BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Changes on the horizon with Dealerships..

03-21-2022, 06:07 PM   #45
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
as an aside, its hard for me to believe you are the most caring, nicest salesperson in the country, when youre such a dick online. cant imagine all your customers would agree with your stance that youre great.
And I'm sure you contacted at least one of them before making such a statement?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 06:11 PM   #46
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
dude needs to be making cold calls instead of arguing on the internet forums lol
Shows what type of sales dweebs you're used to dealing with. I don't make cold calls. I did create BMW chapters, edit Roundel magazine, manage the largest single-marque car club not owned by a manufacturer, and have owned BMWs for over 50-years. And you?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 06:35 PM   #47
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Shows what type of sales dweebs you're used to dealing with. I don't make cold calls. I did create BMW chapters, edit Roundel magazine, manage the largest single-marque car club not owned by a manufacturer, and have owned BMWs for over 50-years. And you?
Don't break your arm, patting yourself on the back.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2022, 06:46 PM   #48
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Great. Now all the schlemiels who order cars from me and wriggle out of the deal once the car is produced won't have a sympathetic ear to bend when they want their deposit back. All those dicks who place orders all over the place and just expect to walk away from all but one will be contractually obligated to complete the sale on each car they order and spec to their individual taste. I guaranty Ford won't be as understanding as the local dealership you screwed.

Over 40-years selling BMW, Porsche, Audi—with enough customers I respect too much to give a flying f*uck about the losers who have wasted my time over the decades. Just had an outstanding delivery to a customer with his new M5CS who couldn't have been happier even though he's waited about a year to get his car. Some times people make it all worthwhile—and other times people make me regret I have yet to retire. It's balancing the bullshit with the grateful customers I've been able to help. And yet people like some in this thread continue to bash sales people. Behind your backs we know that many "Buyers are Liars!"

I've been one of those great customers to sales people I think. I know people will think I'm nuts but I don't haggle, if I think the price is already fair. 90% I get the car I'm looking at and I'm out of the dealer in about an hour. I also call to tell them I'm coming in that way the car is ready to look at.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 07:05 PM   #49
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
google "dealer franchise laws"

Most states have laws in place that prohibit buying directly from the manufacturer.
Yes, exactly. It would be good if someone knowledgable could expound on the main franchise law provisions. The covers need to be lifted a bit more on this.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 07:37 PM   #50
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Don't break your arm, patting yourself on the back.
I'd be happy to read anyone's CV that shows they know what they're talking about on a topic. Facts and experience are quite different than self-aggrandizement.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 08:29 AM   #51
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
doing alright man. look some people hate my profession too. all in the game lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 08:32 AM   #52
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Yes, exactly. It would be good if someone knowledgable could expound on the main franchise law provisions. The covers need to be lifted a bit more on this.
im not really sure what more info you are wanting than "Manufacturers are prohibited to sell direct to consumers in most states." Its not very complicated.

maybe read this? explains it a little bit more. https://www.morganlewis.com/-/media/...w_19june19.pdf

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 08:36 AM   #53
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
I'd be happy to read anyone's CV that shows they know what they're talking about on a topic. Facts and experience are quite different than self-aggrandizement.
i dont have to be a narcissistic salesperson to know that there are a lot of shitty salespeople.

you are providing one example, yourself, which you have continuously patted yourself on the back for being the best salesperson ever, as evidence that salespeople are great. While others who have varying numbers of interactions with dealerships are providing differing experiences.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 11:29 AM   #54
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Quote:
Maybe love for their products? https://www.audiovideologic.com/
oh for sure, there are some really superb high end audio salons out there. For me I'm lucky to have this one less than 45 mins away ……..

https://www.overtureav.com/?gclid=Cj...caAiL4EALw_wcB