BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 08 M3 + 19 year old = bad

Closed Thread

07-23-2008, 05:51 AM   #67
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
First of all ive been behind the wheel of a motorized vehicle since i was 5 (i raced moto and karts), so you have no right to say i cant handle 300 hp. the 135 isnt the supercar with endless power reserves your trying to make it out to be.

secondly, yes i dont have to pay a mortgage, rent, or utilities, but thats just one of the perks of being 18. dont get pissy because you do have to pay these things

as for future debt, my car will be payed off within the year, well before i am living on my own. i didnt buy this car on an impulse, i sat down, planned out my finances and then came to the conclusion that i can afford this car while in my current situation. in a year ill be 19 with a payed off 135i and a house.

my age doesnt make me stupid

(teenagers unite!!!!!! :biggrin

Experience driving on public road is a different matter. This isn’t my opinion. look at the insurance statistics. No one is saying you cant handle the car. No one is getting pissy.

Every time someone with age comments the young folks get their backs up. I agree age does not make you stupid...just a little cocky and naive.

I can totally see the points you are making, take the time to understand others.

If I was your age having the money for a new 135 knowing what I know now I would stick it in realestate.

In this case we should agree to disagree and move on to more important topics.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 06:12 AM   #68
jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 Tundra

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Experience driving on public road is a different matter. This isn’t my opinion. look at the insurance statistics. No one is saying you cant handle the car. No one is getting pissy.

Every time someone with age comments the young folks get their backs up. I agree age does not make you stupid...just a little cocky and naive.

I can totally see the points you are making, take the time to understand others.

If I was your age having the money for a new 135 knowing what I know now I would stick it in realestate.

Only reason why young people get pissy is when old folks (you) stereotype young drivers...we are lumped in a giant category (all bad drivers).....and if you want to go the route of statistics...ok more accidents happen to younger male drivers....well the older generation obviously has no concept of money since they cant even keep there houses... that throws you into that group... but im not senile so i know its not true unless you actually lose your house.... just becasue statistics show there is a higher possibility doesnt make every person fall into the group
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 06:54 AM   #69
///M ichael
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: HiAce

Play nice children....
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 07:30 AM   #70
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenington86 View Post
Only reason why young people get pissy is when old folks (you) stereotype young drivers...we are lumped in a giant category (all bad drivers).....and if you want to go the route of statistics...ok more accidents happen to younger male drivers....well the older generation obviously has no concept of money since they cant even keep there houses... that throws you into that group... but im not senile so i know its not true unless you actually lose your house.... just becasue statistics show there is a higher possibility doesnt make every person fall into the group
Man you have to calm down. You are completely right the present 30-40's have not received the correct guidance when it comes to personal finance. We can see this in the housing market in the US.

The point is this, if someone had given me some advice when I was 18 to put ~30k into some sort of solid growth fund, stock, whatever and continue to invest over the years I would be retired now at 36 ( I am not that old yet). You know what they say hindsight is 20/20.

Look. lets move on from this argument. We are here because we love our 1s.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #71
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

Quote:

so why didnt you invest your money instead of buying a 135i??

if your so wise and all. .

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #72
All4One
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135icp

With all your arguments, do you know why insurance fees runs high? Fact 1. Because of the total number of accidents. Do you happen to know why it is more expensive to insure a youngster. Fact 2. Because they are more likely to get into trouble (higher risk rating). Give me all the exceptions you want, its not happening on the ground. And it is not gonna fly. Everytime i see this, i hedge (take options) on AIG, Geico,Progressive etc. At least i have a good chance to get back what we are paying in insurance.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #73
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
so why didnt you invest your money instead of buying a 135i??

if your so wise and all. .
I am at a stage in my life where I own my house, have a solid retirement plan, and have lots of disposable income to spend on toys.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 12:12 AM   #74
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I am at a stage in my life where I own my house, have a solid retirement plan, and have lots of disposable income to spend on toys.
so? im in a place where i have a large retirement fund (for my age), no other bills and lots of disposable income to spend on toys..

by your logic no one should ever buy anything, but rather invest it. .well with one exception i guess . .

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 01:34 AM   #75
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

401k already set up, few grand in the bank, going to city college to save money, no rent (yet), only $2500 a year in car insurance payments and gas. I love life. :biggrin:
Currently just wondering if I should buy a co-workers 2004 G35 with 14,000 miles on it for 12K or just keep saving!! Choices.. choices....

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:12 AM   #76
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
so? im in a place where i have a large retirement fund (for my age), no other bills and lots of disposable income to spend on toys..

by your logic no one should ever buy anything, but rather invest it. .well with one exception i guess . .
Just remenber this conversation when you are 40. Until then you are the best and you know everything.

PS. Please drop this thread. You know what they say...when the horse is dead...dismount.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 07:50 AM   #77
jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
No when the horse is dead your told to beat it...for dying of course lol
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 08:34 AM   #78
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Yes, but we're better at the mechanics of writing. There are lots of mistakes in what you wrote. Do you need me to point them out for you?

Truth is, FAR more accidents involve younger drivers. Military statisitcs reveal males 26 years and younger have a much higher probablility of doing very dangerous and stupid things, like drinking and driving, crashing cars and/or motorcycles, or just being involved in alcohol related incidents.
      07-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #79
jrc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

07-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #80
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
Yes, but we're better at the mechanics of writing. There are lots of mistakes in what you wrote. Do you need me to point them out for you?

Truth is, FAR more accidents involve younger drivers. Military statisitcs reveal males 26 years and younger have a much higher probablility of doing very dangerous and stupid things, like drinking and driving, crashing cars and/or motorcycles, or just being involved in alcohol related incidents.
That, once again is a stereo type. I've seen plenty of adults who type like they're a 13 year old girl. I'm 19 and I consider myself fairly competent at the English Language. I'm not an English major or anything, however I know what's wrong/right.

The truth of the matter is, everyone is stupid. Everyone does stupid things, of all ages, races, religion, etc. Grouping people together doesn't work, you can't just lump everyone in to a preconcieved notion just because of their age. As I pointed out earlier I'm 19 and have only been involved in one accident, which wasn't my fault. The two cars infront of me had an accident, I stopped in time, and got rear ended. Was that because I'm a reckless teen driver?

This post wasn't meant to single you out Balls, your post was more of the stepping-stone for mine.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #81
All4One
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135icp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post

best post i have seen so far....mwah ha ha.

Hold your horses guys, dont get into "my piss can reach longer than yours match" All we need to do is agree with what was the mistake and what the data shows, it doesnt matter if you got more money, better in english, young and handsome (thats me--ha ha but i lied), correct or whatever!! Stereotyping is a valid point to only an extent because it is what it is. There are exceptions and you probably be. Ha ha ha. Give me permission to run your a consumer report and background check on you and beans will spill. Nobody is perfect. Now, lets move along. The kid made a mistake, so probably with the parents. Let us learn from it, be careful and do your best.
      07-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #82
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

this is a forum not a romance novel

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #83
jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:

I agree with guardianangel3290. What are you a 1 up'er...How old are you? (oh yeah well well were better at writing than you!) good one...and thats not childish....Oh what mistake? You said the exact same thing I did but used more words (waste of time typing) and you took the time to look up a military statistic to throw in and say the same thing I said. You just added some not all of reasons younger male drivers get into accidents. Oh I forgot the FAR more accidents but that doesnt change the meaning of the sentence. So what mistakes did I make?

I hope I pointed out your error in wasting time writing that post.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #84
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Quote:
I agree with guardianangel3290. What are you a 1 up'er...How old are you? (oh yeah well well were better at writing than you!) good one...and thats not childish....Oh what mistake? You said the exact same thing I did but used more words (waste of time typing) and you took the time to look up a military statistic to throw in and say the same thing I said. You just added some not all of reasons younger male drivers get into accidents. Oh I forgot the FAR more accidents but that doesnt change the meaning of the sentence. So what mistakes did I make?

I hope I pointed out your error in wasting time writing that post.
I don't need to look anything up...comes with the territory of being a commander...and having to deal with many young & stupids. I had two in front of me this week for a DUI and DWI. They entered my door with careers and left without them. Maybe one day you'll be standing tall in front of yours.
      07-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #85
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

By that logic could you not also say that everyone in the military drinks and drives?

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #86
coco_m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged E90 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
Keep digging your hole Balls.

@ InsaneSkippy's post.
      07-24-2008, 03:31 PM   #87
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
By that logic could you not also say that everyone in the military drinks and drives?
Of course not. Only the stupid as it's widely known a DUI equals career death these days. Nothing personal, just business. I don't drink (anymore) so for certain would never make such an assertion. Not sure how you came to your conclusion???
      07-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #88
jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
I don't need to look anything up...comes with the territory of being a commander...and having to deal with many young & stupids. I had two in front of me this week for a DUI and DWI. They entered my door with careers and left without them. Maybe one day you'll be standing tall in front of yours.
No wonder you can afford the cars and bike in your sig...wasnt hard to tell you were military and high ranking....or a single civilian :biggrin:

Don't go pulling up rank on a fourm we don't even need to mix military rank with fourm talk.... As for the DUI and DWI we have had one recently but he had it coming to him he was in trouble everytime he left base but somehow it never got 2 far out of control. He walked the line constantly.... I talk to my commander all the time usually about cars. :biggrin: I stand tall when I need to but usually because he has walked up to ask me how I am doing. Then usually a wise crack joke making fun of me. Some good old car talk. All in all good relationship.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread