BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Biblical times?

03-30-2020, 07:42 PM   #89
TrevorM3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Completely unnecessary. He didn't direct a comment at you. If you don't like the topic then why not go find something else that interests you? Does it honestly make you feel better to demean someone's belief in such a rude way? I would hope not.

yea, i feel better actually. This guy is in here preaching about the end of the world, and he hopes we're ready? i tell him to fuck off, and you're upset?

post 77 in here ftw.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 08:09 PM   #90
rebekahb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:
Completely unnecessary. He didn't direct a comment at you. If you don't like the topic then why not go find something else that interests you? Does it honestly make you feel better to demean someone's belief in such a rude way? I would hope not.

yea, i feel better actually. This guy is in here preaching about the end of the world, and he hopes we're ready? i tell him to fuck off, and you're upset?

post 77 in here ftw.
He said it doesn't mean it's the end. Upset, no. I just find it pathetic that you have to speak to someone else that way when you don't agree with their beliefs. There are more effective ways to get your point across. He wasn't rude or nasty in his comments so curious as to why you feel the need to be so aggressive back.
Appreciate 4
SakhirM410204.00
Nuckle862.50
Roma_335i392.50
ny325613.00

03-30-2020, 09:42 PM   #91
Nuckle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ntral-n1172376
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 10:04 PM   #92
Nuckle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:

post 77 in here ftw.
Preaching? Really?

Why are you angry? Why do you feel the need to be nasty towards anyone here? Does it feel good?
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410204.00
Roma_335i392.50

03-30-2020, 10:11 PM   #93
NEfan508
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

I like these sub forums not political and mostly fun to read

Maybe we should add no politics and no religion

We ALL like bimmers, we are all guys that look twice at women wearing short shorts and like BBQ
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 10:19 PM   #94
jimbobiggens
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
Mmmmm BBQ

No, this isn't the end. I'm not sure this qualifies as a plague either because none of the plagues in the Bible came with certificates of authenticity. Makes it hard to tell if this is a real plague or a knockoff made in China. Oh wait....
Murf9931955.00
minn196907.00

03-30-2020, 11:24 PM   #95
Roma_335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Few and diffrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
In before thread is deleted!!

Just as I can't prove that what is described (i'm focusing on miracles etc) in the bible did not happen, people of faith also cannot prove it did happen, hence the term people of faith. Their faith is what leads to believe in the bible.

And before people of faith jump in, I do believe that a man named Jesus lived and that many of his teachings are likely real. Frankly most of these teachings are simply good advice for humans in general but I don't believe he is the son of God etc. All I know is I live as a good person, being kind to others and treating people with respect (unless they prove to not deserve it!) and when my time is I'll go with a clear conscience.
Miracles did happen and they do happen even today. Mostly happen in the countries/tribes were people did not hear about God and they need a miracle to see that the word of God is real. I know a story a guy told when he was in Soviet Union when it still existed. He had on his heart that he has to leave on a missionary trip. They were poor, he was married and had few kids and he ended up going on the missionary. And later on the family didn't have enough food they were going low on money because the husband was the one working only. And one day the door bell rings and when they opened the door there was a man standing with bread and other products. He said that he had a dream and he seen the address and the needs of the family and he decided to go there and bring them food. For me this is a miracle. God makes miracles even now, maybe there not as big as Jesus used to do but small ones still happen.
And where will you go with a clean conscience? Not talking about you, but if a person didn't repent his sins and doesn't believe in Jesus Christ as the savior and didn't come to the cross, what's the point of his life? 60 years 70, 100 years but what about the eternal life? You can life a perfect life before the people, they can all talk good about you, but if you knew Jesus and didn't submit your life to him, then all is useless.
DocRace 6266 single turbo.

Last edited by Roma_335i; 03-31-2020 at 12:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
Nuckle862.50

03-30-2020, 11:51 PM   #96
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

I absolutely do believe that we reaching the return of Jesus. Now I have absolutely zero clue when that will be. But there is enough "End of Days" things happening that should cause everyone to at the least, pray and consult with a higher power...
ny325613.00

03-31-2020, 12:20 AM   #97
Roma_335i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Pfffft it's all made up anyways, the whole religion thing is hilarious. it's 2020 guys. Spoiler alert, there is no sky daddy.
Your right it's not the sky daddy. But it's out God Jesus Christ the creator of the galaxies, planets, stars and all the stuff that we see. And including us humans as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 12:23 AM   #98
Nuckle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
I mean if this truly is a biblical plague shouldn't it wipe out the sinners?... bible says the meek would inherit the earth right? It seems the young party animals who want to drink and twerk will inherit it from all the data i'm seeing about this virus affecting the old.

I guess god works in mysterious ways.

[IMG]https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2...&auto=webp[/IMG]

[IMG]https://a57.foxnews.com/cf-images.us...?ve=1&tl=1[/IMG]
God works in his ways and for his glory. Sometimes we don't understand it. There are no guarantees to a Christians earthly life that is will be saved, not suffer, not have hard times or go through life without loss. There could and may be a time where the suffering of a Christian will be used to turn your life towards Jesus. I hope and pray that happens for you. Your profession already shows your compassion and regardless of your stance on Christian faith I appreciate what you do. God bless you and I hope you stay safe.
Appreciate 2
      03-31-2020, 12:27 AM   #99
Roma_335i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
God works in his ways and for his glory. Sometimes we don't understand it. There are no guarantees to a Christians earthly life that is will be saved, not suffer, not have hard times or go through life without loss. There could and may be a time where the suffering of a Christian will be used to turn your life towards Jesus. I hope and pray that happens for you. Your profession already shows your compassion and regardless of your stance on Christian faith I appreciate what you do. God bless you and I hope you stay safe.
God works in his ways and for his glory. Something we don't understand.
Really true, we can't always understand God's plans.
Appreciate 2
      03-31-2020, 12:28 AM   #100
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Good fortune and bad happen to people everyday, it's no miracle. If you're looking for good you will see it has nothing to do with god. Just like when you buy a car you notice others having that car. Seek and yea shall find.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 02:03 AM   #101
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT

5.7 earthquake in SLC

The trumpet on the Angel Moroni statue on top of the temple fell.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 05:29 AM   #102
Littlebear
Major Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

Check out all the religio's who insisted on congregating, even after the virus was found to multiply in such groups.
Korea, Lynchville VA (Jerry Falwell's college), the bunch of preachers being charged after this last Sunday....

This is only one example of why some prefer science over ancient creation myths.

But, it is considered uncouth to discuss religion among polite people. That's why we ask them to self-segregate into the discussion group listed above.

Murf

Last edited by Littlebear; 03-31-2020 at 06:16 AM..
Appreciate 2
minn196907.00
buldogge111.50

03-31-2020, 05:48 AM   #103
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Check out all the religio's who insisted on congregating, even after the virus was found to multiply in such groups.
Korea, Lynchville VA (Jerry Falwell's college), the bunch of preachers being charged after this last Sunday....
This is only one example of why some prefer science over ancient creation myths.

But, it is considered uncouth to discuss religion among polite people. That's why we ask them to self-segregate into the discussion group listed above.

Murf
My dad is a minister....but he shut down services weeks ago. Some of the people didn't like it, but he said that God gives you the wisdom to make decisions in situations like these..... and a lot times that wisdom is just plain common sense.
rebekahb425.00
minn196907.00

03-31-2020, 06:09 AM   #104
Chihuahua
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
My dad is a minister....but he shut down services weeks ago. Some of the people didn't like it, but he said that God gives you the wisdom to make decisions in situations like these..... and a lot times that wisdom is just plain common sense.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...eriffs-office/
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 06:18 AM   #105
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma_335i View Post
Miracles did happen and they do happen even today. Mostly happen in the countries/tribes were people did not hear about God and they need a miracle to see that the word of God is real. I know a story a guy told when he was in Soviet Union when it still existed. He had on his heart that he has to leave on a missionary trip. They were poor, he was married and had few kids and he ended up going on the missionary. And later on the family didn't have enough food they were going low on money because the husband was the one working only. And one day the door bell rings and when they opened the door there was a man standing with bread and other products. He said that he had a dream and he seen the address and the needs of the family and he decided to go there and bring them food. For me this is a miracle. God makes miracles even now, maybe there not as big as Jesus used to do but small ones still happen.
And where will you go with a clean conscience? Not talking about you, but if a person didn't repent his sins and doesn't believe in Jesus Christ as the savior and didn't come to the cross, what's the point of his life? 60 years 70, 100 years but what about the eternal life? You can life a perfect life before the people, they can all talk good about you, but if you knew Jesus and didn't submit your life to him, then all is useless.
While I appreciate your conviction and faith it is not something I believe in. And frankly I don't believe in eternal life/after life either so when I said "when I go" I simply meant when I die and not when I "go to heaven" or any other afterlife.
Appreciate 1
Murf9931955.00

03-31-2020, 08:54 AM   #106
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

I've stayed out of this thread, but I think those that know me on here know I'm a "bible thumper", born again Christian.

I'm not surprised at some of the hostility coming from VisualEcho and others though, and I'm somewhat surprised that those who are Christians here seem taken aback by it.

Remember John 15:17-19 which says "This is My command to you: Love one another. If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first. If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."

Expect that the world will be hostile to what we believe. And when they aren't, its a nice surprise. But here's the key - verse 17 - love one another. Still. In spite of a hostile response. Turn the other cheek. Yeah, it sucks. Yeah it hurts our pride and we want to respond with the same vitriol. But that isn't what we are called to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
5.7 earthquake in SLC

The trumpet on the Angel Moroni statue on top of the temple fell.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
Let me guess - "And you feel fine"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
It is cases like these that technology shines. We've moved to online broadcasts, which while not the same, is still great and better than not meeting. Churches where possible should use this technology. Those that can't, maybe split into small groups.
Appreciate 2
Murf9931955.00

03-31-2020, 08:56 AM   #107
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Seems we can only fix this with a sword fight
at sundown, behind the Circle K on main street. be there or be square
I see what you did here. A clever little pickle.
Appreciate 2
minn196907.00

03-31-2020, 09:17 AM   #108
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Looking back through history there have been virus's that were far worse and more deadly, this one is actually very minor compared to some. Another reason to be educated on what has happened in the past and get ready for the future.

03-31-2020, 09:29 AM   #109
Murf993
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911

My father was raised Irish Catholic and mom is English Protestant.....we weren't sent to church although went on occasion.

What was always impressed on us was the Golden Rule.....simple words to live by regardless of a pandemic or any other game changer....and for what it's worth it works pretty good during the normal day to day life.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 09:49 AM   #110
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma_335i View Post

So, what about the billions of people who have chosen faith through other religions?

On a humorous note, Southpark taught us which religion was the correct "choice".
Now_Rudi7546.50