BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Recommended BMW service center in/near Rockland County, NY?

03-27-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
amybang
... and Orca too!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible (AW/CR)

Recommended BMW service center in/near Rockland County, NY?

Hi All --

I'm temporarily located near Nyack, NY for work and so I'm away from a trusted service center for my 2008 128i. I took her in for an oil change in November to my closest dealer (Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley, NY) which of course revealed other things that needed to be done and while they were very nice about everything, there was a series of mishaps with the service that I found very disconcerting (struts needed replacing and while they ordered left and right, two lefts were delivered and installed before they realized?!; gasket needed replacing and after then new one was installed, they noticed that wiring was trapped inside it; etc). So when I had another small issue come up, I was able to wait until I was back home in MA and take it to the dealer where I bought and have usually had it serviced (what is it with the brake sensors dying at 8 years?!)

Anyway the last couple of days I've noticed a lack of power when trying to suddenly accelerate and last night it came to a head when trying to jump onto a freeway. Definitely a problem and then the "service engine soon!" light came on for a while. So, I want this taken care of before I go on a trip back to Boston. I looked at some online reviews of the other dealer options near me and none seemed positive (people only leave reviews when they are pissed) so it's been awhile since I've hung out here, but I figured that someone here would have some useful endorsements. I'm open to a non-BMW-dealer service place but I also suspect that this could be a multi-day repair and I'd need a loaner. I'm also open to returning to Wide World if other people like them, on the chance that I had a really unlucky first experience with them.

Any suggestions welcome!

thanks,
amy!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 06:06 AM   #2
FaMaK
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50 MSport Space Gray

Northeast Motorsports in Mahwah, NJ, about 15-20 mins from you. I have used them for many years, way better than dealer. They are really great. Only do BMW.

http://www.nemotorsportsllc.com/
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 05:30 PM   #3
amybang
... and Orca too!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible (AW/CR)

Thanks! I'll give them a call tomorrow. That pesky light came on again today.

amy!
Appreciate 0