BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Help with 3 codes...

10-18-2021, 10:34 PM   #1
chef423
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Help with 3 codes...

I haven't gotten into Google yet with these codes, wanted to throw this out for the community to comment on. I have Index 15 injectors, installed about a year ago.

I just installed some new hardware:

Oil Cooler (temps are 15 degrees cooler! woot!)
VRSF 7.5" FMIC
2 new Boost Cannisters
Upgraded PVC Valve
1 SMC on the right headlight, lights STILL wont turn after coding it!

Nothing I fooled with above speaks to the errors....so a bit confused. I did remove the engine cover and check wiring, it was a pain to get on last time and I forced it a bit....

any help appreciated!

Running MHD Stage 1+ and xHP stage 3
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 10:37 PM   #2
chef423
Private
United_States
Rep

One tidbit I left out...my $#& ass dropped a wrench down near the intake manifold and didnt diconnect the battery before I went digging for it with long nose pliers....got a spark and a lil bit of smoke with a WEEEEZING sound....hence the wrench is still there.

Car started fine, so I was hoping I did no damage.

I did have the battery (after my idiot move) disconnected for a few days after...seeing some with the 29E2/29E0 from Google on this...

This it the BMW part it HATE, hunting codes when your (meaning my) car is refreshed and solid. Makes no sense. The Throttle valve angle code has me more worried (wrench issue?)

EDIT: Found this too: If you are getting these codes, check your chargepipe connection to the actual throttle body. If it becomes loose, you will throw these codes. If it becomes really loose, there could be a chance of the o-ring in the charge pipe getting sucked into your throttle body. If you restart the car after resetting throttle adaption and it is gone, it probably could be a boost leak. But if you keep starting the car and it is not starting up normally after the reset, take off the charge pipe and check in the butterfly of the throttle body, chances are your o-ring may have got sucked into there and is messing with the butterfly valve. The main thing to check is for a secure connection with the charge pipe and throttle body.

Last edited by chef423; 10-18-2021 at 10:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 03:15 PM   #3
chef423
Private
United_States
Rep

SOLVED:

They dont make vacuum line caps like they used too!!! (GRRR)

Actually, not solved

Installing an upgraded FMIC and now this? UNREAL. When I get on the throttle, sure sound like alot of air is moving from the engine. Maybe something is loose.

Last edited by chef423; 10-19-2021 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0