BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Lebron sucks

09-23-2021, 01:53 AM   #155
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
While what you said has a lot of merit, the fact is Jordan has 6 rings out of 6 and James has 3 rings out of 9 finals. James has lost 6 finals! Jordan has lost zero finals.

A lot of people agree with you that James is the GOAT. Based on his personal career stats, its a toss up between between James and Jordan. For me, the difference in finals performance will always put Jordan first. James said in the six finals his teams lost, the better team won. Jordan never had to say that.

The trouble for James now is no matter how well he does, he cannot erase his horrible finals record. He knows that. That's why he is so frustrated he walks off the court before the game is over. I think history will show James as second best. Still great, just not the greatest.

Its hard to bring up the ring argument because of Bill Russel. You can put it this way, Lebron went to 9 finals and Jordan only went to 6. The problem with these stats and numbers is that you can cherry pick which stats fit the narrative.

I like to listen to actual NBA players make these comparisons and they will all say Jordan and Kobe are better than Lebron.
You could also look at it as -

Jordan - 6-0 in the finals.

Lebron - 4-6 in the finals.

They're all generational talent. No team would turn down adding prime Jordan, Kobe or Lebron.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      09-23-2021, 02:51 AM   #156
540iSUP
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Jordan did say that the only NBA player that could take him one and one would be Kobe.

"Because the kid stole all my moves!" - MJ.

That's about a high of an accolade as one could ever receive. Lebron is a generational talent. His court vision, his size, speed and strength are definitely incredible. He's also a good GM lol. But somethings missing.

Jordan and Kobe have story after story after story of just sheer dominance and determination and grit. I love all the Kobe stories and Jordan stories that people share. My god, I wouldn't even know where to begin and there's so many good one.

One of my personal favorite Kobe stories is Iman Shumpert. The day he realized just how good Kobe was. He tells the story better than I ever could so I'm going to just go ahead and post the short clip.

Edit - also the DeMar Rosen story where Vince Carter told him "man, you can't wear his (Kobe's) shoes when you're guarding him!!" And how young DeMar fucked up by switching to Jordan's the next time he played Kobe and how Kobe took that, lol.

I remember all those stories! TBH, Kobe's death really hit me hard and still gets me to this day. It has a lot to do with being raised a Lakers fan and living in Socal for most of my life. Everyday I live by the Mamba Mentality. One of my favs was when Matt Barnes was trying to inbound the ball. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. That was fierce!

Curious, who do you think will be the next great? I'm really loving Jamal Murry, Donovan Mitchell, and Jayson Tatum right now.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 03:04 AM   #157
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
Quote:
Jordan did say that the only NBA player that could take him one and one would be Kobe.

"Because the kid stole all my moves!" - MJ.

That's about a high of an accolade as one could ever receive. Lebron is a generational talent. His court vision, his size, speed and strength are definitely incredible. He's also a good GM lol. But somethings missing.

Jordan and Kobe have story after story after story of just sheer dominance and determination and grit. I love all the Kobe stories and Jordan stories that people share. My god, I wouldn't even know where to begin and there's so many good one.

One of my personal favorite Kobe stories is Iman Shumpert. The day he realized just how good Kobe was. He tells the story better than I ever could so I'm going to just go ahead and post the short clip.

Edit - also the DeMar Rosen story where Vince Carter told him "man, you can't wear his (Kobe's) shoes when you're guarding him!!" And how young DeMar fucked up by switching to Jordan's the next time he played Kobe and how Kobe took that, lol.

I remember all those stories! TBH, Kobe's death really hit me hard and still gets me to this day. It has a lot to do with being raised a Lakers fan and living in Socal for most of my life. Everyday I live by the Mamba Mentality. One of my favs was when Matt Barnes was trying to inbound the ball. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. That was fierce!

Curious, who do you think will be the next great? I'm really loving Jamal Murry, Donovan Mitchell, and Jayson Tatum right now.
I'm currently in LA and have been lucky to enjoy many Laker games at Staples and getting to watch Kobe and Lebron up close and personal.

I think you nailed three that have stupendous talent and the skies the limit. I wonder what the Jazz could've done had Murray not gone down with a season ending injury. Jokic is amazing as well but needs his running mate.

Booker has been wild to watch for being that young as well. Like the NFL and the influx of incredible young players ready to take over the league, the NBA has been equally blessed. Me personally? These are my current favorite players to watch, and in no particular order. The ones where they could be the next Kobe / Lebron / KD / Curry. (I'm only listing the youngins with only a few years in the league)

- Luka
- Donovan Mitchell
- Ja Morant (so wish my Knicks would've snagged him, he's an incredible athlete imo)
- Mitchell
- Booker
- Trae Young (he's embraced the villain role and delivers in spades)
- Anthony Edwards
- Tatum

Ones that are great but I'm not 100% sold on yet. Meaning, I don't know they can take over a game like the guys above or more important the superstars we have already discussed.

Zion
RJ Barrett
Jokic (he could be on the list above possibly)
LaMelo (I'm just not a huge fan of the Ball family, starting with Senior having seen him up close and obviously because of Lonzo)

My opinion of course but enjoy watching them play immensely.

PS - absolutely remember Matt Barnes and Kobe not even batting an eyelash lol. 100% not how that played out in Barnes head before he attempted that lol.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      03-21-2022, 10:16 AM   #158
Agall1985
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 SEDAN

With someone who has many years under his career, it is not a surprise that King James has amassed both an array of fans and haters. One of LeBron’s biggest critics, Skip Bayless, took to Twitter to express his lack of surprise for the results stating, “A national poll finds that the most hated player in the NBA is … LeBron James. No surprise here. Can’t wait to discuss on tomorrow’s Undisputed. I’m told Shannon is out of his mind over this.”
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 12:56 PM   #159
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Best thing for the Lakers is to trade the walking hospital (AD), WestBrick and LeBronics.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 02:04 PM   #160
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Uh huh. Yes, I can think of so many teams with 1 All Star who have won a championship. Why do you think Giannis keeps getting smoked in the playoffs? He doesn't have a solid #2. Middleton is the third best option on a championship team..........and that's if he could play in the playoffs like he does in the regular season.
That didn't age well Definitely admire Giannis more than Lebron for not taking the easy route to get a ring.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 02:45 PM   #161
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

3 hours ago (edited)
I’m going to invent a player. This player, by the end of his career is going to have:

2 NBA Championships
2 Finals MVPs
1 NBA MVP
9 Scoring Titles
1 NBA DPOY
3 All Defensive 1st Teams

Is this one of the best players of all time? Definitely a Hall of Famer if you had this resume. That’s the difference between Lebron and Jordan. Everyone says it’s close but it’s not. It’s a whole Hall of Fame career better.
-Kevin Wildes

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 02:48 PM   #162
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Quote:
Uh huh. Yes, I can think of so many teams with 1 All Star who have won a championship. Why do you think Giannis keeps getting smoked in the playoffs? He doesn't have a solid #2. Middleton is the third best option on a championship team..........and that's if he could play in the playoffs like he does in the regular season.
That didn't age well Definitely admire Giannis more than Lebron for not taking the easy route to get a ring.
But two totally different mindsets. Lebron's goal from early on was to become a billion dollar player. Giannis's goal was to provide and take care of his entire family. He doesn't have aspirations of being a billionaire. Super grounded and down to earth that one. One grew up in poverty, literally panhandling on the streets of a foreign country while the other graced the cover of SI at age 13.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 03:00 PM   #163
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
But two totally different mindsets. Lebron's goal from early on was to become a billion dollar player. Giannis's goal was to provide and take care of his entire family. He doesn't have aspirations of being a billionaire. Super grounded and down to earth that one. One grew up in poverty, literally panhandling on the streets of a foreign country while the other graced the cover of SI at age 13.
That makes him even more admirable, as taking the easy route to get more rings and hence be more successful/richer seems the obvious way to achieve that. Not sure the pt of your post.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 03:06 PM   #164
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That makes him even more admirable, as taking the easy route to get more rings and hence be more successful/richer seems the obvious way to achieve that. Not sure the pt of your post.
Point of it was yeah Giannis is a better person but it's a stupid comparison from the other guys point. Not you Mr Sensitive.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 03:10 PM   #165
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Point of it was yeah Giannis is a better person but it's a stupid comparison from the other guys point. Not you Mr Sensitive.
How am I sensitive when I'm just perplexed by what you're saying? Doesn't really make sense. All I'm saying is that his statement turned out to be wrong since Giannis just won a ring. You're the one talking about personalities for some strange reason and it doesn't even make sense because I'm sure they BOTH wanna win (heck, all the players want to get a 'ship, that's the whole pt!). I don't get the pt about $$$ either, they are all multi-millionaires, I'm sure Giannis can take care of his family many times over. No kidding Giannis seems to be a better person, but again that's not really the pt.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 03:32 PM   #166
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
How am I sensitive when I'm just perplexed by what you're saying? Doesn't really make sense. All I'm saying is that his statement turned out to be wrong since Giannis just won a ring. You're the one talking about personalities for some strange reason and it doesn't even make sense because I'm sure they BOTH wanna win (heck, all the players want to get a 'ship, that's the whole pt!). I don't get the pt about $$$ either, they are all multi-millionaires, I'm sure Giannis can take care of his family many times over. No kidding Giannis seems to be a better person, but again that's not really the pt.
I think the original comparison was asinine. Again, not you the other guy. He chose to compare Lebron with someone who doesn't have the same goals or desires or wants. He also picked one of the most wholesome dudes in the league. His impromptu videos at drive thrus and random fans on the street are very down to earth and pure. If I had kids I'd be happy if they looked at Giannis as a role model. But he's suggesting Giannis is weaker and his team and blah blah blah. Well, Giannis doesn't cry about moving to a better team nor does Giannis play GM.

Lebron only seems to care about championships for his legacy - Giannis just seems to enjoy being paid a shit ton of money to play a game. It's why him and Jokic are so likable.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 04:32 PM   #167
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I think the original comparison was asinine. Again, not you the other guy. He chose to compare Lebron with someone who doesn't have the same goals or desires or wants. He also picked one of the most wholesome dudes in the league. His impromptu videos at drive thrus and random fans on the street are very down to earth and pure. If I had kids I'd be happy if they looked at Giannis as a role model. But he's suggesting Giannis is weaker and his team and blah blah blah. Well, Giannis doesn't cry about moving to a better team nor does Giannis play GM.

Lebron only seems to care about championships for his legacy - Giannis just seems to enjoy being paid a shit ton of money to play a game. It's why him and Jokic are so likable.
Cool, I agree w that, maybe next time just quote him directly and leave me outta it.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 05:02 PM   #168
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Cool, I agree w that, maybe next time just quote him directly and leave me outta it.
I think it's cuz I'm on mobile so it just must've scrolled that's my bad.

But no, I agree with you in the LBJ < Giannis debate. I know who I'd want to build a team around.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2022, 05:44 PM   #169
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I think it's cuz I'm on mobile so it just must've scrolled that's my bad.

But no, I agree with you in the LBJ < Giannis debate. I know who I'd want to build a team around.
Ya, hate using my phone too, it doesn't have all the options. It's all good.
Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      03-21-2022, 06:33 PM   #170
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Right? Jrue Holiday had nothing to do with it. An elite perimeter defender who can give you 20 pts a night.

Did you really go back two years to dig up that post to ignore the changes to the team? Great job! Keep it up!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 07:38 PM   #171
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

I cant stand Lebron and especially his politics. The guy is naïve and uninformed. On the court his longevity is extraordinary. Putting up these numbers at 37 is a testament to how hard he works to take care of his body and mind. I would rather have Jordan in his prime but Lebron is pretty close the way he took Cleveland to a championship w a weak team. The NBA was far better in Jordan's error, less teams and more talent.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 07:44 PM   #172
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Right? Jrue Holiday had nothing to do with it. An elite perimeter defender who can give you 20 pts a night.

Did you really go back two years to dig up that post to ignore the changes to the team? Great job! Keep it up!
Jrue who? Ya, superstar right there! What a killer tandem, I think the pundits will have to rethink the rankings for most deadly tandems in bball, Jordan/Pippen...Kobe/Shaq? Pffffftt Haha, why don't you just take it and move on?

No, I actually don't have any interest in this thread but someone revived it and I was bored so I randomly clicked a page and your post popped up, so you can say it was fate.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 11:25 PM   #173
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Best thing for the Lakers is to trade the walking hospital (AD), WestBrick and LeBronics.
Please I want my Lakers back. I grew up going to Laker games, family always had season tickets. I despise Lebron. I saw all of Kobe's championships, Staples was never more alive. The three-peat with Shaq/Kobe was the pinnacle.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 11:27 PM   #174
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 01:08 AM   #175
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:

Quite honestly....LeBron has done very little to improve his legacy since like 2016. The Lakers have basically sucked the last 2 years.....and seeing how they have played the last 2 years, I can safely say their championship in the bubble meant nothing. It's a fake asterisk title they wouldn't have won if the season had gone normally. Throw everything that happened in the bubble out.

Jordan did tons of winning and pretty much nothing else. Remember, he could have many more titles had he not played baseball and if they hadn't broken the Bulls up. LeBron is an amazing player.....but he has lost a lot with stacked teams. Not only that, I look at him in a lesser light because he brings all these guys in who basically suck....Westbrook sucks. I don't know how else to say it. AD is shown he isn't the player most thought he was. Quite honestly, I think he has gotten too comfortable out in LA...which is fine....but meh, he will never be GREAT.

Giannis is amazing....an amazing person and player. I would not be shocked if he has as many titles as LeBron when he is done playing. Assuming on the Bucks get on the same page defensively...I don't see anyone beating them this year and it's really not even close.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 03:07 AM   #176
Jhanksm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Comp

Lebron is the GOAT, i'm sorry to say and I love MJ. I grew up watching MJ, idolize his game (born 83). I can go on and on why just like I could make a case for jordan, or older people than me can do it for Kareem. All this ish is subjective. But to say he is a trash player is straight b.s.
Appreciate 0