BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Things that annoy you at the gym

02-15-2018, 02:39 AM   #1101
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Also-

Annoyed by dudes who barely know you, see you take your preworkout in the bathroom and ask for a scoop.

Like MOTHERFUCKER- DO YOU KNOW THAT DMAA IS BANNED??? AND THIS IS MY LAST TUB OF MESOMORPH (which I'm only taking on leg day- use the new version without DMAA for everything else)

I told the dude "not to be a dick, but it's my last tub...so no"

I will cry on my last scoop...for real.
Attached Images

02-15-2018, 02:49 AM   #1102
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Clenbuterol + Ostarine/stenobolic(SARMS) brah.

It's one step away from roids- but your balls don't shrink, and you can still bone like a champ. And it's tablets, so no need to inject. AND once you're around 14-15% bf, helps get you down to 10-12 (or lower depending where you're at) you're going to feel strong as fuck though, and keep loads of oxygen in.

Shaky hands like a mother fucker though (because of the clen)

It's worth researching - I'm considering doing it this summer now that I'm getting older. I'm just scared I'll turn to steroids next.

Then I'll be annoyed at my small balls, back acne and balding head.
Just FYI....Clen can really raise your resting body temp which is dangerous and those type of pills are awful for your liver.
Appreciate 1
Hawkeye2069.50
      02-15-2018, 02:56 AM   #1103
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Quote:

It's one step away from roids- but your balls don't shrink, and you can still bone like a champ. And it's tablets, so no need to inject. AND once you're around 14-15% bf, helps get you down to 10-12 (or lower depending where you're at) you're going to feel strong as fuck though, and keep loads of oxygen in.

It's worth researching - I'm considering doing it this summer now that I'm getting older. I'm just scared I'll turn to steroids next.

Just FYI....Clen can really raise your resting body temp which is dangerous and those type of pills are awful for your liver.
Totally with you.

I've seen both extremes- a dude who took only 80 mcgs and another who took 180- both running ketotifen for 4 weeks straight -

The abuse of such a harsh pill was obvious in the latter (like he had insane side effects, especially the shakes and short of breath while we'd be working out)

The guy who limited himself to 80 barely felt anything (sides) and lost 3.7% bf (macro counting with a slight caloric deficit) .

In considering running a 4 week cycle before my best friends wedding (with keto to keep the beta 2s up-regulated) in July.

Or I could just start dieting in like...April/mayish- but caloric deficits annoy me.

Side note- researching Andarine (it's like clen, but a SARM) so that way i could potentially avoid using it all together and i don't ever want to touch steroids so that's out of the question.

I just hate that I've seen the befores/afters of clen. It does work if you have a good diet 6 days out of the week and a good gym regimen
      02-15-2018, 03:37 AM   #1104
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Oh also- back to thread topic-

I fucking hate (most not all) franchise chain personal trainers.

So today was leg day and was doing hamstring curls towards the end of my workout - and mind you- it was a lonely evening cause others were getting some- and just the few losers with no valentines were at the gym.

also/ there are 3 hamstring curl machines RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER- and I'm the only one using one, so I leave my towel and my lifting belt on the machine while I go get water.

I come back- and douche bag trainer has already moved my stuff and his client is looking at me like "uh, I'm just doing what he's telling me to do"

I asked captain dickhead why he moved my stuff when there are two other machines available- to which he responded "what you can't share?"

To which I responded "I have zero issue sharing when it's a packed gym- but it's also called common courtesy to ask if you can set in before you move their shit"

Captain dickhead then puffs his chest out and says to me "I asked around" (no one was around to ask

I stood their waiting for his client to finish up, and told him infront of his trainer "it's nothing against you, just learn from what you saw- don't be THAT (pointing at his trainer) guy"

I saw captain homo then talking to a manager so who knows what's gonna happen to my la fitness membership, but I usually go to 24 anyways.
      02-15-2018, 05:33 AM   #1105
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Quote:
No way in hell is dieting down easier than bulking.

Take it from a dude who was heavier as a kid, got super skinny in my late teens, and have since maintained a decent weight.

I HATE cutting. I don't even mind cardio, I enjoy it. It's the diet that blows.

Bulking (like now) is cakkkkkeeee
Quote:

Take it from a dude who was heavier as a kid, got super skinny in my late teens, and have since maintained a decent weight.

Lol

U know Cutting is faster. . U just don’t like the dieting. Hardcore dieting most people can take their body fat from over 35% to something around 20% in 6 months... yes dieting sucks for most people... but it’s easier than working to gain 5 lbs of lean mass except year 1 gains.

I think people have a hard time with dieting because they always stay in a large deficit and watch the scale religiously with no cheat days. Once you figure out your carbs protein, leptin, insulin and glycogen and eating windows... cutting is relatively easy . I mean I have 2 cheat days a week each time I bring my carbs to 400-550 grams... of course I drop it to sub 100 grams on other days. so I’m actually eating cake lol. Protein I do .8 grams per lean body mass. But for this convo it’s all about the cake...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 06:37 AM   #1106
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Most low bf% muscular dudes were skinny growing up. Most high bf% muscular dudes have always been husky/fat and just suck at dieting and cardio.

I’m somewhere in purgatory in between. Can’t get rid of 10-15 lbs on my gut no matter what I try, and I can never stick to an effective diet
Are you in a caloric deficit?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 06:43 AM   #1107
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Quote:

So today was leg day and was doing hamstring curls towards the end of my workout - and mind you- it was a lonely evening cause others were getting some- and just the few losers with no valentines were at the gym.

also/ there are 3 hamstring curl machines RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER- and I'm the only one using one, so I leave my towel and my lifting belt on the machine while I go get water.

I come back- and douche bag trainer has already moved my stuff and his client is looking at me like "uh, I'm just doing what he's telling me to do"

I asked captain dickhead why he moved my stuff when there are two other machines available- to which he responded "what you can't share?"

To which I responded "I have zero issue sharing when it's a packed gym- but it's also called common courtesy to ask if you can set in before you move their shit"

Captain dickhead then puffs his chest out and says to me "I asked around" (no one was around to ask

I stood their waiting for his client to finish up, and told him infront of his trainer "it's nothing against you, just learn from what you saw- don't be THAT (pointing at his trainer) guy"

I saw captain homo then talking to a manager so who knows what's gonna happen to my la fitness membership, but I usually go to 24 anyways.
As someone who was a trainer out of golds for 5 years, I have to say the majority of trainers that came through that place were 100% bros. We had one idiot screwing around with his clients keys trying to sign her in and he broke her pepper spray container - whole gym evacuated.

On the other hand, if you could see some of the bullshit we witnessed from the regular gym members - Lord. Never again will I work in a commercial gym.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2018, 06:53 AM   #1108
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Quote:

As someone who was a trainer out of golds for 5 years, I have to say the majority of trainers that came through that place were 100% bros. We had one idiot screwing around with his clients keys trying to sign her in and he broke her pepper spray container - whole gym evacuated.

On the other hand, if you could see some of the bullshit we witnessed from the regular gym members - Lord. Never again will I work in a commercial gym.
Not sure if you've seen the Instagram account of gym fuckery- but I'm sure it's a lot of that that you would encounter from the gym goers.

And see- that's the sad part. I KNOW of personal trainers (my strength coach- Molivate, for anyone in the SoCal Long Beach area) and his staff are god sends. A few friends who have gone on to open their own personal training centers are legit too. But it's these "bros" who walk around like they own the commercial gyms that make a lot of people distrust trainers as a whole- something I used to feel until I met my current strength coach. It's sad that they give REAL trainers a bad rep.
      02-15-2018, 07:19 AM   #1109
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt12 View Post
Quote:

Quote:

Lol

U know Cutting is faster. . U just donÂ’t like the dieting. Hardcore dieting most people can take their body fat from over 35% to something around 20% in 6 months... yes dieting sucks for most people... but itÂ’s easier than working to gain 5 lbs of lean mass except year 1 gains.

I think people have a hard time with dieting because they always stay in a large deficit and watch the scale religiously with no cheat days. Once you figure out your carbs protein, leptin, insulin and glycogen and eating windows... cutting is relatively easy . I mean I have 2 cheat days a week each time I bring my carbs to 400-550 grams... of course I drop it to sub 100 grams on other days. so IÂ’m actually eating cake lol. Protein I do .8 grams per lean body mass. But for this convo itÂ’s all about the cake...
Hah agree, I do the same thing thing, but only 1 cheat day a week. Bit more aggressive cut, aiming for 2.5-3 lbs a week.

Cheat day (even though it isn't exactly "cheating" since there are benefits to this) involves Five Guys, Chipotle, Doughnuts, and FroYo

I read a study on NCBI that found an average lifter who trains 5-7 times a week can only put on body fat in a single day of overeating when he goes above about 10,500 - 13,000 calories for the day. Then everything above is roughly 1 lb of fat per 3,500 cals. So anything roughly below 10,000 cals will not put on any significant body fat; if anything, below 1 lb of fat, which is a negligible amount. I believe our glycogen stores can hold about 1,100g of carbs, depending on factors like LBM of course.

Rest of week is below 100g carbs...found its pretty easy to stick to as I don't even have time to eat anyways.

Cutting will for me be eternally easier than bulking.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 07:32 AM   #1110
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Lol

U know Cutting is faster. . U just don’t like the dieting. Hardcore dieting most people can take their body fat from over 35% to something around 20% in 6 months... yes dieting sucks for most people... but it’s easier than working to gain 5 lbs of lean mass except year 1 gains.

I think people have a hard time with dieting because they always stay in a large deficit and watch the scale religiously with no cheat days. Once you figure out your carbs protein, leptin, insulin and glycogen and eating windows... cutting is relatively easy . I mean I have 2 cheat days a week each time I bring my carbs to 400-550 grams... of course I drop it to sub 100 grams on other days. so I’m actually eating cake lol. Protein I do .8 grams per lean body mass. But for this convo it’s all about the cake...
Hah agree, I do the same thing thing, but only 1 cheat day a week. Bit more aggressive cut, aiming for 2.5-3 lbs a week.

Cheat day (even though it isn't exactly "cheating" since there are benefits to this) involves Five Guys, Chipotle, Doughnuts, and FroYo

I read a study on NCBI that found an average lifter who trains 5-7 times a week can only put on body fat in a single day of overeating when he goes above about 10,500 - 13,000 calories for the day. Then everything above is roughly 1 lb of fat per 3,500 cals. So anything roughly below 10,000 cals will not put on any significant body fat; if anything, below 1 lb of fat, which is a negligible amount. I believe our glycogen stores can hold about 1,100g of carbs, depending on factors like LBM of course.

Rest of week is below 100g carbs...found its pretty easy to stick to as I don't even have time to eat anyways.

Cutting will for me be eternally easier than bulking.
I eat like 100g of carbs per meal a day. Every day.

Then on cheat days, it's 200gs. So I'm technically on a deficit most days
      02-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #1111
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:

Sarms are garbage and clen is way more dangerous than any steroid, just stick to ephedrine if you need an appetite suppressor/energy for cardio and T3 if you are naturally low in production.

Diet and lots of incline treadmill walking is the only way Ive got under. 12%, being naturally skimnyfat sucks
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 08:33 AM   #1112
JimVonBaden
BMW Cool Aide!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Convertible

Quote:

This is true. I was a skinny kid, got fat as I aged, and have struggled to lose weight despite being very active and in otherwise good shape. Dieting really sucks.
      02-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #1113
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Which was the reason people inject....to by pass the liver issue. The most I did back in day was and ECA stack to diet down. But that was before I knew how to eat.

I’m happy natural... no small balls for me . Goal is to get to 5’8”. 185 jacked
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 07:41 PM   #1114
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Which was the reason people inject....to by pass the liver issue. The most I did back in day was and ECA stack to diet down. But that was before I knew how to eat.

I’m happy natural... no small balls for me . Goal is to get to 5’8”. 185 jacked
I hear ya brotien! I’m same, fully natty at 5’10 185, big balls! Haaa. Most proud of my balanced fitness. Strength Speed Mobility Agility! You keep living the Natty Life 👍
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 12:42 AM   #1115
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Went to a new gym tonight

Low carb day + deadlifts = recipe for disaster.

Everything felt heavy.

That or the plates at this gym are heavier (you guys know what I mean- some gyms just feel that way)

So not sure what annoyed me today

Low carb day.

Or new gym and its excessive pull of gravity.

Either way, annoyed at the bad work out.
      02-16-2018, 03:52 AM   #1116
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:

Everything felt heavy.

That or the plates at this gym are heavier (you guys know what I mean- some gyms just feel that way)

Low carb day.

Those days happen from time to time bro, just put it in your rear view. Make it up on your next training sesh....HULK MODE!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 04:47 AM   #1117
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Those days happen from time to time bro, just put it in your rear view. Make it up on your next training sesh....HULK MODE!!!!
Or eat some carbs...
Can’t be doing heavy lifts on low carbs!!!
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      02-16-2018, 10:12 PM   #1118
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Or eat some carbs...
Can’t be doing heavy lifts on low carbs!!!
Quote:
Quote:

Everything felt heavy.

Low carb day.

Was definitely what bt12 said- I thought it was the non DMAA mesomorph (which surprisingly is good!) went today well rested, well fed- and smashed. Everything felt light

Silly me. I'm a pro and all, but I still make rookie mistakes from time to time like deadlifting heavy on low carb days.
      02-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #1119
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Was definitely what bt12 said- I thought it was the non DMAA mesomorph (which surprisingly is good!) went today well rested, well fed- and smashed. Everything felt light

Silly me. I'm a pro and all, but I still make rookie mistakes from time to time like deadlifting heavy on low carb days.
Another thing to consider which I try and stay on top of is....doing consecutive days of big Central Nervous System zapping lifts ie... Deads Squats Oly lifts. The CNS can only handle so much. I make sure to back off some of those type lifts or go lower in weight. I have found allowing CNS to recover translates to better performance in my programming.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 02:07 PM   #1120
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Yeah true. I have issues doing back(deads) day before or after legs. Partially due to back pain also. Did 185 strict press last night after doing bunch of sets before for reps.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 11:57 AM   #1121
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Annoyed i cant go to at the gym... for 2 weeks. Between vaca and traveling for work. Wont be near a gym for weeks... all cardio. I can do some light bench press but not the same.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #1122
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Annoyed i cant go to at the gym... for 2 weeks. Between vaca and traveling for work. Wont be near a gym for weeks... all cardio. I can do some light bench press but not the same.
The “Gym” is everywhere! Take those weeks to get creative with body weight movements for time and reps. Example 10 push ups, 15 jumping jacks, 20 air squats 10 rounds for time. You’ll be amazed how well it works!
Appreciate 0