BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion 5 Embarrassing Predictions about Obamacare

04-22-2015, 05:32 PM   #23
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

My son is 15, and it STILL bothers me that when he was about 18 months we took him to the ER. They had already "diagnosed" him with some URI, and gave him an injection of some antibiotics, when they came in to do a blood draw. He was screaming, I had to lay on top of him and hold his arm out, they took 2 tries to get a vein. His look into my eyes, pleading and not understanding why I did this to him, haunts me nearly to tears as I write this.

After I recovered a bit, I asked what the blood draw was for: To confirm the diagnosis. W T F!!!!!!!!! You already made the diagnosis AND applied the treatment, now you are doing the blood draw???????
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 03:50 AM   #24
Acertx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
You know they aren't talking about consumer health insurance premiums, right?
I'm pretty sure it's the Doctors who have to pay for malpractice insurance. Perhaps messing with the Medical Industry constantly might prevent cost savings from being passed onto consumers, especially if insurance companies are mainly national entities. Then again I believe Warren Buffet, who's an Obamacare supporter, likes to use insurance premiums to reinvest instead of payout claims. Perhaps I should just believe Gruber about Obamacare... I'm just unsure whether I should believe Gruber when he was lying or after he admitted to lying.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 05:12 AM   #25
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Another embarrassing prediction was that if you liked your healthcare plan, you could keep it.

Another embarrassing prediction was that it would make health care more affordable.

Then of course there's Jonathan Gruber who is just plain embarrassing himself, admitting they had to lie to America to get this thing passed.

Lots of embarrassment to go around.
Not to mention it was voted on an passed by a Democratic controlled Congress in the dead of night on Christmas Eve...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 07:48 AM   #26
M_Proper
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Not to mention it was voted on an passed by a Democratic controlled Congress in the dead of night on Christmas Eve...
Using the shady 'reconciliation' maneuver, the 'cornhusker kickback' bribe, the 'louisiana purchase' bribe...and oh did I mention it passed without A SINGLE CONSERVATIVE VOTE.

The most transparent administration ever.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 12:16 PM   #27
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acertx View Post
I'm pretty sure it's the Doctors who have to pay for malpractice insurance. Perhaps messing with the Medical Industry constantly might prevent cost savings from being passed onto consumers, especially if insurance companies are mainly national entities. Then again I believe Warren Buffet, who's an Obamacare supporter, likes to use insurance premiums to reinvest instead of payout claims. Perhaps I should just believe Gruber about Obamacare... I'm just unsure whether I should believe Gruber when he was lying or after he admitted to lying.
Uhhh, sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 09:39 PM   #28
M_Proper
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Uhhh, sure.
Please refute any of that.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 11:10 PM   #29
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Proper View Post
Please refute any of that.
There is nothing to refute, it was his baseless opinion.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 04:09 AM   #30
Acertx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
There is nothing to refute, it was his baseless opinion.
No it was completely based on the truth, so you can't refute it. Instead you shoot the messenger. The easiest position to refute is my view on Warren Buffet, so go read his book "Snowball." You may need to read it 2 or 3 times, but FOCUS in on his thoughts about GEICO.

Or just read this....
Quote:
Policyholders, in paying premiums, provide a constant stream of cash; insurance companies invest this cash until claims are filed. Because of the uncertainty of the when claims will occur, insurance companies opt to invest in liquid securities: primarily short-term fixed income securities, longer-date bonds, and stocks. Thus Warren Buffett acquired not only two modestly healthy companies, but a cast-iron vehicle for managing investments.
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-817934.html

Now imagine when the Government puts a gun to your head and forces you to buy insurance, then think about just which party did that. Add to that Warren Buffet is a HUGE Obama supporter. It's not even Chess to figure out which party is against the middle class; it's freaking checkers simple. Major donors that control large insurance companies(including medical insurance) push for legislation that REQUIRES every citizen to buy insurance.

Put it this way so maybe you understand.... If I owned 1 of 5 hot dog stands in town and the government said everyone had to buy a hot dog every week; I'd get with the other 4 hot dog stand owners and argue that we should raise our prices to 2000$ a hot dog. They all would, because that's exactly how monopolies operate. This is what Obamacare has actually done. Single Payer WILL actually be worse and I base this off of Europe, every Commie country, and MY own experiences using Military healthcare while stationed in Europe. The solution is simple, and it's to end government interference in healthcare except for licensing.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #31
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acertx View Post
No it was completely based on the truth, so you can't refute it. Instead you shoot the messenger. The easiest position to refute is my view on Warren Buffet, so go read his book "Snowball." You may need to read it 2 or 3 times, but FOCUS in on his thoughts about GEICO.

Or just read this....

http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-817934.html

Now imagine when the Government puts a gun to your head and forces you to buy insurance, then think about just which party did that. Add to that Warren Buffet is a HUGE Obama supporter. It's not even Chess to figure out which party is against the middle class; it's freaking checkers simple. Major donors that control large insurance companies(including medical insurance) push for legislation that REQUIRES every citizen to buy insurance.

Put it this way so maybe you understand.... If I owned 1 of 5 hot dog stands in town and the government said everyone had to buy a hot dog every week; I'd get with the other 4 hot dog stand owners and argue that we should raise our prices to 2000$ a hot dog. They all would, because that's exactly how monopolies operate. This is what Obamacare has actually done. Single Payer WILL actually be worse and I base this off of Europe, every Commie country, and MY own experiences using Military healthcare while stationed in Europe. The solution is simple, and it's to end government interference in healthcare except for licensing.
Again, this is an opinion is NOT reflected in any type of fact. Please feel free to post any peer reviewed studies, I'll be happy to read them. Until then, this is simply an ill informed opinion substantiated on nothing.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 12:08 PM   #32
SoCal235
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235

And the most embarrassing prediction, that it will be gutted by the Supreme Court. Today the Supreme Court of the US voted 6-3 in support of the Affordable Care Act.

Fox News Article

MSNBC Article
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #33
DfVgyCjmFQnu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i Auto Coupe

Quote:
Tort reform = little no savings. It's a red herring used to limit your right to restitution and put the tax payer on the hook instead of the insurance companies.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...19-column.html
Absolutely wrong. Initiate tort reform and healthcare costs will drop 75% overnight since doctors won't have to practice "Cover Your Ass" medicine instead of real medicine. All due to the freaking medmal leeches knows as attorneys.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 04:43 PM   #34
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligament View Post
Absolutely wrong. Initiate tort reform and healthcare costs will drop 75% overnight since doctors won't have to practice "Cover Your Ass" medicine instead of real medicine. All due to the freaking medmal leeches knows as attorneys.
Source?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 12:03 AM   #35
DfVgyCjmFQnu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i Auto Coupe

Quote:
Source?
Myself, a doctor.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 12:06 AM   #36
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Myself, a doctor.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 08:28 PM   #37
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
"Defensive Medicine" is a significant problem, with some estimates reflecting it's 25% of medical cost:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...n-the-disease/

Tort reform, however, is debated as a way to reduce Defensive Medicine and therefore the associated cost. Tort Reform, though, doesn't mean Docs won't get sued, just that they will not get sued for as much. So Medical Malpractice insurance will still be expensive, and Docs will continue to cover their collective asses.

And it won't change anytime soon. Some of Obama's largest contributors are the Trial Attorney's lobby - 97% of their donations go to Democrats.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/trial...-on-democrats/
      07-28-2015, 08:12 PM   #38
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal235 View Post
1) Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA): ‘It’s going to destroy our economy…It’s going to push us into a total economic collapse’ (October 8, 2013)

No economic collapse here.

2) Speaker John Boehner (R-OH): Obamacare ‘will bankrupt our nation, and it will ruin our economy.’ (January 6, 2011)

Economy doesn't look ruined to me. In fact signs are pointing to the fact that the economy is doing pretty well right now.

3) Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK): ‘There will be no insurance industry left in three years.’ (October 12, 2010)

Odd, there still seems to be an insurance industry.

4) Rush Limbaugh said Obamacare would cost the economy ‘2.5 million jobs minimum’ and would be a ‘literal tragedy’ (February 6, 2014)

Most of the reports I have read lately have shown an uptick in jobs.

5) Glenn Beck: ‘This is the end of prosperity in America forever, if this passes. This is the end of America as you know it.’ (November 19, 2009)

The good ol' USA seems to stil be here.

The GOP leadership and pundits have been trying to paint the Affordable Care Act in a poor light ever since it's inception. Theses inaccuracies are just a bit of how incorrect GOP leaders and pundits have been over the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.

How many more lies will the GOP followers allow their leadership to tell them before they realize they are bald faced lying to them.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015...y-predictions/
  • There's no question in my mind that the comments you list above are little but inflammatory hyperbole.
  • I'm believe the ACA is better than having no sort of or move toward universal healthcare for all citizens.
  • I also know that some of the attestations the initial advocates of the ACA made didn't at all pan out as stated.
  • Lastly, though overall, I'm glad the ACA exists, I'm not happy with all of its provisions.
It's very rare that any predictions of "gloom and doom" are accurate, but then the "everything's coming up roses" ones haven't any better track record.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #39
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M) (15 M3 YMB,)

the best is the lady that burnt herself with the coffee which is used as the example of the most frivolous law suit but what is never told is that she almost died because the coffee was so hot it melted her cup which was between her legs and the coffee temp management was broken at that McDonalds. Look up the photos on google.
      07-28-2015, 09:10 PM   #40
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
the best is the lady that burnt herself with the coffee which is used as the example of the most frivolous law suit but what is never told is that she almost died because the coffee was so hot it melted her cup which was between her legs and the coffee temp management was broken at that McDonalds. Look up the photos on google.
How's this for frivolous? http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1330919

All the be

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 03:27 PM   #41
Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Have they even fully implemented the personal mandate yet for the ACA? I know of many family and friends who still have their original health care plans here in NY.
      08-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #42
SoCal235
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
And from what I recall of the case, it was the jury that made the determination of the money awarded to her. The jury based the amount of money on 1 days worth of coffee sales at McDonalds nationally. The jury wanted McDonalds to be hit with such a huge amount of money, that they would change their bad practices in regards to coffee holding temperature.
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2015, 09:05 PM   #43
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal235 View Post
1) Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA): ‘It’s going to destroy our economy…It’s going to push us into a total economic collapse’ (October 8, 2013)

No economic collapse here.

2) Speaker John Boehner (R-OH): Obamacare ‘will bankrupt our nation, and it will ruin our economy.’ (January 6, 2011)

Economy doesn't look ruined to me. In fact signs are pointing to the fact that the economy is doing pretty well right now.

3) Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK): ‘There will be no insurance industry left in three years.’ (October 12, 2010)

Odd, there still seems to be an insurance industry.

4) Rush Limbaugh said Obamacare would cost the economy ‘2.5 million jobs minimum’ and would be a ‘literal tragedy’ (February 6, 2014)

Most of the reports I have read lately have shown an uptick in jobs.

5) Glenn Beck: ‘This is the end of prosperity in America forever, if this passes. This is the end of America as you know it.’ (November 19, 2009)

The good ol' USA seems to stil be here.

The GOP leadership and pundits have been trying to paint the Affordable Care Act in a poor light ever since it's inception. Theses inaccuracies are just a bit of how incorrect GOP leaders and pundits have been over the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.

How many more lies will the GOP followers allow their leadership to tell them before they realize they are bald faced lying to them.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015...y-predictions/
The really funny thing is that it was Dole-care and Romney-care long before Obamacare. In reality Obama could've solved cold fusion, freed the world of nuclear weapons and ended poverty and those idiots would still find something negative to say. I remember just the other week the usual republican jag offs were all going off on the iran deal...then after being pushed they admitted that they hadnt even read it yet! Ridiculous. Our political system is ruined at this point. The republicans have no plan and no answers, their only goal is to obstruct Obama. This country has suffered greatly for it. But thats what they wanted, so they could point out what a failure he was. Bush did whatever the hell he wanted to during his 8 years but the congress under Obama has passed less legislation than any in history.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.

Last edited by Doc Oc; 08-06-2015 at 09:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 09:27 PM   #44
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

1 it is the greatest economic strain this country has been shackled with and it's effects are only just beginning to be felt. It will take a decade to fully realize the effects as they are being phased in over time.
2 same as #1
3 it is adversely affecting the industry. It will take more time but it is fundamentally changing it for the worse.
4 it will and has cost the economy a tremendous amount of jobs. Jobs being created are part time low paying jobs not high paying full time jobs as a result of this and unemployment remains near 12% the low unemployment number is because they don't count you after you've been unemployed for more than 2 tears. Labor participation does count you. It shows 12% unemployment and the lowest employment since carter.
5 true. People are now jobless or working part time at McDonald's demanding higher minimum wage because they can't get a real job from this. For the first time in American history a president will finish his term with lower average income per family largely due to this law.

Lol embarrassing to even try to say these are bad comments and your original diatribe trying to undermine them was as sharp as a bowling ball.
Appreciate 0