BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Spooky ghost stories!

10-30-2021, 12:16 AM   #1
Bunnny
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 & 2002 330ci e46

Spooky ghost stories!

What's your scariest experience?
or story of haunted places?

Bout 8 years ago I started working for a retail chain selling sports wear. When I got hired they were just setting up in a large, old brick building downtown. It was formally known as the Alberta Hotel Building, and is along a block of super old buildings in the city.
Inside were three floors, mostly an open concept store with a large metal staircase in the center. It was the second week when we were making jokes about how spooky it was at times in the store & having a laugh that there were "ghosts". By the first month the jokes had formed to statements with staff having their own experiences.
The door at the back of the store, which had an electronic lock, and could not be tampered with, would lock our manager's out when they would go out the back for a smoke. Several pieces of clothing would be picked up off the racks as if someone was looking at it, and then dropped to the floor. A dark figure would wander in around the clothing racks upstairs (we got this on security camera, my manager showed me).
When I started in the early mornings (6 or 7am), the clothing manager would call me to see when I'd be there because it was 'too scary' to go in alone. And to be fair, mornings were the worst.
I'd be upstairs counting the cash infront of the security monitors, seeing no one in the store- except the clothing manager on a different floor, and while hearing boots stomping outside the cash office. They would start in the office and then carry on downstairs. Sometimes sounds would happen over the store intercom early morning also.
In the basement, we had huge storage racks and if you were in at the back, we would sometimes hear someone digging around in the next racks over but no one would be there. And never take the elevator. It would get stuck, especially in the basement.
Before I left, a pot light worked itself out of a vertical wall that was 20 feet in the air, and missed hitting my coworker very closely. She felt the air of an object fly by her head.
Things would usually cool off during the day time however, and we didn't notice them when we closed at 9:30pm.
Working 4 years in that building hardened me up to anyone jumping out and surprising me.

I did some research and found the building was once a hotel, and burned down tragically in a fire with people inside. It was also once a law office, and it burned down also. You could still see charred wood and brick from the inside. I asked the retail place next door if they had the same sort of things happening and they said they did. Apparently the same restless activity happens all over the block.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615188.50
      10-30-2021, 05:37 PM   #2
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Back in the 1980's, I was working the late shift one evening at my current job. The building was 100% secured, and only the security guard and I were in there. The guard was SCARED to patrol the top floor alone because of the ghost, so he asked me to go along with him. We checked every room and outside window, and all doors were locked and windows closed.

I didn't even get back to my overnight project when he asked me to go upstairs again. Two doors were unlocked, and three windows were wide open! This wasn't a prank. Many of the other overnight guards avoided working in this particular building after observing similar instances.

About a year later, I was working second shift and had to shut down a network storage device using its attached console serial terminal at the end of my shift. I was also working the first shift the next morning, and had to restart the storage device. I powered on the serial terminal, and hit the power switch on the storage device expecting to get a boot screen. The screen was blank. After investigating, it turns out that someone had moved the serial cable onto a different port on the terminal. This cable is always screwed down, and the room was so secure that not even security had a key to get inside it! At this point, I realized that the ghost liked to play pranks. I looked at the ceiling and said "very funny," but did not let the ghost annoy me until it ultimately gave up.

About 7 years ago, a few of my colleagues found stuff moved around in their offices overnight. They made a big fuss instead of taking my advice, and the ghost pranked them for weeks despite every effort to prevent it or capture it by installing CCTV cameras. After they finally realized that the ghost wasn't touching stuff in my office, they both took down the cameras and made peace with the ghost.....
      10-30-2021, 07:45 PM   #3
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Back in the 1980's, I was working the late shift one evening at my current job. The building was 100% secured, and only the security guard and I were in there. The guard was SCARED to patrol the top floor alone because of the ghost, so he asked me to go along with him. We checked every room and outside window, and all doors were locked and windows closed.

I didn't even get back to my overnight project when he asked me to go upstairs again. Two doors were unlocked, and three windows were wide open! This wasn't a prank. Many of the other overnight guards avoided working in this particular building after observing similar instances.

About a year later, I was working second shift and had to shut down a network storage device using its attached console serial terminal at the end of my shift. I was also working the first shift the next morning, and had to restart the storage device. I powered on the serial terminal, and hit the power switch on the storage device expecting to get a boot screen. The screen was blank. After investigating, it turns out that someone had moved the serial cable onto a different port on the terminal. This cable is always screwed down, and the room was so secure that not even security had a key to get inside it! At this point, I realized that the ghost liked to play pranks. I looked at the ceiling and said "very funny," but did not let the ghost annoy me until it ultimately gave up.

About 7 years ago, a few of my colleagues found stuff moved around in their offices overnight. They made a big fuss instead of taking my advice, and the ghost pranked them for weeks despite every effort to prevent it or capture it by installing CCTV cameras. After they finally realized that the ghost wasn't touching stuff in my office, they both took down the cameras and made peace with the ghost.....
Wrong forum.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thatHappened/
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 07:07 AM   #4
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

From 17-20 yrs old we would take girls around to the "haunted" locations near where we lived in NJ. There was an orphanage that allegedly the caretaker set the building on fire and a bunch of children perished. All the windows were gone and you could walk all around the 4 open floors but we went to enter the basement and someone slammed the door closed as we tried to open it. Probably homeless people or druggies but the girls ran like hell. That was my MOST like a ghost story. Not very exciting
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 12:46 PM   #5
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Lived in a house that was.....something. Not sure that I'd classify it as haunted, but we definitely shared space with something that wanted it's presence known. The second wife and I found a great New England soap box that was perfect for us, even the price. Ridiculously cheap! After a few days of living there we discovered why. LOTS of crzy shit happened in that house the 2.5 months that I stayed there. Let me put it this way, I left my wife there. She didn't want to leave, but my ass and my children weren't staying. Managed to get my name off the lease and lit the ground on fire behind me moving out. Way too many occurrences to list them all, but stuff like kitchen cabinets opening on their own (like all of them at the same time - I personally watched it happen twice), chair stacking on top of the dining room table, the voice of a small child singing could be heard throughout the house, wood floors in the living room and the main stairs creaking and sounding like footsteps when no one was there, odd writing in the steamed bathroom mirrors, the ex-wife dreaming of being raped and waking up with the covers pulled off the bed, none of our company would stay longer than 15-20 minutes (really sucked for kids birthday parties), small hand prints in the corners of the ceilings/walls, the ex-wife was diagnosed with cancer while living there (no sign whatsoever of cancer after she moved out), etc. Seriously, WAY TOO MANY things to even remember them all. Everyone thinks haunted houses, spirits, etc. are interesting; until you deal with it first-hand. I typically don't discuss it with people anymore as I people just look at you like you're crazy. I also found it odd that the real estate company handling the lease for the owner, put up no resistance whatsoever getting my name off the year lease less than 3 months in.
Appreciate 4
vreihen1615188.50
540iSUP704.00
      11-01-2021, 12:55 PM   #6
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Lived in a house that was.....something. Not sure that I'd classify it as haunted, but we definitely shared space with something that wanted it's presence known. The second wife and I found a great New England soap box that was perfect for us, even the price. Ridiculously cheap! After a few days of living there we discovered why. LOTS of crzy shit happened in that house the 2.5 months that I stayed there. Let me put it this way, I left my wife there. She didn't want to leave, but my ass and my children weren't staying. Managed to get my name off the lease and lit the ground on fire behind me moving out. Way too many occurrences to list them all, but stuff like kitchen cabinets opening on their own (like all of them at the same time - I personally watched it happen twice), chair stacking on top of the dining room table, the voice of a small child singing could be heard throughout the house, wood floors in the living room and the main stairs creaking and sounding like footsteps when no one was there, odd writing in the steamed bathroom mirrors, the ex-wife dreaming of being raped and waking up with the covers pulled off the bed, none of our company would stay longer than 15-20 minutes (really sucked for kids birthday parties), small hand prints in the corners of the ceilings/walls, the ex-wife was diagnosed with cancer while living there (no sign whatsoever of cancer after she moved out), etc. Seriously, WAY TOO MANY things to even remember them all. Everyone thinks haunted houses, spirits, etc. are interesting; until you deal with it first-hand. I typically don't discuss it with people anymore as I people just look at you like you're crazy. I also found it odd that the real estate company handling the lease for the owner, put up no resistance whatsoever getting my name off the year lease less than 3 months in.
I dont know you, but are you bullshitting us?????
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 01:27 PM   #7
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
I dont know you, but are you bullshitting us?????
Not at all. We went as far as to call a neighboring counties "paranormal society" that investigates such things. They sent a group of people that came to bless our house and investigate to report their findings to the group we called. One of the men ran from inside the house after they started, claiming he couldn't breathe (as in being suffocated). Another claimed his back was "on fire" after they began their "cleansing" - after that he raised his shirt and he had 3 long scratch marks down his back. One of the women claimed they didn't "feel safe" in our home. A few days later, we received a call from the "XYZ County Paranormal Society" stating that they refused to step foot inside our home to investigate further as they felt their safety was in danger. That was the week that I got my kids out of there.

Not bullshitting you at all. The hell that was raised in that house was left there.

The house.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/12...6!4d-84.916481
Appreciate 2
Bunnny219.50
Tommy-G4484.50
      11-01-2021, 01:43 PM   #8
Bunnny
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 & 2002 330ci e46

Quote:
Glad you were able to get out before it had any more affect on you.

There's even markets out there specifically geared towards haunted homes for enthusiasts. But understandably, I could see why someone wouldn't want to advertise as such when they find this out for themselves.
And it is true, until someone lives with a nightmare like that they don't understand what it's like to go through that.

Working at the store got to be comical, because now and then I'd hear head office accusing us of not running shop properly on time, when reality was the managers were too terrified to be in the building alone.
The district manager then came down to our store for a few weeks, and something scared him pretty good in the basement because suddenly he left in a hurry one day and didn't come back. When he did visit again, he wouldnt go into the back basement.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4484.50
King Rudi13154.00
      11-01-2021, 02:23 PM   #9
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Like vreihen16 I had some tech issues. The city had an unofficial mascot cat. Shady would walk into Council meetings, and hop up on the dais until she could find a lap to sit in.

After she passed, we would have random "issues" with recording equipment, or projectors, or the PA system. At one point I had to open the back of the server rack where the PA system was, and found a bag of Swedish fish and the feather from a cat toy.

After that, I keep a bag of Swedish fish behind the dais, sitting in front of all the computer gear. Things still malfunction right after checking them, but less often. When they do, it's time for a new bag of fish.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4484.50
vreihen1615188.50
      11-01-2021, 03:19 PM   #10
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Not at all. We went as far as to call a neighboring counties "paranormal society" that investigates such things. They sent a group of people that came to bless our house and investigate to report their findings to the group we called. One of the men ran from inside the house after they started, claiming he couldn't breathe (as in being suffocated). Another claimed his back was "on fire" after they began their "cleansing" - after that he raised his shirt and he had 3 long scratch marks down his back. One of the women claimed they didn't "feel safe" in our home. A few days later, we received a call from the "XYZ County Paranormal Society" stating that they refused to step foot inside our home to investigate further as they felt their safety was in danger. That was the week that I got my kids out of there.

Not bullshitting you at all. The hell that was raised in that house was left there.

The house.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/12...6!4d-84.916481
Thats wild, I cant even imagine
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Like vreihen16 I had some tech issues. The city had an unofficial mascot cat. Shady would walk into Council meetings, and hop up on the dais until she could find a lap to sit in.

After she passed, we would have random "issues" with recording equipment, or projectors, or the PA system. At one point I had to open the back of the server rack where the PA system was, and found a bag of Swedish fish and the feather from a cat toy.

After that, I keep a bag of Swedish fish behind the dais, sitting in front of all the computer gear. Things still malfunction right after checking them, but less often. When they do, it's time for a new bag of fish.
Now that's a great haunt to have around. Bet you have no mice either
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      11-01-2021, 03:24 PM   #11
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Thats wild, I cant even imagine

Now that's a great haunt to have around. Bet you have no mice either
It was nuts for sure. I was always into dark and scary things, still am, but living it first hand is not for the faint of heart. Especially when you see what it does to people you care about. While living in that house, the wife lost close to 40 pounds (she didn't have 40 to lose), her hair turned gray and started falling out, dark circles around her eyes, etc. Again, I don't want to say the house was haunted, but something is not right there.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4484.50
vreihen1615188.50
      11-01-2021, 04:51 PM   #12
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Not up to Rudi's level but I usually sleep with my feet sticking out from under the covers. One night I was awakened by the feeling of someone tugging on my big toe. Didn't really scare me as that's what my wife does to wake me when my diabetic son is having an issue. So I look up and she is not there and is sleeping beside me. I figure I'm dreaming so I lay back down to go to sleep when I feel the tugging on my big toe again. I look at my foot and can see my big toe moving and I can feel the touch of someone grabbing but no one is there... and I can see my toe moving back and forth! Still not really sure if I was dreaming but I sure felt awake. Have never happened again and have had no other issues in the house.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      11-01-2021, 05:01 PM   #13
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Not up to Rudi's level but I usually sleep with my feet sticking out from under the covers. One night I was awakened by the feeling of someone tugging on my big toe. Didn't really scare me as that's what my wife does to wake me when my diabetic son is having an issue. So I look up and she is not there and is sleeping beside me. I figure I'm dreaming so I lay back down to go to sleep when I feel the tugging on my big toe again. I look at my foot and can see my big toe moving and I can feel the touch of someone grabbing but no one is there... and I can see my toe moving back and forth! Still not really sure if I was dreaming but I sure felt awake. Have never happened again and have had no other issues in the house.
Did you get up and check his glucose?
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615188.50
King Rudi13154.00
      11-01-2021, 05:14 PM   #14
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Did you get up and check his glucose?
Who's glucose, the ghost?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 05:51 PM   #15
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

I have a lot of trouble believing in paranormal stuff; I expect an explanation consistent with the known laws of physics and biology. That said,…

When I was a strapping young teenager, living in Southern California, one night a friend and I decided to have some fun at the beach. It was a bit after midnight and there was good moonlight, so we set about our task. We intended to float one of the steel cube-shaped trash bins (they had slots at the top on either side for a garbage truck’s forks to pick them up). The thing was really heavy, even empty, but we were able to muscle it on the sand to the water’s edge. The beach was empty and we were cutting up a bit. Then we both turned away from the ocean to see a figure, size of an adult man, dressed all in black with a black cape and tricorn hat with no visible/discernible features. Almost like a pirate might be imagined, except for the all black part, and no parrot. He walked toward us a few paces and stopped. We stared a brief moment and noped out of there real fast.

We talked about it later - both saw the same thing and couldn’t make sense out of it. Our conclusion was it must have been someone who lives nearby wanting to scare us, and they succeeded. But there are gaps in that explanation, too. We are still friends but never discuss this.
Appreciate 2
      11-02-2021, 05:04 AM   #16
540iSUP
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30, E36

The only time I've ever experienced anything was when my Grandmother passed away. She lived with us from about her 60's to her 80's. When she died, we flew her body to the Philippines and buried her there. One night, while in the Philippines, my cousin and I were sleeping in one room, and my Aunt and other cousin was sleeping in another room down the hall. I remember waking up for some reason and out of the corner of my eye I saw a fuzzy orb, kind of like the light you would see reflect off your watch while driving. The light was up in the air near the doorway and then it went down the hall towards the room my Aunt was in. When I looked over to the bed next to me, I saw that my other cousin wasn't there. I followed the light out of the room and as I was walking down the hall I could see the room that my Aunt was in. Now, my Aunt and 2 cousins were in the room and when they saw me coming down the hall, they all looked at me, wide eyed, and stopped talking. Apparently, my cousin that was in the bed next to me had one of those episodes where it feels like someone or something is putting immense pressure on your chest. He said he couldn't move and he tried to call out to me but he couldn't get his voice out. When he was finally able to move, he bolted straight for his mom's room. As he was explaining what happened to his mom and brother, I walked out of the room and down the hall. They asked me what I was doing up and if I was ok, I told them I saw a light or something so I followed it to their room.

Fast forward to about 2 weeks and we are back in SoCal. I'm by myself in my parent's 2 story home where I lived with my Grandmother. My parent's weren't home at the time and I was cleaning some stuff up. I went downstairs to the living room to chill for a min, when I heard footsteps above me. Now if you lived in a 2 story home for sometime, you get to know the different sounds. It was for sure footsteps that I heard and they were right above me, where my Grandmother's room was. Being a skeptic, I thought "yeah right". Then I heard her closet open all the way, and then shut all the way. It's a sliding door closet so I heard the door slide across the floor and hit the side, then slide across and hit the other side to close. I thought "well, if its a ghost, it's probably my grandmother and it would be scary, but kind of neat to see the ghost of my grandmother." So I walk up the stairs and into her room; at that moment, my dog that was just outside her window in the back yard started barking out of nowhere. I ran down to see what was going on and then the dog just stopped. I kept this to myself and never told anyone.

A few days later, my mom, who is grieving the death of her mom, went to see a psychic. I thought it was silly, but my mom said that the psychic recorded their session so she could listen to it whenever she wanted. My mom told me that I needed to listen to the tape. So she pops the cassette into an old stereo we had and I'm listening to this lady speak and I'm thinking "blah blah blah, she's feeding off your grief", but then she starts to talk about me.

She starts talking about how my Grandmother went to see me and my cousins in the Philippines. She said that my Grandmother was trying to hug my cousin. I never told my mom about that incident and my mother never gave the psychic any clues to that interaction. The psychic also says that my Grandmother and my Grandfather went to visit me at home. She said my Grandmother was showing my Grandfather around the home she was living in. My grandfather died before my step mom met my dad, so I never got to meet him. She also said that they didn't want to scare me, so when I went to look for them, they left. At the time my Grandmother died I was 20 and my two cousins were 25 and 28, so its not like we were little kids.

That is the only supernatural event that has ever happened to me. The creepiest part was the taped psychic session. How did she know all those things about me when I never told anyone, nor did my mom tell her anything. As a matter of fact, the psychic didn't even ask my mom any questions, she just started telling my mom all this info and recorded it. Since then, I don't question psychics.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
vreihen1615188.50
      11-02-2021, 07:34 AM   #17
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
The only time I've ever experienced anything was when my Grandmother passed away. She lived with us from about her 60's to her 80's. When she died, we flew her body to the Philippines and buried her there. One night, while in the Philippines, my cousin and I were sleeping in one room, and my Aunt and other cousin was sleeping in another room down the hall. I remember waking up for some reason and out of the corner of my eye I saw a fuzzy orb, kind of like the light you would see reflect off your watch while driving. The light was up in the air near the doorway and then it went down the hall towards the room my Aunt was in. When I looked over to the bed next to me, I saw that my other cousin wasn't there. I followed the light out of the room and as I was walking down the hall I could see the room that my Aunt was in. Now, my Aunt and 2 cousins were in the room and when they saw me coming down the hall, they all looked at me, wide eyed, and stopped talking. Apparently, my cousin that was in the bed next to me had one of those episodes where it feels like someone or something is putting immense pressure on your chest. He said he couldn't move and he tried to call out to me but he couldn't get his voice out. When he was finally able to move, he bolted straight for his mom's room. As he was explaining what happened to his mom and brother, I walked out of the room and down the hall. They asked me what I was doing up and if I was ok, I told them I saw a light or something so I followed it to their room.

Fast forward to about 2 weeks and we are back in SoCal. I'm by myself in my parent's 2 story home where I lived with my Grandmother. My parent's weren't home at the time and I was cleaning some stuff up. I went downstairs to the living room to chill for a min, when I heard footsteps above me. Now if you lived in a 2 story home for sometime, you get to know the different sounds. It was for sure footsteps that I heard and they were right above me, where my Grandmother's room was. Being a skeptic, I thought "yeah right". Then I heard her closet open all the way, and then shut all the way. It's a sliding door closet so I heard the door slide across the floor and hit the side, then slide across and hit the other side to close. I thought "well, if its a ghost, it's probably my grandmother and it would be scary, but kind of neat to see the ghost of my grandmother." So I walk up the stairs and into her room; at that moment, my dog that was just outside her window in the back yard started barking out of nowhere. I ran down to see what was going on and then the dog just stopped. I kept this to myself and never told anyone.

A few days later, my mom, who is grieving the death of her mom, went to see a psychic. I thought it was silly, but my mom said that the psychic recorded their session so she could listen to it whenever she wanted. My mom told me that I needed to listen to the tape. So she pops the cassette into an old stereo we had and I'm listening to this lady speak and I'm thinking "blah blah blah, she's feeding off your grief", but then she starts to talk about me.

She starts talking about how my Grandmother went to see me and my cousins in the Philippines. She said that my Grandmother was trying to hug my cousin. I never told my mom about that incident and my mother never gave the psychic any clues to that interaction. The psychic also says that my Grandmother and my Grandfather went to visit me at home. She said my Grandmother was showing my Grandfather around the home she was living in. My grandfather died before my step mom met my dad, so I never got to meet him. She also said that they didn't want to scare me, so when I went to look for them, they left. At the time my Grandmother died I was 20 and my two cousins were 25 and 28, so its not like we were little kids.

That is the only supernatural event that has ever happened to me. The creepiest part was the taped psychic session. How did she know all those things about me when I never told anyone, nor did my mom tell her anything. As a matter of fact, the psychic didn't even ask my mom any questions, she just started telling my mom all this info and recorded it. Since then, I don't question psychics.
That's a good one! I have similar stories with my grandmother. She and I were very close. She died when I was in my late 20's. She would take nylon stockings/pantyhose and wrap around the end of her dryer vent hose, then direct the hose out of the top, in the back of her dryer to add heat/a makeshift humidifier in her tiny house. She was also very particular about her plants and placement of everything on her screened in porch. I, myself, have not seen any of the following, but her neighbors (who were always close with our family) asked if they could buy her home after she passed. They have rented the place to 3 different people and all 3 stayed a very short time; all stating the same claims. If it's cold, the dryer turns itself on around 10 pm, if people leave anything on the screened in porch they find it in the front yard the next morning and there are random loud noises, that the tenants state sounds like the attic access ladder is being slammed shut. Currently the house is vacant and has been for years. the neighbors still go by and keep the place clean, mow the yard etc. Again, I know none of this to be true for myself. I've only heard the stories that the neighbors have told my uncles.

Btw, after reading back on what I typed here, and much of everything else I post on here; I imagine could be difficult to believe at times. It is rather odd that I have the shit happen to me that happens. I'll just throw this out there as well. Current home, I won't say is haunted, but I feel like my dad is there at times. All sorts of crazy events have happened in the 6 years I've lived there. The girlfriend has got pretty used to my house at this point. She isn't phased by any of it anymore, but before we started dating; females that came to my house had to get the "before you stay the night" disclosure. I've had 2 leave in the middle of the night, one talked to me the day after, the other I never heard from again. The one that I spoke to the day after told me that we could see each other again, but she wasn't coming to my house. So, when dad died, one of the things I was left from him was an old trunk from the 1800's, nothing special about the trunk other than it's just bad ass. All my father's personal items, such as work boots, old family pictures, family history type stuff, letters from his father etc. are all in that trunk; along with his ashes. The trunk resides in the back corner of my living room. This area, the hallway and the kitchen are the hot spots of activity. Nothing major, like cabinets opening or chair stacking, but we get some good stuff and not "maybe" type anomalies. If you're there, there's no question about what you are experiencing.

Things happen so often that we don't even really pay any mind to them anymore. Honestly, it's why I mentioned the house I posted yesterday and didn't even give a second thought to my current place. Weird, I know. Below is small list of weird things that have happened in the past 6 years.

A friend of mine from England and I were sitting on my back deck during the middle of the day, in the summer, having a drink. She gets visibly upset and asks if I'm expecting company. I respond with no, then she gets up and runs into my house as if she is chasing something/someone. By the time I catch up to her, she has ran through my house and is in the driveway confused. To this day she still swears she saw a man standing in my kitchen.

An ex-girlfriend and I were sitting in the living room on a Sunday morning having breakfast. We were discussing our relationship and how nice it was for both of us not to be with the type of people we had previously been with - we both just got out of bad relationships. Suddenly, my printer, starts printing...out of nowhere. We both look at each other completely puzzled. I go to the printer and on the paper is printed "Congratulations." The computer that printer is connect to isn't even turned on. I still have the paper.

The ongoing light escapade - This gets it's own chapter. Everyone who comes to my house gets briefed and experiences it for themselves at some point. I have 3 lamps in my house that love to turn themselves on and off and on. I have to tell people so they don't get freaked out. The cool thing is, more often than not; when I tell people about it, it usually happens right then. I have to say, I enjoy the look of pale face or complete shock when it happens just as I warn them.

How can I upload videos from my phone or the cloud here? I've got some good one's I'll share.

Again, I'd also like to mention again, I understand that how some of what I post could seem completely unbelievable. I'm not here to get anyone to believe me; just sharing my experiences is all.
Appreciate 5
vreihen1615188.50
kscarrol8901.50
540iSUP704.00
2000cs3496.50
      11-02-2021, 08:23 AM   #18
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
My old man was vocal his entire life about his preferred funeral option, and also that he would make an effort to communicate from the great beyond once he passed. Without going into details, he died in an accident, and that night he found a way to *clearly* communicate his displeasure with the family's changes to his desired funeral option that was without a doubt from the great beyond.....
540iSUP704.00
      11-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #19
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Periodically (getting rarer all the time) my grandpa picks a tie for me. I'll be rummaging thru my rack, not sure what to pick, and suddenly the "right" one will fall off. And I can feel grandpa smiling.

A few times, couple of weeks after my mom passed, she showed up to tell me she was fine, and showed me her new friend. It's something like a large dragonfly crossed with a praying mantis, red. The amazing thing is that mom shows it to me with her foot, lifts it up to head high so I can see. Mom was in a wheel chair at the end, so this is her being free from restrictions and pain.

Earlier this year, we were burying my dad's uncle, and there were birds, in the cold of Iowa, hanging out just on the perimeter of people at the gravesite. Mom was there.
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13154.00
540iSUP704.00
vreihen1615188.50
      11-02-2021, 09:35 AM   #20
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

I stayed overnight at the Myrtles Plantation:

https://www.myrtlesplantation.com/
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 12:57 PM   #21
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
I stayed overnight at the Myrtles Plantation:

https://www.myrtlesplantation.com/
Very cool! We have a haunted bed & breakfast here that I've wanted to go stay at. Have tried several times to line it up for my birthday, but have yet to be able to make it happen.

Ghost Hunters International used to do their ghost hunt but looks like Ghost Hunters Weekend is doing it now. Still plan to do this at some point.

https://www.tnvacation.com/events/re...t-ghost-hunt-3

How was the Myrtles Plantation?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 01:55 PM   #22
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Noting everyone in this thread to keep them in the "crazy mofo" box.
Appreciate 2
2000cs3496.50
540iSUP704.00