BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Methodtim - Anyone Seen Him?

Closed Thread

04-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #23
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoGoGoGo View Post
Anyway, when they ban you, do they ban your IP so you can't get on ever, or do they just ban your screen name?
Not sure, but I miss MethodTim as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #24
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

To be honest, I'm visiting this place less and less. Part of it is I don't have my E92 anymore, and I stick around because I may get an E92 LCI, but generally the forums have lost good mature posters, and gained more tuner "kiddies" especially after the 1-series came out.

I used to browse everyday back in 2007 and 2008, but these days I'm lucky if I come back 2-3 times a week.

I spend most of my time on 6SpeedOnline, and it really is telling how much more mature the posters are over there. A lot of them are older, mature, successful types who don't have any ego to really throw around in the face of others, at least not like you get here. Everyone on 6Speed owns an exotic car of some sort (Ferrari, Astons, etc), and they don't feel the need to show their e-dicks to defend their purchases (though sometimes some slip through the cracks).

I mean you get comments here from people who can barely afford their 335i like "anything under $40,000 isn't a true BMW".

Or my personal favorite, "When are you going to be able to afford a nice BMW?" said by a 1-series owner at that.

Anyway, I'm not making excuses for whatever methodtim did, he sometimes went over the line to be honest, but when compared to the other 100 trolls, and tuner kiddies, methodtim was probably still a cut above all of those guys.

I honestly think as these cars become more affordable, the forums will just get worse, and I probably will just stop visiting at some point.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #25
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
To be honest, I'm visiting this place less and less. Part of it is I don't have my E92 anymore, and I stick around because I may get an E92 LCI, but generally the forums have lost good mature posters, and gained more tuner "kiddies" especially after the 1-series came out.

I used to browse everyday back in 2007 and 2008, but these days I'm lucky if I come back 2-3 times a week.

I spend most of my time on 6SpeedOnline, and it really is telling how much more mature the posters are over there. A lot of them are older, mature, successful types who don't have any ego to really throw around in the face of others, at least not like you get here. Everyone on 6Speed owns an exotic car of some sort (Ferrari, Astons, etc), and they don't feel the need to show their e-dicks to defend their purchases (though sometimes some slip through the cracks).

I mean you get comments here from people who can barely afford their 335i like "anything under $40,000 isn't a true BMW".

Or my personal favorite, "When are you going to be able to afford a nice BMW?" said by a 1-series owner at that.

Anyway, I'm not making excuses for whatever methodtim did, he sometimes went over the line to be honest, but when compared to the other 100 trolls, and tuner kiddies, methodtim was probably still a cut above all of those guys.

I honestly think as these cars become more affordable, the forums will just get worse, and I probably will just stop visiting at some point.
So you're doing to the guys at 6Speed what you don't like about e90post? Stay classy, dude. Stay classy.

I'm a professional who does well and I despise all these little kids, but it's the intarwebz and anyone with a keyboard can't post.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #26
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
So you're doing to the guys at 6Speed what you don't like about e90post? Stay classy, dude. Stay classy.

I'm a professional who does well and I despise all these little kids, but it's the intarwebz and anyone with a keyboard can't post.
I don't understand what you mean by the first statement? What am I doing at 6Speed that I "don't like about e90posts". That doesn't even make sense.

Want to try again?

As for your second statement, anyone "can" post, but I'm pointing out that the "quality" of the postings have gone downhill considerably since these cars have become more affordable.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #27
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean by the first statement? What am I doing at 6Speed that I "don't like about e90posts". That doesn't even make sense.

Want to try again?

As for your second statement, anyone "can" post, but I'm pointing out that the "quality" of the postings have gone downhill considerably since these cars have become more affordable.
I'm saying that you're trolling around a forum for cars you can't afford. Same principle as these young kids here. The reality is that the 335i's are still in the 30K range for 07's. A large portion of adults can't afford that. So all these kids come on to the forum here and most, some don't even own BMW's.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #28
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm saying that you're trolling around a forum for cars you can't afford. Same principle as these young kids here. The reality is that the 335i's are still in the 30K range for 07's. A large portion of adults can't afford that. So all these kids come on to the forum here and most, some don't even own BMW's.
See that's another reason I dislike these forums.

Just because I have "Ford Focus" in my profile, people think I can't "afford" certain cars.

You're really part of the same mentality that I think is killing this forum; i.e - people not really interested in motorsport or cars, just measuring their e-dick.

p.s - Check my post at 6Speed and point out where I have "trolled" the forum. I have a good reputation there, and have made friends with people in the Ferrari forum.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #29
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
See that's another reason I dislike these forums.

Just because I have "Ford Focus" in my profile, people think I can't "afford" certain cars.

You're really part of the same mentality that I think is killing this forum; i.e - people not really interested in motorsport or cars, just measuring their e-dick.

p.s - Check my post at 6Speed and point out where I have "trolled" the forum. I have a good reputation there, and have made friends with people in the Ferrari forum.
They respect you because you drive a Ford Focus? I smell something here. What is it? BULLSHIT.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #30
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
They respect you because you drive a Ford Focus? I smell something here. What is it? BULLSHIT.
Name:  STFU_and_GTFO.ashx.jpeg
Views: 984
Size:  64.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #31
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post

Just let it go Blake. This is the same idiot who thinks that people who don't get BMW loaners from their dealership need to "change manufacturers or STFU" and bitched about his 335 loaners color.
      04-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #32
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Just let it go Blake. This is the same idiot who thinks that people who don't get BMW loaners from their dealership need to "change manufacturers or STFU" and bitched about his 335 loaners color.
he does realize he's driving a bmw, which are almost as common as ford's these days, doesn't he? if you want a ferrari, buy a ferrari. but it doesn't appear as if he can afford it
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #33
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Tim got teh banstick because he told some artard that he "wasn't very smart." And he had racked up infraction points before that for telling it how it is. Oh well. There are plenty of other idiots on here doing/saying stuff that is just totally BS. But they're still here.

Like threatening to rape someone, even if in a total joking matter, is just stupid, immature, and asinine. There is no excuse for it. Telling people to search after they start thread after thread after thread proving they don't even bother to look... Well, somehow that gets you banned. But I digress....

People without BMWs can be valuable members here and, although NewSong is kind of abrasive at times, he tells it like it is without a BMW fan boy slant. It's refreshing. And I HAVE noticed that a lot of the 1er owners are the ones falling most victim to fanboyism. Coincidence? I think not. It happened over at bf.c in the E36///M section once those cars became really affordable, and it's happening here. I don't want to be one to judge based on the value of the car, but the lower figure you get, the more immature and asinine the forum gets. It's just the truth. The less expensive things are, the more younger people can afford them. Younger people are generally less mature. It's just the way it is.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #34
boostin4fun
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
OK, now I have to ask... The truth about what? I checked the post history of methodtim but see nothing that immediately stands out as a warranting a ban.
Him, DELTA BMW and a few others. I have lurked on this site forever and found those two to be hilarious.

Usually when you get banned they delete your stuff. There was a good one the other day with aw335icp or some shit in the general section. I went back later it was gone.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #35
boostin4fun
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
hmm not really, youve been here for what, 3 days? im not entirely sure you know how bans are issued around here. in fact, i think youre methodtim.
nope I am not. but I have lurked on this site for a long time.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #36
boostin4fun
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #37
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:

right this is same guy called me a fucktard for not understanding his post.....if anything you should be banned and this is coming from a kid thats only 20 years old
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #38
DenverJayhawk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Tim got teh banstick because he told some artard that he "wasn't very smart." And he had racked up infraction points before that for telling it how it is. Oh well. There are plenty of other idiots on here doing/saying stuff that is just totally BS. But they're still here.

Like threatening to rape someone, even if in a total joking matter, is just stupid, immature, and asinine. There is no excuse for it. Telling people to search after they start thread after thread after thread proving they don't even bother to look... Well, somehow that gets you banned. But I digress....

People without BMWs can be valuable members here and, although NewSong is kind of abrasive at times, he tells it like it is without a BMW fan boy slant. It's refreshing. And I HAVE noticed that a lot of the 1er owners are the ones falling most victim to fanboyism. Coincidence? I think not. It happened over at bf.c in the E36///M section once those cars became really affordable, and it's happening here. I don't want to be one to judge based on the value of the car, but the lower figure you get, the more immature and asinine the forum gets. It's just the truth. The less expensive things are, the more younger people can afford them. Younger people are generally less mature. It's just the way it is.

I was wondering what happened to Tim. So is he banned for life or will he be back? Seems odd to be banned for telling someone they are not very smart. If it came from Tim, i'm sure whoever he was telling it to needed it.

330i, Black Sapphire, 6MT, Sport, Active Steering, Flux Capacitor
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #39
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

you guys are all gay. there thread solved.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #40
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post

Damn it!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #41
DenverJayhawk
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post

what does "there thread solved" mean?

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #42
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
what does "there thread solved" mean?
There, as in "There you go."

It would have been easier to decipher it if it read: "There. Thread solved."

But I didn't feel like mentioning anything because I figured it out.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #43
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

You guys would have all enjoyed E90post.com back in 2006. Was quite enjoyable back then.

*sigh*
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #44
DenverJayhawk
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
There, as in "There you go."

It would have been easier to decipher it if it read: "There. Thread solved."

But I didn't feel like mentioning anything because I figured it out.

I guess punctuation is overrated these days.

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread