BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board TruGreen

05-08-2021, 11:04 AM   #23
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I use Hulett for pest control and it has worked pretty well. I decided to try them for my lawn a few years back. Basically we were traveling for 3-6 months out of the year and wanted them to just take care of my lawn since I'm not there. Sure no problem we can do that.

Come back to a bunch of dead spots all over my grass. The guy who cuts my lawn said it was chinch bugs or something like that. Anyways I called them up and they were basically like oh well... you need to resod those areas. Canceled that crap. Honestly the grass looks about the same now as it did when I was using their service and I haven't done anything to it so I'm not sure what they did. Luckily they didn't kill the whole thing like OP.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 09:33 AM   #24
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

True green is garbage, they are useless get a sprinkler injection system if you have irrigation and splice it into you sprinkler line.

I have this brand but a much larger tank:

https://www.amazon.com/1-5-Gallon-Ma...C6X5H1W143FBJ6

https://www.amazon.com/EZ-Flo-CBV-10...RFMHBCEZPDS6AH

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1173
Size:  567.7 KB

Last edited by bimmerfrk; 05-09-2021 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #25
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
I just got back from the go-to place here in town that retails as well as services. Their quote to re-sod was ~$9k. As I don't have an irrigation system, that might not be my best approach, but I'm just so exhausted on the subject. I'm looking into removing the entire yard and seeding from scratch. Local store told me it may still be difficult as they are thinking they mistakenly put out herbicide for full scorched earth. Without a soil sample, they're concerned too much fertilizer wouldn't be helpful for new seed growth and if there is pre-emergent more of the same. Soil sample will likely be "step one." That's frustrating because I've been at this for months on end and I now realize I haven't even made it to the first step on getting this resolved.

I sent in something to their chat feature (after being disconnected twice and waiting for someone to respond for nearly two hours) on Friday and was told that a general manager would call me back within 48 hours. I called in to TruGreen again today as I still haven't had anyone reach out and figured I'll just have to cancel and do this on my own. Despite any level of common sense and the call taker seeing in the notes that I've been at this since December, they cannot escalate until three business days have passed. Apparently me (again) asking for someone to call me back on Friday reset the clock on the MANY times someone has said they would call me back. So my issue cannot be escalated to a manager or supervisor until three business days from last Friday has passed. By that logic, you are in a perpetual loop and entirely dependent on someone actually calling you back. Don't you dare follow up asking where your call back is, because then they have "three business days to call you before we can escalate the issue." THE ISSUE HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS CYNTHIA.

Christ.

I'm going to have a damn aneurysm over this.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 12:15 PM   #26
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Agreed. BBB was relevant in the pre-internet days. I've always looked at them as being essentially a Google reviews, Yelp, etc. Just a place to go complain and for others to see that there's complaints. I'd 100% be posting these photos on Google Reviews, Yelp, Instagram #TrueGreenKilledMyLawn, etc.
Funny you should say that. I was considering the same and went to look at reviews. The first one that pops up is someone here in town that ran into the same issue (albeit not as widespread judging by the picture in the review). He makes mention of the same service manager, Ed, that has been worthless for me and everything. Aaaaand...it happened about six months ago (like me).

https://goo.gl/maps/seFjfR2ocucW93Zc8

I wish I knew how to contact this person directly. Looks like they're here in town - curious how they managed.

Ed was to be on site this past Friday to go over everything. No call, no show. Left him two voicemails and still no response to date.

Unbelievable.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614889.50
DETRoadster11446.00
      05-10-2021, 12:45 PM   #27
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Quote:
Agreed. BBB was relevant in the pre-internet days. I've always looked at them as being essentially a Google reviews, Yelp, etc. Just a place to go complain and for others to see that there's complaints. I'd 100% be posting these photos on Google Reviews, Yelp, Instagram #TrueGreenKilledMyLawn, etc.
Funny you should say that. I was considering the same and went to look at reviews. The first one that pops up is someone here in town that ran into the same issue (albeit not as widespread judging by the picture in the review). He makes mention of the same service manager, Ed, that has been worthless for me and everything. Aaaaand...it happened about six months ago (like me).

https://goo.gl/maps/seFjfR2ocucW93Zc8

I wish I knew how to contact this person directly. Looks like they're here in town - curious how they managed.

Ed was to be on site this past Friday to go over everything. No call, no show. Left him two voicemails and still no response to date.

Unbelievable.
Do that soil test on your yard and the yard next door! I got one off Amazon for like $20. Had the results in a week. Would be great to be armed with that before the the manager shows up.

I'd also put an HUGE banner in my front yard that reads "this lawn brought to you by TrueGreen - Ask me how" and send a photo to that worthless manager, True Green HQ, and post to Google, Yelp, etc.
Appreciate 4
Joekerr7926.00
jmack548.50
Buug95916842.50
      05-10-2021, 12:52 PM   #28
Bonk!
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 235i m

Quote:
I'd also put an HUGE banner in my front yard that reads "this lawn brought to you by TrueGreen - Ask me how" and send a photo to that worthless manager, True Green HQ, and post to Google, Yelp, etc.
This is exactly what I was going to say. Put a HUGE sign up that says "lawn by TruGreen" and send the local rep a picture.
Appreciate 3
DETRoadster11446.00
Buug95916842.50
      05-10-2021, 01:04 PM   #29
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 09:08 PM   #30
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Fertilizering is the only thing I do myself when it comes to landscaping. It's quick and easy. Grass is green and I don't even water it
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2021, 11:51 AM   #31
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrk View Post
Interesting; what chemicals specifically are you injecting and how often, etc.?

Suddenly taken an interest in redoing quite a wide section of lawn at my place that has perpetually deteriorated over the years. After dethatching, aerating, seeding, fertilizing, etc. I'm curious to hear the best steps for maintaining the end result.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 01:06 PM   #32
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

I've been toying with the idea of planting micro clover instead of grass. Not positive about it. It will be a PITA to remove if we don't like it.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 01:30 PM   #33
SheWentToJared
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

come correct, give them dead lines and say you've retained and spoken with counsel / not only will be filing suit but filing with your state's attorney general / BBB. this will usually get the ball rolling, but apparently the only way people get answers anymore nowadays when a bad situation occurs is if the SENT message ends with , ESQUIRE. sucks, but reality. good luck to you, stay persistent and get made whole!!!
Appreciate 2
Buug95916842.50
      05-13-2021, 05:29 PM   #34
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
For those interested... I created Reddit and Twitter accounts to get some eyes on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lawncare/co...n_disappeared/

I now have direct contacts with corporate and the zone senior manager flying out to meet with me on Monday.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1614889.50
upstatedoc7555.50
      05-14-2021, 12:40 PM   #35
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Interesting; what chemicals specifically are you injecting and how often, etc.?

Suddenly taken an interest in redoing quite a wide section of lawn at my place that has perpetually deteriorated over the years. After dethatching, aerating, seeding, fertilizing, etc. I'm curious to hear the best steps for maintaining the end result.
this stuff works fine and I add what ever weed preventer killer you prefer to your local weed issues. I dilute it and fill the tank. super easy. need to do it once or twice a month. the tank has a dispersion limiter.

https://www.amazon.com/Grow-More-501...M51KW1XDNMJT60

oh yea make sure you have a back flow limiter on your sprinkler line you don't want that flowing into your house.
      05-14-2021, 01:53 PM   #36
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m5 CP

OP: what exactly did you pay them to do besides weekly maintenance?

From the pictures, your grass looks like it is not being watered. If you go to an irrigation supply house like Horizon, Ewing, Sitone, with a soil sample they will test it for you. I highly doubt they have over fertilized your soil. In 17 years in commercial landacape, i have only come across an over fertilization a couple times. Usually the side effect would be completely fried grass as in no green at all. If i had tk guess, i would say they sprayed your turf with a contaminated spray tank that had been used for a non selective herbicide.

To remedy your turf, you need to leach out the soil through heavy irrigation. At that point you can aerate and the warm season turf will begin coming back on its own.

Pre-emergent would have no effect in new sod. It would prevent seed germination, but it wouldnt affect Sod, especially if you had the soil prepped correctly prior to the sod being put down.

I will reach out to some guya i used to work with at BrightView and see if they know a contact you can reach out to.

What city are you in?
Appreciate 1