BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum First impressions of my new Z4 M40i

05-17-2019, 12:45 PM   #67
CeEl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: not too bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKarl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by German1967 View Post
The HK in the M235 is pretty weak. Hard to believe it could get worse other than by the fact that the z4 is a convertible which has obviously a worse acoustic.
Yes, it is not really fair to expect good sound production with the roof down. However, with the roof up it does not sound anywhere as good as my two other BMW's that had the HK sound system fitted. Hoping that it will improve through time. Only got 900 miles on the clock so far.
Finally got to 600 miles and the only problem I'm having with this beast is that it won't stay below 75. Want a monster and it begs for more. I really have to be careful because this car gets to 90 in a heartbeat. Oh and like I posted many weeks ago I am Loving the hell out of this car.

Yep.... we bad. "Z" on friends.
Lol... got the exact same problem. It's so effortless and easy ... even not exceeding the 4K RPM is hard because I am craving the sound...

The speed limit warning is annoying as heck but probably the only thing between sleeping at home or in jail, so it stays on for time being
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 01:49 AM   #68
i8_2018
Private
Rep
Drives: Macan Turbo + i8 Roadster

Thank you for your first impressions, please post again when you have driven more

Regarding the HK, after changing the settings it had the best sound I have heard in this class (2-seater). With default settings it was rather poor so I urge you all to order the HK and play with the settings.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 02:07 AM   #69
Jim S
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i G29

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8_2018 View Post
Thank you for your first impressions, please post again when you have driven more

Regarding the HK, after changing the settings it had the best sound I have heard in this class (2-seater). With default settings it was rather poor so I urge you all to order the HK and play with the settings.
Thanks. I will give that a try.
Appreciate 1
i8_201819.50

05-29-2019, 06:39 AM   #70
tmehanna
Private
Rep
Drives: 528i f10

Quote:

Maybe you can share your settings with us. A photo should do
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 09:30 AM   #71
i8_2018
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmehanna View Post
Maybe you can share your settings with us. A photo should do
I have only driven a friends car and a demo car so I dont have the settings Im afraid. I was very impressed by the sound but ofc YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 04:28 AM   #72
i8_2018
Private
Rep

Try:
Logic 7 surround ON: lowest setting
Fader: 2 steps towards B
Equalizer: flat except 2nd bar 2 steps up, last bar 2 steps up, second last bar 1 step up.
Appreciate 4
CeEl102.50
Jim S152.50

Today, 06:01 AM   #73
Jim S
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i G29

Garage List
Quote:
Try:
Logic 7 surround ON: lowest setting
Fader: 2 steps towards B
Equalizer: flat except 2nd bar 2 steps up, last bar 2 steps up, second last bar 1 step up.
Tried out your suggested settings.... much improved. Adjusted slightly as follows:-
All of the regular settings for Treble, Bass, Balance and Fader set neutral (ie in the middle).
Logic 7 surround ON
Equalizer: flat except second bar 2 steps up, third bar 1 step up, second last bar 2 steps up and third last bar 1 step up.
Please note that the first and last bars on the equalizer are for Bass and Treble and I left these at the neutral position.

These settings are working well, for me anyway, and very much improved from the original flat settings.
Appreciate 0