in August - leaving the Democrats with a filibuster-proof supermajority for 1 month. Then Paul Kirk was appointed his replacement in September, but Republican Scott Brown won the Massachusetts seat shortly thereafter, and the democrats haven't had enough of a majority to stop a filibuster since.

During their very brief interval of control the senate Democrats managed to pass the ACA and Dodd-Frank. Just think of all the delightful liberal mayhem they might have been able to enact if they really had control for anything close to 2 years.
And now the GOP, whose only policy since 2008 has been to obstruct, can sit back and say how bad BO was. Funny how that works. What's sad is that so many people buy into it.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 12:40 PM   #17
unluky
Captain
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
And now the GOP, whose only policy since 2008 has been to obstruct, can sit back and say how bad BO was. Funny how that works. What's sad is that so many people buy into it.
No - they will just blame everything on the last guy for 8 years.....worked for the Dems! =)
      09-24-2015, 12:54 PM   #18
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
No - they will just blame everything on the last guy for 8 years.....worked for the Dems! =)
But the dems kinda had a point with GWB, no? What else could've gone wrong during his 8 years? Biggest terrorist attack on american soil ever (and jeb had the nerve to say his brother kept us safe), huge debt, 2 wars, and then ending with the 2nd great depression. Not a great 8 years.....and I voted for him the first time!

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 12:55 PM   #19
SoCal235
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
Yup, just like the dipshit that started this thread ... yes fundguy, I mean you.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 12:57 PM   #20
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

SoCal is here, be careful people because he will get all grammar Nazi on your ass if you start kicking his ass in an argument.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 01:02 PM   #21
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post

I agree. Right now insider info is not illegal to use for personal gains by Congress but is by you and me.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #22
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

I offer real problems. Most don't address how they would fix. I don't agree with Gabe but I respect him for trying. Just sounds like a socialist college professor vomiting.
Appreciate 0