BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos [Photos]: Canyon Drive with Nimbus Grey Audi S3, MBZ CLS400 & Lexus IS200t!

01-24-2016, 08:43 PM   #1
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
[Photos]: Canyon Drive with Nimbus Grey Audi S3, MBZ CLS400 & Lexus IS200t!

Hey guys, the M3 is in the shop (reference: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1215834) so when I was invited for a canyon drive with some friends who both picked up new cars recently, I took out my dad's - also brand new - CLS400! While I can b*tch about the sluggish transmission on downshifts, complete lack of steering feel, and lack of power at the top end, I was pleasantly surprised by how the CLS handled on the twisty roads (we drove Latigo Cyn, which, for those who know, is one of the most technical roads up there). The car was also extremely comfortable up there haha.

Sadly we were in the shade by the time we got up to the overlook on Mulholland Hwy, but I tried my best to capture the cars! The Nimbus Grey on the Audi S3 is, in my opinion, AMAZING! Looks liquid in the shade, and just brilliant in the sun!

2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 09:01 PM   #2
8k4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 09:08 PM   #3
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

Nice, CLS absolutely stunning...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 09:09 PM   #4
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedoy View Post
Nice, CLS absolutely stunning...
Thanks! My dad loves it. Coming from an M3... I do complain about the throttle response, driving dynamics, etc... but the car is amazing at doing what it's supposed to. I think it's one of the best looking cars on the road and it's comfortable as hell inside (even if the interior is 'last generation' compared to the new Benzs' coming out).
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 09:10 PM   #5
P7X
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k4 View Post
This! haha
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 10:20 AM   #6
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
nice post, op.

lexus grille: people either love it or hate it. i think it looks pretty cool. then again, i love predator! haha

s3: i haven't like audi styling since 1999. mostly because the style hasn't changed since 1999. ha but that s3 up there... i actually like it. it looks pretty damn good. my guess is that it's the fastest and handles the best out of the three too. really love that gray.

cls*: all CLSs just look money to me right now. i saw an all blacked-out one friday and i almost bought it on the spot. i currently have blacklisted black cars (pun) from my list though so i didn't. i'm not even shopping for big ass cars like that anyway. it was damn pretty.
      01-25-2016, 12:56 PM   #7
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron
nice post, op.

lexus grille: people either love it or hate it. i think it looks pretty cool. then again, i love predator! haha

s3: i haven't like audi styling since 1999. mostly because the style hasn't changed since 1999. ha but that s3 up there... i actually like it. it looks pretty damn good. my guess is that it's the fastest and handles the best out of the three too. really love that gray.

cls*: all CLSs just look money to me right now. i saw an all blacked-out one friday and i almost bought it on the spot. i currently have blacklisted black cars (pun) from my list though so i didn't. i'm not even shopping for big ass cars like that anyway. it was damn pretty.
Thanks!

I actually do like the Lexus grill. Definitely aggressive and out there, but I think that's a good thing.

The S3 was definitely the fastest and most nimble, and I love the color! My M3 is definitely much faster in a straight line, but the Audi might have the edge on handling. (Plus my friend who drives it is an insane driver...)

The CLS is perfect for what it is, and definitely a stunning car to look at. Didn't really feel at home in the twisties, but I handled her pretty well! Haha
Appreciate 0