BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

08-10-2020, 03:04 PM   #67
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
In my mind "$10k above an X5" alone implies a "market position" above an X3. I'm speaking to it's positioning in the BMW lineup in regards it's physical size. While it's difficult to state confidently, the iNext appears to be closer to the size of an X3/X4 than an X5/X6.
Maybe. All I'm saying is I can kinda guess how they want to sell it but can't make any suggestions as to the size. Whether or not the possible price would make sense with a smaller vehicle is a subject I don't want to touch.
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2020, 01:27 PM   #68
jollyjumper
Registered
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Updated future BMW model info thread:

First hard details on I20.

August 2020
  • Some details about I20 (iNEXT). Production starts in July 2021. Two models are known at the moment. One will have 295hp, the other 430hp (potentially there could be three drivetrain versions but I only see two implemented right now). Both seem to be dual-motor. 20" to 22" wheels. Option choices will be at the level of X5 (2-axle air suspension, soft close doors, Sky Lounge headliner, B&W audio, etc). A notable new option is called "BMW Natural Interaction" - as usual, we should expect this to show up on all higher end BMWs at approximately the same time in 2021.
According to BMWBLOG three versions:

The entry level BMW iX will deliver 230kW (308 horsepower), the middle model around 390kW (522 horsepower), while the top iX will bring 455kW (610 horsepower) to the table.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/08/11/b...300-to-600-hp/
Appreciate 0