BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board What 'Kicks' Are U Rockin?

07-23-2015, 07:49 PM   #617
FL335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

I live in FL. It's dress shoes at work, sneakers at the gym or these...80% of the time...Rainbows....I have many pairs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #618
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL335 View Post
I live in FL. It's dress shoes at work, sneakers at the gym or these...80% of the time...Rainbows....I have many pairs.
Nice, I have them to wash cars in. Quite comfortable.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 08:19 PM   #619
Low Gravity
Private
Rep
Drives: 435i, 135i, s52 325is

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I'm sure those shoes are fun to wear and that you like them, which is perfectly fine. So don't take this the wrong way....when I first saw the photo, I thought, "Oh, look at that. Nike has found a profitable way to recycle commercial carpeting." FWIW, I like the colors.

So what I want to know is do those shoes, particularly the uppers, seem to be as durable as commercial carpeting? Are the uppers in fact commercial carpeting?

All the best.
Not carpet, yarn! even better lol

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2015...chnology-today

Let's hope it's as durable as commercial carpeting
      07-23-2015, 08:21 PM   #620
FL335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Nice, I have them to wash cars in. Quite comfortable.
Not leathers...that doesn't work. Leathers to dinner....rubber to wash cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #621
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Gravity View Post
Not carpet, yarn! even better lol

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2015...chnology-today

Let's hope it's as durable as commercial carpeting
Interesting article:
  • Less durable and more expensive -- that's exactly the point of my rant re: women's shoes a few posts above.
  • "Michael Phelps ...laced up Flyknits to stand on that podium....Phelps wore Flyknits no fewer than six times on internationally syndicated television, but he didn’t wear them in competition..."
    Am I the only one who finds it strange that a guy who made his name as a swimmer can ably promote sneakers? I mean wouldn't the shoes that, say, perhaps a runner or decathlete, or just about any sports figure who at least wears shoes seem like a "better" choice than are the ones a swimmer wears? Hell, even ice hockey players have on some kind of shoe! LOL

It would seem to me that Mr. Phelps would make a better promoter for men's swimsuits. That may mean one has to forsake the U.S. men's swimwear market since for some strange reason American men have issues with brief/bikini style swimwear made for me, but surely the male population of the entire rest of the world is a large enough market to capture....
Then there's the larger picture, of course: the power and profit associated with emotional marketing. I realize collegiate swimmers run, probably they run a lot, but I just think that someone who competes on solid ground might have a more well rounded view of the pros and cons of any given sneaker. The only way that a Michael Phelps endorsement for sneakers works -- from any rational perspective -- is via consumers wanting to "be like Mike."

Olympic athlete's no doubt must, some of them if not all of them, think to themselves, "Hmmm....$500K+ to wear these Nikes or 'no hundred thousand dollars plus' to wear the shoes I think my help me win my event. Gee, which should I wear??? 'Hello. Nike. Sure, I'll wear your shoes. Here's my bank routing number and account numbers. When can I expect the deposit to show up?' " They're 20-somethings and teenagers! Of course they are going to wear the Nikes!

But then that at least some athletes take the money instead of sticking with the shoes they think might help them win, raises the question of whether the shoes matter in the first place.
  • If they win with the "Nikes," were the wrong about the other shoes' merit?
  • If they win with the "Nikes," is it that they'd have won anyway no matter what shoes they wore?
Naturally, one might ask other sorts of similar questions if they lose....

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 11:08 PM   #622
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Slightly obsessed....sold a lot off. Pm me if you see anything you like!! Lol all size 13
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 12:21 AM   #623
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Gravity
picked these up

Probably the best running shoes I've used to date. Love flyknits!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-24-2015, 08:17 AM   #624
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL335 View Post
Not leathers...that doesn't work. Leathers to dinner....rubber to wash cars.
Flip flops to dinner? Naah. Flips flops for washing cars and mowing the grass? Those Rainbows are perfect for that.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #625
fun ticket
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Flip flops to dinner? Naah. Flips flops for washing cars and mowing the grass? Those Rainbows are perfect for that.
Flip flops to dinner are acceptable........in Florida. See that more often times than not.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 06:02 PM   #626
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Any AJ4 at anytime for anything is acceptable. I've got ten pairs in all the OG colorways and few others like the Toros and Green Glows. I still have an original pair from 89, the cookies and cream, which I had in 8th grade. They'll bury me in a pair of AJ4s.

Any Lebron low shoe is good too. I have eight pairs of the 11 lows, they are incredibly comfortable shoes.

Oh, and nice 5s Classyfast! Here's a pic of the two pairs I have.

Last edited by NickyC; 07-24-2015 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2015, 06:22 PM   #627
FL335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun ticket View Post
Flip flops to dinner are acceptable........in Florida. See that more often times than not.
I live at the beach, too. Gotta rock them. It's a way of life.

BTW, sorry OP...who the hell am I to judge? People rock what they love...good for you!
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2015, 07:25 PM   #628
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC
Any AJ4 at anytime for anything is acceptable. I've got ten pairs in all the OG colorways and few others like the Toros and Green Glows. I still have an original pair from 89, the cookies and cream, which I had in 8th grade. They'll bury me in a pair of AJ4s.

Any Lebron low shoe is good too. I have eight pairs of the 11 lows, they are incredibly comfortable shoes.

Oh, and nice 5s Classyfast! Here's a pic of the two pairs I have.

Nice man!!! I love 4s and 5s. Unfortunately I'm like 35 yrs old so can't pull them off anymore!!! Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 07:41 PM   #629
pukicabuki
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: something with 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Interesting article:
  • Less durable and more expensive -- that's exactly the point of my rant re: women's shoes a few posts above.
  • "Michael Phelps ...laced up Flyknits to stand on that podium....Phelps wore Flyknits no fewer than six times on internationally syndicated television, but he didn’t wear them in competition..."
    Am I the only one who finds it strange that a guy who made his name as a swimmer can ably promote sneakers? I mean wouldn't the shoes that, say, perhaps a runner or decathlete, or just about any sports figure who at least wears shoes seem like a "better" choice than are the ones a swimmer wears? Hell, even ice hockey players have on some kind of shoe! LOL

It would seem to me that Mr. Phelps would make a better promoter for men's swimsuits. That may mean one has to forsake the U.S. men's swimwear market since for some strange reason American men have issues with brief/bikini style swimwear made for me, but surely the male population of the entire rest of the world is a large enough market to capture....
Then there's the larger picture, of course: the power and profit associated with emotional marketing. I realize collegiate swimmers run, probably they run a lot, but I just think that someone who competes on solid ground might have a more well rounded view of the pros and cons of any given sneaker. The only way that a Michael Phelps endorsement for sneakers works -- from any rational perspective -- is via consumers wanting to "be like Mike."

Olympic athlete's no doubt must, some of them if not all of them, think to themselves, "Hmmm....$500K+ to wear these Nikes or 'no hundred thousand dollars plus' to wear the shoes I think my help me win my event. Gee, which should I wear??? 'Hello. Nike. Sure, I'll wear your shoes. Here's my bank routing number and account numbers. When can I expect the deposit to show up?' " They're 20-somethings and teenagers! Of course they are going to wear the Nikes!

But then that at least some athletes take the money instead of sticking with the shoes they think might help them win, raises the question of whether the shoes matter in the first place.
  • If they win with the "Nikes," were the wrong about the other shoes' merit?
  • If they win with the "Nikes," is it that they'd have won anyway no matter what shoes they wore?
Naturally, one might ask other sorts of similar questions if they lose....

All the best.
Flyknits reduce materials waste because they're knitted and not cut out of a larger piece of material. Nike is trying to use a more sustainable practices in their construction. They're also lighter weight and more breathable. They're amazing running shoes. You've completely missed the point of them with your athlete rant.

Btw... you're shoes are heinous.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #630
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Nice man!!! I love 4s and 5s. Unfortunately I'm like 35 yrs old so can't pull them off anymore!!! Lol
HuH? I'm almost 40 and they are all I wear, lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 02:15 AM   #631
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukicabuki View Post
Flyknits reduce materials waste because they're knitted and not cut out of a larger piece of material. Nike is trying to use a more sustainable practices in their construction. They're also lighter weight and more breathable. They're amazing running shoes. You've completely missed the point of them with your athlete rant.

Btw... you're shoes are heinous.
I didn't intend that my post have much to do with the point of the shoes.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 11:03 AM   #632
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
HuH? I'm almost 40 and they are all I wear, lol.
Lol, well I figure I don't want to look like all the hoodrat kids walking around the malls looking exactly the same. Guess I just gotta rock the rare exclusives and I can pull it off!!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 09:12 PM   #633
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Quote:
Lol, well I figure I don't want to look like all the hoodrat kids walking around the malls looking exactly the same. Guess I just gotta rock the rare exclusives and I can pull it off!!
I'm offended. Just don't wear pants that sag to your knees and don't wear a white tee with armpits stains that are 4X bigger than "normal" size will solve most of your problems.
      07-26-2015, 09:29 PM   #634
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Hah, I don't know about all that!

I can tell you though, I always get a kick out of it when some teenager is oogling my shoes and makes a "nice shoe" comment. They look a little surprised too, like an older guy wouldn't be rockin' some fresh kicks.

Excuse me junior, I was wearing these kicks before your dad even got his rocks off making you, and they said NIKE AIR on the back! LoL
Appreciate 2
      07-26-2015, 09:43 PM   #635
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hah, I don't know about all that!

I can tell you though, I always get a kick out of it when some teenager is oogling my shoes and makes a "nice shoe" comment. They look a little surprised too, like an older guy wouldn't be rockin' some fresh kicks.

Excuse me junior, I was wearing these kicks before your dad even got his rocks off making you, and they said NIKE AIR on the back! LoL
Lol, you have a point man!! I was rocking OGs as a kid when people were getting shot for sneakers!!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 09:48 PM   #636
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc
Quote:
I'm offended. Just don't wear pants that sag to your knees and don't wear a white tee with armpits stains that are 4X bigger than "normal" size will solve most of your problems.
Nobody wearing Jordan's these days wears big ass white t's and baggy shit. Skinny jeans and sweats, tight clothes. Either way, when I see a kid rocking Jordan's I think follower and ghetto right next. That's my opinion, and the main reason that I don't wear my Jordan's, and have sold most of my shit off in the past 5 years.

If kids these days spent 1/5 of the time they spend on matching outfits or searching for Jordan's and other kicks.....on school/education/shit that matters, the U.S. Wouldn't be fucked right now.
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2015, 10:24 PM   #637
ahero4eternity
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw

Nikes or Asics to work (I'm a physical therapist). Allen Edmonds for formal occasions. Rainbows (leather slippas) the rest of the time.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 10:28 PM   #638
ahero4eternity
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw

Appreciate 3