BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board What's the best way to apply contact lenses?

11-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #111
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
I start with this mechanism.
LOL is this from clockwork orange. what a film!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-21-2019, 11:30 AM   #112
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I still have boxes with old DVD's of their stuff when they redid and released them. My wife has came so far from the sheltered life she grew up in.

Now she will watch anything I suggest to an extent...but she doesn't do "blood and guts" as I found out when I tried to get her to watch a Bruce Campbell movie.

Plus she still doesn't trust me when we are eating anything and I tell her..."It's not hot". She made that mistake once.

But she thinks black pepper is hot...meanwhile I keep Ghost Chili salsa in the fridge on a regular basis! That or Carolina Reaper Salsa.
Same here. My second wife came from a very sheltered home. She knew of particular lifestyles, but had never been around one until she met me. I was the debul. and she loved it!

Speaking of hot and spicy, I have some great stories about cutting bhut jolokias (that's ghost chili's to you and me Rusty ) and not wearing rubber gloves....then inadvertently touching various parts of the ex-wife....such as getting an eyelash out of her eye.......and other orifices that mucous is present. Let's just say there was more than one occasion screaming, crying and hearing the equivalent to a jail cell slamming shut from between her thighs took place.

PSA time: Heads up gentlemen, if you eat really spicy peppers; do not offer oral to your girl after. Trust me.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      11-21-2019, 11:32 AM   #113
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
lol i fell victim once again to just reading the thread title
A person almost needs to start with the last page, to get a feel for how the thread turned, then start from the beginning and read every post before posting anything in OT. The threads tend to flow like a Tarrantino movie. There's a bunch of crazy dialogue, they are all over the damn place and in the end, a flame-thrower comes out and someone's shit is getting wrecked!
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      11-21-2019, 12:34 PM   #114
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Same here. My second wife came from a very sheltered home. She knew of particular lifestyles, but had never been around one until she met me. I was the debul. and she loved it!

Speaking of hot and spicy, I have some great stories about cutting bhut jolokias (that's ghost chili's to you and me Rusty ) and not wearing rubber gloves....then inadvertently touching various parts of the ex-wife....such as getting an eyelash out of her eye.......and other orifices that mucous is present. Let's just say there was more than one occasion screaming, crying and hearing the equivalent to a jail cell slamming shut from between her thighs took place.

PSA time: Heads up gentlemen, if you eat really spicy peppers; do not offer oral to your girl after. Trust me.
Yeah....we have a chemist here whose main goal is to concoct something that I won't eat. He's mixed them all...bhut's, trinidad scorpions, carolina reapers, etc.

Brings me a pint or quart of salsa....I bring him back an empty jar within a week or so. My wife says I nuked my taste-buds years ago.

May be true...I'm the only guy in the office that makes a cup of coffee with the Keuregg....and then immediately puts it in the microwave to heat it up.
      11-21-2019, 01:15 PM   #115
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:

I got a bj once after we had some jalapeno peppers. My cock was quite "warm" for a while.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-21-2019, 01:16 PM   #116
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
LOL experience. i can take them in and out no solution any finger dry wet, stuck on top of eyeball/
Need pics of the vag you're doing this to
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 02:54 PM   #117
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

Quote:
LOL is this from clockwork orange. what a film!
indeed it is!
      11-21-2019, 08:06 PM   #118
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah....we have a chemist here whose main goal is to concoct something that I won't eat. He's mixed them all...bhut's, trinidad scorpions, carolina reapers, etc.

Brings me a pint or quart of salsa....I bring him back an empty jar within a week or so. My wife says I nuked my taste-buds years ago.

May be true...I'm the only guy in the office that makes a cup of coffee with the Keuregg....and then immediately puts it in the microwave to heat it up.
Those K-makers do have a temp setting :
      11-21-2019, 09:55 PM   #119
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Not an option for me, I think. Not sure I'd want to go that route anyway. Sticking a piece of silicone in my eye was hard enough to talk myself into.

Stop thinking and just go do it.
My astigmatism was so bad that I had to wait for technology to catch up. I had to go with the full laser option because of the amount they had to carve off, and the complexity.
I didn't even get to 20/20. Still have some astigmatism but I can see well enough to not need glasses. It's really close to perfect.

It's the best decision I've made in my life.
I also used a CareCredit card and was able to make interest free payments. Made it really easy to afford.

Add up what you spend on contact stuff, care etc and then see how long the payback for lasik is. I'm guessing about 10 years on average, depending on the process.

Also, the total time for having mine done was just over a minute. For BOTH eyes. It's a very fast process.
They have you put some numbing eye drops in. They work very well.
You'll have the option to take a mild sedative. I didn't because I have no idea what they do.
They tape your eye lashes back.
They use a thingy to hold your eyelid open ... It's numb and you only feel a little discomfort. Kinda like dust under the lid. More annoying than anything.
Then they lower the gizmo over your head/eye. It pushes down to hold you still. You're asked to look at a dot and once you find it the process starts.
They fold the flap back. You can see this happening and it's really confusing. LOL
You can immediately see better. It's cloudy but for me was nigh and day difference.

I went in blind. Didn't watch any videos or know anything about the process. I think that helped because I wasn't nervous until I walked into the room with the gizmo.
Now that I know what happens, taking the sedative is probably a good idea.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 05:26 AM   #120
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Those K-makers do have a temp setting :
Yep...3 settings I think and this one is turned up as high as it will go. Same as the one at home. But I can get a cup straight out of it and drink it down like water for some reason.

Maybe I have screwed my taste-buds and digestive track somehow. I don't recall ever having burned my tongue though.
      11-22-2019, 05:28 AM   #121
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
My astigmatism was so bad that I had to wait for technology to catch up. I had to go with the full laser option because of the amount they had to carve off, and the complexity.
I didn't even get to 20/20. Still have some astigmatism but I can see well enough to not need glasses. It's really close to perfect.

I also used a CareCredit card and was able to make interest free payments. Made it really easy to afford.

Add up what you spend on contact stuff, care etc and then see how long the payback for lasik is. I'm guessing about 10 years on average, depending on the process.

Also, the total time for having mine done was just over a minute. For BOTH eyes. It's a very fast process.
You'll have the option to take a mild sedative. I didn't because I have no idea what they do.
They use a thingy to hold your eyelid open ... It's numb and you only feel a little discomfort. Kinda like dust under the lid. More annoying than anything.
Then they lower the gizmo over your head/eye. It pushes down to hold you still. You're asked to look at a dot and once you find it the process starts.
They fold the flap back. You can see this happening and it's really confusing. LOL
You can immediately see better. It's cloudy but for me was nigh and day difference.

I went in blind. Didn't watch any videos or know anything about the process. I think that helped because I wasn't nervous until I walked into the room with the gizmo.

I will probably get it done this coming year. I had heard that if you were a contact lens wearer, that you had to go a certain length of time without wearing them before getting all the pre-lab stuff done for some reason.

Do you remember that being the case?
      11-22-2019, 08:15 AM   #122
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post

Mind sharing how much it cost ya? Maybe I'll eventually do it.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 09:23 AM   #123
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I will probably get it done this coming year. I had heard that if you were a contact lens wearer, that you had to go a certain length of time without wearing them before getting all the pre-lab stuff done for some reason.

3 days. I didn't do that when I went in the last time (about 2 months ago) but they went ahead and did all the work-up and told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Just over $5,000. About $11,000 to have the lens replacement instead.

Second thing I buy when I win Lotto! (first being a MB coup for my dad)
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2019, 02:40 PM   #124
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Quote:

That is true.
They told me contact change the shape of your eye. Take something like a week or so for it to come back to natural state.

I wore glasses so I didn't have the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post

I'd have to look back for the exact number. But I believe it was around $3,600. The all laser is more and I didn't shop around at all. I've heard it can be found cheaper and the costs are very regional.
But really making payment makes it affordable. My payments where about $130/month. Cost of the average phone bill ... which is more beneficial? LOL

The one thing I wasn't ready for was the aftercare eye drops. One for lubricity and one was an anti-fungal or something. Together they where $300. I complained and got free samples, really made my day.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #125
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Keep in mind that surgical eye alteration is often a once-only proposition (can't revise it later), and your eyes keep changing over time. Lots of young GI's got their vision set to 20/15 in their 20's courtesy of Uncle Sam, and are now finding that as their eyes continue to change their vision is going to hell, and they can't use contacts or get more surgery. I'd have some long talks with an experienced eye doctor who doesn't exclusively sell this service before you go for it.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 02:20 PM   #126
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Keep in mind that surgical eye alteration is often a once-only proposition (can't revise it later), and your eyes keep changing over time. Lots of young GI's got their vision set to 20/15 in their 20's courtesy of Uncle Sam, and are now finding that as their eyes continue to change their vision is going to hell, and they can't use contacts or get more surgery. I'd have some long talks with an experienced eye doctor who doesn't exclusively sell this service before you go for it.

That's the one thing I've thought about. But talking with my Dr.....he said as was as good a candidate as anyone as my prescription hasn't changed in 20 years or so.