BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum During Checkout

10-16-2023, 12:54 PM   #23
z4forme
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 Z4 M4.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
Is your installer saying that Ceramic Pro’s ceramic products are better than Xpel’s which is why you are doing the rear that way?
He didn't say that directly but I think it is implied.

I recently bought a Cayenne S in San Diego and the local PPF shop, One of One (which is #1 Xpel in the US), did the same thing that my PPF shop in Monterey is recommending.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2023, 12:58 PM   #24
z4forme
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryinva View Post
In the USA, the standard warranty and service coverage is transferred to a new owner. When I enrolled my 2022 s30i via MyBMW, it shows the previous owner apparently paid for an extended Service Warranty for 5 years and it transferred with the vehicle through 2027.
The 3 yr 36k svc coverage only transfers to a different owner if you purchase the Care+ coverage.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2023, 01:26 PM   #25
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by z4forme View Post
Xpel now only warranties their film if you use their ceramic. I too have used Ceramic Pro on top of Xpel and had no issues. My installer says it is best to now use a hybrid solution so as to not void the Xpel warranty.
Quote:
He didn't say that directly but I think it is implied.

I recently bought a Cayenne S in San Diego and the local PPF shop, One of One (which is #1 Xpel in the US), did the same thing that my PPF shop in Monterey is recommending.
I am friends with the owner of my shop and you are correct that Xpel is now requiring that they only put their brand of ceramic on their PPF.

Do you really think that Xpel would know the difference if a shop used Ceramic Pro and wrote Xpel's ceramic on the invoice?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2023, 09:02 PM   #26
z4forme
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I am friends with the owner of my shop and you are correct that Xpel is now requiring that they only put their brand of ceramic on their PPF.

Do you really think that Xpel would know the difference if a shop used Ceramic Pro and wrote Xpel's ceramic on the invoice?
I would not ask a shop to do that, besides they are pretty closely tied to the products they use and would not be incented to do so.

Last edited by z4forme; 10-16-2023 at 09:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 09:40 AM   #27
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
I would not ask a shop to do that, besides they are pretty closely tied to the products they use and would not be incented to do so.

I am simply asking whether you could tell the difference once the ceramic coating is applied on top of Xpel’s PPF.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 11:49 AM   #28
z4forme
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I am simply asking whether you could tell the difference once the ceramic coating is applied on top of Xpel’s PPF.
No, it is nearly impossible to tell the difference.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 01:23 PM   #29
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No, it is nearly impossible to tell the difference.
Exactly, this is just a pressure tactic by Xpel to force their shops to only use their ceramic products and also scare their customers. Many shops carry more than one brand.
Appreciate 2
StanDiego6248.50
Argo697.00
      10-17-2023, 05:37 PM   #30
z4forme
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Exactly, this is just a pressure tactic by Xpel to force their shops to only use their ceramic products and also scare their customers. Many shops carry more than one brand.
I agree, Xpel wants uptake of all its products.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2023, 11:34 AM   #31
perryinva
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4S30i 2019 X3x30i

When I was looking at used Z4s, all 4 of the ones I actually physically saw, had U Care+. I assumed (incorrectly apparently) that that was standard. None had UCare +1,2 etc. Mine also as the 5/75 Upgrade Maintenance which transferred over as well. The reality is unless something really goes wrong, most of these are moot, as I drive less than 10k/yr. Retired, it is basically a fun car, and I wasn’t looking to spend more than $50k for such. A 2023/24 s30i similarly equipped was about $10k more (and that was sticker, no discussion of UCare+ or anything else) than what I paid for mine, as the dealership wasn’t willing to negotiate on ordering a new one at all. But, it would have had more things I wanted standard, which would have been nice, just not for 20% more plus increased insurance and PP tax here, than what I ended up paying. They had one on the lot, perfect, even had HUD, except for the magma seats. Which I test drove first as my first time in one. Also a 30i, it was enough for me. Upon searching for another, none had cognac, which I wanted, & all the ones they had transfer access to, had either black, white, or magma, and body colors I didn’t want. They said Magma seats are very popular. Just not something I wanted personally though. I definitely would have bought say a 2020 M40i if I could have found one in that range in a color combo I wanted. None were found.
Appreciate 0