BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Lucky to be Alive...X5 Saved my Life

11-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #67
Chrisrw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
1 conviction where she lost her license
1 (pending) 2nd DWI action
1 recent crash where she refused to have her BAC measured

and SHE'S STILL RELEASED ON HER ON RECOGNIZANCE?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost everyone gets their own recog. Anything except for very violent offences will earn someone a recog.

07 335i / Black on Red / Sport / Premium / 19'' Rims / Matte Black 18'' Winters / Vishnu / DCI / CF wrap / HID AE / OEM lip / H&R race / Titek / HKS
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #68
shipill
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Macan S

I am glad you guys are ok.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #69
shipill
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkhan View Post
DAMN!!! So glad to hear everyone one is fine and the baby is uninjured! Thanks to BMW for sure.

Hope that bitch is put behind bars.

Here she is:

and her real estate agent page:

http://www.corcoran.com/agents/profi...rid=CJDEPERSIA

apparently her ex-husband is no good either:

http://therealdeal.com/newyork/artic...riving-offense
she looks like crack whore.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 02:14 AM   #70
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

* License Suspension – 1 Year Minimum

thats it for 3rd offense? it should be at least 10 years minimum like jersey

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 02:33 AM   #71
Schm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Bitches get stitches. I vote we help MoreCowbell in anyway possible. Driving is not a right- ITS A PRIVILEGE. And hers should be revoked. And she obviously is not capable of making good decisions in life, it's obvious that her living privileges should be revoked and she should spend some quality time in jail.

Lawyer up OP and best of luck on recovery! You were very fortunate to be in an X5, especially against a large Land Rover.
      12-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #72
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Hey Guys,

OP Here. Not much I can really say about our injuries, on the advice of my lawyer. What I can say is "Thank You". The outpouring of love and support and been overwhelming from every part of our lives.

The story has spread like wildfire, as it even hit the New York Post's "Page Six" today. Amazing. Just amazing.

Everytime I look at my 15 month old little boy I can't help but get emotional knowing that he was thisclose to not having his Mommy and Daddy there for him.

Praise BMW...the X5 is a fn tank. I've even spoken to some of the higher-ups at BMW NA today to tell them what a great ob the car did. They were thrilled to hear this and said theyd be calling up follow-up questions and may even want to see the car for there own education.

I could use some advice on the car front...

As of now, the Auto-Body place is saying I have $33,000 worth of damage. To total the car, they need to get to $42,000. I have 12 months left on a 36 month lease. If they don't find another $9000 in damage when they lift the car, I have a real problem.

My wife WILL NOT EVER set foot in that car again. She'd get another X5 in a split second because of how it saved us...but this particular car she's not going anywhere near. It's just too emotional and scary and I don't blame her. What do I do?

Here is another damage photo...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #73
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

It's incredible that they can't total out a car that looks like that. Is the car at a BMW dealer? It needs to go to a BMW dealer and you need to tell them to write up a very thorough estimate using only BMW OEM parts. I had a 335xi which was flooded up to the sidemarkers but looked much less damaged than yours and it had over $30k in damage no problem. Totaled right away.
Archived: 2019 Ford GT350 Ford Performance Blue/Dark Slate, 2012 BMW X5 50i Alpine White/Black, 2014 BMW 320i M Sport Melbourne Red/Black, 2009 BMW DINAN3 Alpine White/Black, 2008 BMW 335xi Alpine White/Black, 1998 BMW 328is Avus Blue/Tan
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #74
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
It's incredible that they can't total out a car that looks like that. Is the car at a BMW dealer? It needs to go to a BMW dealer and you need to tell them to write up a very thorough estimate using only BMW OEM parts. I had a 335xi which was flooded up to the sidemarkers but looked much less damaged than yours and it had over $30k in damage no problem. Totaled right away.
After the accident the police towed it to a local auto body place. The Geico adjuster did the estimate I am referring to above. When he was done with the estimate, I had it towed to an autobody place my family has been dealing with for years. He is going to look at it tomorrow and try to find the 9k more in damage. If he can't find it can I still send it to a bmw dealership or am I out of luck at that point?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #75
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

you have the right to bring it to any place you want. i would def try a bmw dealership though. also did you give the guys at mac a try as im sure they can help you out greatly as well.

glad nobody got hurt. be safe & all the best
      12-02-2010, 02:03 AM   #76
Torn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 GTR

Oh man! Glad to hear the X did its job and protected you guys! I hope that lady gets what she deserves. A third offense is ridiculous; she should not have a license and should be in jail. In jersey, the law on DUI's are crazy strict if I am not mistaken.

Hope all is well brotha and wish you all the best recovery!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #77
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

There's got to be major frame damage on that side. If insurance stands firm on the repair, I'd turn it in early and pay the extra to get out of the lease. If momma ain't happy, NOBODY is happy.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #78
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Get rid of the car. After an accident like that I would not trust the frame of that car to take another impact like that.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #79
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
My wife and I, along with my buddy and his pregnant wife were driving home from a movie last night on Montauk Highway when a Drunk Driver cross over the median and slammed into us. We all had to climb out of the car, covered in blood and glass. The unborn baby as is fine, the expectant mother has cracked ribs. My wife has a severely broken nose and broken bones in her face.

THIS WAS THE THIRD FUCKING OFFENSE FOR THE OTHER DRIVER!!! SHE IS CHARGED WITH A FELONY. SHE COULD HAVE KILLED THE MOTHER OF MY SON!!! I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL SHE IS BEHIND BARS!!!
Wow, that's crazy.... I drove by this just as they opened the road again I saw your car. Lucky you're OK
      12-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #80
TMNT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330ci ZHP

Glad your safe man....a 3rd DUI arrest is ridiculous. I realize she already had her license suspended after the second one when she hit you. This tells me and eventually the court that she has no respect for the law and the punishments she previously received.

3-5 years behind bars is what I would expect to see.

She is going to see some real jail time that's for sure and rightfully so. Plus, her license should also be revoked for the rest of her life.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #81
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Here's the version that came out in The Southampton Press police report today:

http://www.27east.com/news/article.c...-Bridgehampton
      12-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #82
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
you might want to do some more research on totalling out a vehicle that is leased. From what I remember, and I could be wrong, but if you put down a down payment at the beginning of your lease, and if you total the car, you don't get that back, so you wouldn't be able to transfer that down payment onto a new lease. If that is the case, I'd have them fix the car and ride it out for the remainder of the 12 months so you get your "money's" worth. But then again I understand the emotional aspect of the situation so depending on your financial situation you may be better off trying to total the vehicle out.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #83
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
you might want to do some more research on totalling out a vehicle that is leased. From what I remember, and I could be wrong, but if you put down a down payment at the beginning of your lease, and if you total the car, you don't get that back, so you wouldn't be able to transfer that down payment onto a new lease. If that is the case, I'd have them fix the car and ride it out for the remainder of the 12 months so you get your "money's" worth. But then again I understand the emotional aspect of the situation so depending on your financial situation you may be better off trying to total the vehicle out.
I never put down money on a lease and this is the reason...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #84
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Fuck behind bars, don't stop until that bitch is 6 feet under.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #85
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

I am glad to hear you all were not seriously injured.

I know you feel angry about this and the women, but do not allow it to eat you up.

This women was obviously coached very well thus her reason for refusing the breathalyzer test, without this the state has an up hill battle. Any good lawyer will be able to argue her slurred speech and her inability to walk straight was a result of the accident. He will argue she probably had a concision.

Also, you will have no say so on what the DA will do if they plead it out or take it to court. Victim have no say in what charges are filled and what plead deals the DA will do.

If you want to make an example of her, do it civilly, the burden of proof is a lot less and you can have more control over the outcome.

On getting it fix, I would do like others suggest take it to BMW and have them fix it, they will not fix or agree to fix it if they can not return it to factory specs. A buddy of mine BMW was in accident and the insurance force them to repair it be after all the work it was not right and he got BMW involved and they inspected the work and refuse to honor any of the remaining warranty on the car since it was not to factory specifications. They will not allow the car to be repair if they feel it will not be 100% correct. That is your best bet to get it totaled out.

Also keep in mind what the other person said, you may loose the lease deposit so you need to negotiate this with the insurance company, they need to make you whole, in the end her insurance will have to pay so you insurance should cover you.

Last edited by Maestro; 12-03-2010 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #86
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
I never put down money on a lease and this is the reason...
awesome. then get a sledge hammar and get to work. jk. i didnt read all the other responses about the damage estimates but if I were you I would take it to a couple different bodyshops to see if they can bump up the estimate to reach that totaled out level.

Another thing I heard from a friend not long ago was that although dollar wise it may not reach that salvaged title level, I heard that you could deny getting the car fixed b/c you can tell them you dont feel safe in that car b/c of all the damage, etc... Whether or not this is true I can't confirm this, but this is something you might want to try out if it comes down to your last resort.

Secondly, did the shop check to see if there was any damage to the frame of the car? If there's anything bent they're supposed to automatically total it out. I would guess that from an impact shown, it would have damaged the framing on that one side, no?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #87
Schm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

I don't know about the lease, but is there any way to claim the lost value due to the accident history of the vehicle? Just a thought, as it will probably have a crash/salvage/frame damage on the title.
      12-21-2010, 05:05 AM   #88
pony_trekker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535 x drive

Drunk driving laws are a joke in this country. In Europe, yes you can drink, but if you're caught driving you do jail time.

This woman should get effing life since she ain't ever going to change.

I'd sue the state for letting her drive.
Appreciate 0