BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Lewis Hamilton's contract demand : Mercedes agree to 'Max Verstappen clause' ?!?!

05-06-2021, 02:43 PM   #1585
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Actually you're incorrect again. The number at a good firm is 2.5 to 3.0 percent.
Probably takes into account fake sickness,there's none of that in Merc and I would think its ''genuine'' sickness, think you're making it up as you go along to justify your own means. The reports are genuine and I'm sure you read them...the easiest one you don't have to prove is stomach problems but stress sickness is very serious indeed and if it's happening in any firm its very wrong no matter how few or many people are affected.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2021, 03:21 PM   #1586
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
That's still 30,at a guess,if it's a good firm it would be zero.
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-06-2021, 03:51 PM   #1587
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Hopefully it will rain ''properly'' seing the last prediction from the weathermen that flopped for Portugal. Helmut has said the 16B will be more competitive at Montmelo where sharp turns are not as many as they were at Portimao and grip should be better.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2021, 09:14 PM   #1588
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Hammy keeps saying it’s a very competitive season and Redbull has a championship car.

The hammy doth protest too much, methinks.

It would be great to see a new driver champion, but I’m not sure Max is experienced enough to deal with masterclass cleverness of Hammy.
      05-07-2021, 01:47 AM   #1589
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Hammy keeps saying it’s a very competitive season and Redbull has a championship car.

The hammy doth protest too much, methinks.

It would be great to see a new driver champion, but I’m not sure Max is experienced enough to deal with masterclass cleverness of Hammy.
When hammy has a helping hand from Masi and co seemingly on a regular basis then everyone but hammy is a loser.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2021, 01:52 AM   #1590
M5Rick
General
Rep

*Max himself has just said it could be better and is asking more from his team and support to tackle the monster in his midst.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2021, 05:10 AM   #1591
M5Rick
General
Rep

No surprise really that Checo has been asking Max for more advice on how to tackle driving his 16B as it's different to the pink Merc,in fact it's not even close so would explain to a (racing) point why his pace has not been above average and flopping while leading in Portugal.
Appreciate 2
      05-07-2021, 06:02 AM   #1592
M5Rick
General
Rep

Nothing special with FP1 done BOT marginally on top with Max then hammy. The 33 RB should be fitted with all the upgrades here mainly the diffuser with a wider gap in the middle.

*Bottas has denied a press report that he's in danger of being replaced by Russell later on in the season saying 'that doesn't happen at Petronas Merc'.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2021, 06:55 AM   #1593
JRock80
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5M F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender150 View Post
My 2 cents, although i wanna see fireworks, team bosses dont see it the same way.

Schumacher always had a say in who his teammate was, we all so rubens B......

Nelson piq tried to veto senna out after he had won the wdc.

Senna vetoed derek warwik out of lotus in 86

Schumi even had a say in who replaces Massa and didnt want kimi in
The 2007 ferrari when not there

Winners are super competitive and jeaulous, they want all the resources and attention on them, it has been going on for decades. Lh is hardly new, im sure jos verst. Had also vetoed drivers for his son. Happens all the time. Why is this even a topic lol. Read some f1 history
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Quote:
Mate .MAX has an escape clause in his RB contract .
Over the years Merc accepted the crazy crashes from "Crashmilton" .
The HAM vs Rosberg crash was just one of the craziest ever...Toto Wolff said : It was like "Star Wars" !
Wolff added in his statement : "MAX vs HAM" would be "The War of the Worlds" !
By this Wolff just said how fast MAX actually is ...That's why I see Wolff's statement as a compliment !
If Toto had ever wanted Verstappen in the Mercedes he would already be in there.
Verstappen may not be the smartest but he knows his only chance of winning a DWC anytime soon is if he can take Hamiltons seat.
If ever offered he would take that seat in a heartbeat and for $buttons...Yet there he is, still stuck in the Red Bull.

Toto/Mercedes are sticking with Hamilton not only because he is the better more talented driver but also because he is a global brand and an excellent ambassador for Mercedes....and well worth the extra salary and conditions (whatever they might actually turn out to be).

They have no interest in swapping Hamilton for Verstappen, a entitled whinny brat who puts himself before the team...blaming everyone and everything for his failures and mistakes. And thats before his sketchy abilities and propensity to crash into other drivers and trackside barriers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
^ Rubbish. If Hamilton walked (and I hope he does) then there would be a breath of fresh air in F1 and new opportunities for others. F1 is being strangled by greedy Merc with their unfair advantage taken with their corporate clout. The sooner the whole F* shebang goes then F1 will return to normality and proper fans will return.
F1 has always been this way...McLaren/Ferrari/Red Bull/Mercedes have all had winning streaks.
One teams finds a sweet spot for their design and the FIA keep changing the regulations to try and even the playing field.
Mercs time will pass and a different team will come to the front.
"Proper fans" aren't the ones who only turn up to idolize one driver...the Dutch fans will most all disappear once Verstappen leaves just as Schumacher fans did in the past and no doubt some Hamilton fans will be the same.
The actual proper fans have seen drivers come and go...they watch for the racing.
Myself I wouldn't be unhappy if Hamilton decided to retire...he will go down in history as one of the all time greats.
Sadly for you pair Verstappen will not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
Well guys , "The Verstappen clause" is just one of Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes contract demands !
Hamilton's demand is such a shame for motorsports ! "Being the 7 time F1 World Champion" !?!?!
"Cowardice" is one of Hamilton's contract demands !!!

"If" Lewis Hamilton is the best , the "GOAT". I really wonder for who he's afraid of ?

The answer is pretty simple : The name is "MAX" Max-Verstappen !!!

"THE VERSTAPPEN CLAUSE" in Hamilton's contract demand is a shame for motorsports !!!
You write like you work for the National Enquirer.

Maybe Lewis just wants to control the team around him in order to keep producing the best results?

Walk in his shoes, then judge, and not before.
AGREED!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 09:20 AM   #1594
M5Rick
General
Rep

No news FP2 for RB trying a new set up posssibly which proved weak so a few fresh adjustments needed for FP3 tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2021, 09:40 AM   #1595
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
No worries my friend not sure what set up RB were going with perhaps trying a default one on the off chance of getting a result. Be a lot of adjustments going on to get a competitive one according to test data collected.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2021, 10:49 AM   #1596
M5Rick
General
Rep

''I was just a little bit wide in turn 10,got onto the kerb.Overall it was a good day.The car seems competitive so looking forward to tomorrow and try and improve a bit further but nothing too shocking today''.
Max got within a tenth of hammy's time before making a tiny mistake and kissing the gravel also the RB's came out late and traffic was heavy.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...t4H6wBtnY.html

Last edited by M5Rick; 05-07-2021 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2021, 03:21 PM   #1597
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
When hammy has a helping hand from Masi and co seemingly on a regular basis then everyone but hammy is a loser.
Masi should give weekly updates classes on track limits. Hard to keep pace with his changes.

The sausage curbs seem to be doing a good job cracking carbon today.

Alpha T looked good, better than RB today. Hopefully, RB adjusted for the no rain expected forecast.
      05-07-2021, 03:32 PM   #1598
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
VER really kills the avg win's per driver because of his dismal conversion rate.
At least Alonso's mother taught him to smile....
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      05-07-2021, 03:48 PM   #1599
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Masi should give weekly updates classes on track limits. Hard to keep pace with his changes.

Alpha T looked good, better than RB today. Hopefully, RB adjusted for the no rain expected forecast.
40% chance of rain expected race time last I looked at the forecast.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2021, 03:52 PM   #1600
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Yeah mate , no rain . Too bad ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-07-2021, 04:21 PM   #1601
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
40% chance of rain expected race time last I looked at the forecast.
Quote:
Yeah mate , no rain . Too bad ...
I compared telemetry, AT was running 10+ km/h on the straight compared to RB., which explains timing delta. RB appeared to be taking it easy in FP 2.

No rain expected, too bad.
Attached Images

05-07-2021, 04:28 PM   #1602
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I compared telemetry, AT was running 10+ km/h on the straight compared to RB., which explains timing delta. RB appeared to be taking it easy in FP 2.

Thanks for putting that on and yes AT was quicker there today but I think RB was doing something else than going for a quick time.
With rain now predicted to be after the race I guess RB are dialing out the wet race mode and I expect them to be quick tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2021, 05:05 PM   #1603
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Indeed ! They kept it quiet . Probably they just tested different PU response settings.
Strange , because they are having a huge data storage regarding the settings and mappings from the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya .

Seems like the W12 can run very fast over one lap .
Even BOT can be very fast over one lap , because he took the pole at Portugal .
Same with HAM at Portugal , the moment when he overtook MAX , it was like MAX was standing still !
Over one lap the W12 runs very fast to make the gap . Once the gap is made , the Merc pace goes back to normal .
One thing is for sure : The W12 found new (more) power ! A higher rake and the 16B's rear wing ...
Hopefully Red Bull has a response for the Merc's warp-speed ! Because this race is already crucial for the drivers ranking .

Mate .Thanks for sharing ....

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-07-2021, 05:22 PM   #1604
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Indeed ! They kept it quiet . Probably they just tested different PU response settings.
Strange , because they are having a huge data storage regarding the settings and mappings from the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya .

Seems like the W12 can run very fast over one lap .
Even BOT can be very fast over one lap , because he took the pole at Portugal .
Same with HAM at Portugal , the moment when he overtook MAX , it was like MAX was standing still !
Over one lap the W12 runs very fast to make the gap . Once the gap is made , the Merc pace goes back to normal .
One thing is for sure : The W12 found new (more) power ! A higher rake and the 16B's rear wing ...
Hopefully Red Bull has a response for the Merc's warp-speed ! Because this race is already crucial for the drivers ranking .

Mate .Thanks for sharing ....
Makes the bulges on the PU covers more to do with that in combination with a longer boost battery charge for a short moment when needed.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2021, 06:14 PM   #1605
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Makes the bulges on the PU covers more to do with that in combination with a longer boost battery charge for a short moment when needed.
That's what I was thinking about the bulge as well . More boost = More generated heat !

Remember last year , the last race in Abu Dhabi ..
Mercedes had to turn it down , because 2 weeks before it blew in Checo's Pink Mercedes.
It was a sign on the wall !!!
More boost and power is more wear ...

It's for sure , Mercedes came up in Portugal with something very special !
At least over one lap ...But that's enough to make the gap and to win the race !

#WarpSpeed !!!

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-08-2021, 01:32 AM   #1606
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
That's what I was thinking about the bulge as well . More boost = More generated heat !

Remember last year , the last race in Abu Dhabi ..
Mercedes had to turn it down , because 2 weeks before it blew in Checo's Pink Mercedes.
It was a sign on the wall !!!
More boost and power is more wear ...

It's for sure , Mercedes came up in Portugal with something very special !
At least over one lap ...But that's enough to make the gap and to win the race !

#WarpSpeed !!!
Something they had on a dusty shelf already built from years back ready when needed.
Any chance of the Chinese March 5B rocket falling on both the Mercs while they are parked up my friend
Appreciate 2